Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Epilogue: The Death

Shiv is taken into Dakota's newest center for metahumans. Things don't go as well as planned. Shiv background fic.

Chapter 12 - Epilogue: The Death

Chapter 12 - Epilogue: The Death
Disclaimer: I do not ownStatic Shock. Static Shock belongs to Dwayne McDuffie, MilestoneComics, DC Comics and WB. I wish I did though. That'd be sweet.Warning: Will containslash, drugs, violence and one sided relationships. This will be abit riskier than my average fics. Knowing me, it'll be okay but Ionly thought it fair to place a warning. I hope everyone enjoys therendition of Shiv by a third author. I want to be original and hopethis is.A/N: This is the finalchapter of TL. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope to keep writing.Thank you to everyone who read, who reviewed, and who is reading now.I hope to see you again.The Epilogue: The DeathShiv hunched positioned in a largetree on the south end of a small graveyard on the outside of Dakota.It was fenced carefully with only a few trees surrounding it. It wasalmost twilight now, making the shadows more exaggerated than anyother time of day. Shiv hunched lower, his eyes darted across thesmall patches. He was looking something. It had been two months since hisescape from the clinic. Static had left him well enough alone andShiv had behaved, for the most part. He had not rejoined the Breed.This trust had been violated and no good beast went back to a packthat didn't want him. He was alone. He had to admit it wasn't hardliving alone. He was nineteen now and a considerably healthy youngadult with plenty of fight and spirit in him. However, he did missthe company.Shiv's head bobbed erratically for amoment longer then stopped. He had seen what he was looking for. Hehunched him and stopped down from the tree and hurried across thegraveyard. He stayed hunched, it was habit now more than necessity,as he ran up to single tombstone. He looked down at almost doubtinghis eyesight from the tree: JOMEI CHEN1984 –2000Shiv recoiled a bit. It wasunnerving to see his better half's grave, his better half's emptygrave. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small folded gum wrapper. He unfolded it to reveal a few strands of pure black hair.They were ratty and rather split but were intact. "Joe, are youthere?" Shiv said quietly standing alone in front of the grave.He picked up the fewstrands of his hair and a feel came over him. He felt tired and worndown all of the sudden. "Of course, I'm here."Shiv put the hair back onthe paper. "How should I know you hardly say anything anymore?You used to never shut up."He placed a finger on thehair resting in his palm. He felt tired again but did not respond.He removed his finger andhis strength returned. "I didn't mean..." Shiv paused. Hisother half was weak. He was acted beaten and tired. He used to comeout form time to time. He'd make a remark to Ebon and spoke to Staticonly a few months ago. "Do you see it?"He touched the hair. "Isee it."Shiv grinned. "How isit being dead?" It was sick toying with him but Shiv thrived onit."The same."Shiv was taken aback. Joehad never frightened him before. "I mean the tombstone."Joe hunched slightly andsighed. "You killed me a long time ago. You know that. You don'thave to brag.""I didn't kill you!"Shiv was almost indignant yelling into his hand. "I mean I thinkits idiotic that they add a tombstone with no body.""A death is a death.""You're insane! Idon't know why I talk to you!!" Shiv said crossing his arms in aspiteful pout."You won't have to.""What do you mean?""If I'm not dead, thenI'm dying." "What are you talkingabout? You're me.""I am not. You'reShiv. This isn't your grave. Its mine and you know it. You know, I'mright."Shiv did. He frowned for amoment. He knew Joe wasn't real anymore. That he was as fleeting as amemory. "I... I didn't mean everything. I mean... I didn'tmean... to... kill you.""Yes, you did. You'rean animal, Shiv. We all know it. I was human, Shiv.""Survival of thefittest. If you can't survive...""...you don't."Joe said. He sounded exhausted. "You kept us alive Shiv and tookit all in the end. That's what it takes on the streets.""What about you?"Shiv seemed genuinely concerned looking at the hair."Leave the hair."His body felt infinitely weaker than it should. Shiv placed the hair on thetombstone. His body felt light and empty of something. Though hedidn't remember what. It was all like some type of dream that hecouldn't remember. He would no longer see to Joe and Joe no longerexisted. But in many senses, he never did.THE END.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment