Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Frozen Fury

Book 1: Revolution
Book 2: Dust To Dust
Book 3: Broken
Book 4: Break Out

Chapter 7 - Frozen Fury

Chapter 7 - Frozen Fury
The following chapter was written by my bestest buddy EternalDarknessWaitsForDawn. Thanks much Ria! I promise I'll write more soon! I think I've finally found my insparation. ~Dezzy (6/30/09)

Frozenheart stood sentry duty on the roof of the barn, cold eyes scanning the surroundings. She almost dared anything to get close enough for her to lock her jaws around it's neck. Ivy carefully treked up to where she was sitting.

"I've come to relieve you for watch duty..." She stated meekly, afraid of meeting her cold eyed gaze. Frozenheart meerly flicked her tail.

"I need no relief." Her meow was harsh, and caused Ivy to jump. "But whatever the leader demands..." her voice trailing off. She leaped down from the barn, leaving the poor apprentice obviously relieved herself. Walking into the barn to catch something to snack on, she saw the kits playing around the queens' sleeping place. Her eyes softened as she watched them, remembering the little time she had had with her kits...

"Anything new to report, Frozenheart?" Phantom's question ripped her from the memory, and she raised her head to him.

"No, not even mice are stirring tonight..." Now having it said out loud, she did find it a little odd...She looked behind her to see that Ferret had taken Pocky and Emo out to explore, and a vivid scene flashed across her vision...

Crying kits... Blood everywhere... Vicious fangs closing around tiny throats...

A snarl ripped through her jaws as she bolted out to Ferret and Bandit. Something had just stirred in the bush, taking Ferret off-guard. A large fox now stood in the clearing, saliva dripping from its mouth. Ferret gasped, and tried to usher the frightened kits back inside. Frozenheart threw herself at the fox's underbelly, scratching it as fiercely as she could. She screeched as it's mouth closed on her shoulder, but she wouldn't loosen her grip on it, not til the kits were safe...

A second fox had since emerged, looking for something to fill its ravenous stomach. Back up bounded out of the barn in the form of Fang and Fira, along with Bandit they advanced on the second fox. Frozenheart meanwhile locked her jaws on the first fox's neck, while it thrashed desperately to remove her. She scraped her back claws down it's back repetivily, and wrapped her front claws reinforced with dog teeth around its neck. A sharp scratch on it's back made a nasty snapping sound, like she had cut its spinal cord...

As the first fox crumpled, the other realized defeat, and ran off. Frozenheart stood over her victim, panting heavily.

Scarlet ran up to Frozenheart, supporting her as she led her to the barn to lay down. A fresh batch of scars covered her pelt, and her breathing finally evened out. Ferret padded up to her in respect and dropped a mouse.

"Thank you. You saved mine and my kits' lives..." Frozenheart looked up at Ferret, and nodded. Right now she just needed rest.

"Remind me never to tick her off," Bandit whispered to Ferret.

"We've got quite a fearless fighter on our hands..." Fira mummbled...

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ginathehedgehog on August 19, 2009, 1:31:23 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogWow, this chapter is great, Ria did a good job ^^
I hope you get your inspiration back soon Dezzy, this story is so intriguing! :3

icestorm on July 1, 2009, 10:57:18 AM

icestorm on
icestormAWESOME Chapter EternalDarknessWaitsForDawn!! I love this story! :D

EternalDarknessWaitsForDawn on July 2, 2009, 1:02:36 AM

EternalDarknessWaitsForDawn on
EternalDarknessWaitsForDawnyay! tanku!