Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Trickery

I got an idea for this earlier and decided to type the story up.
Please, don't flame, okay?

Chapter 1 - Trickery

Chapter 1 - Trickery
Chapter One: Trickery

Two months after the events in Sonic Next Gen


I remember when I had first met Mephiles. The moment he introduced himself to me and Rouge, I could tell he was somehow part of me. Why did I feel that way? He might have been my own shadow, but is it possible he was something more? Somehow, I harbor a little regret trying to stop him, but if I hadn’t helped the others stop him, what could of been the outcome? Would he have destroyed this world? The only thing I can best remember of him was how he looked when he was killed along with Iblis. He looked somehow peaceful, but still, he didn’t seem to be completely dead yet. Well, now it seems like he survived, but then, he was obviously dead.

For many weeks afterwards, whenever I got into bed and shut off the lights, I always got goosebumps whenever I got near a corner or the doorway. Sometimes I’d hear a voice murmur something during the night. Which sounded something like this ‘Shadow...I am you...please rescue me....’
And, whenever I got up in the middle of the night to get a snack, I swear that I can see his form peering out at me from the darkness. The moment I notice the apparition, it gives me a small grin and fades from sight.

Then, on the third month after the defeat of Mephiles, I was sleeping quite soundly until I heard a voice plead “Please, Shadow...take me back..please...” The voice sounded rather deep and I just gave a shrug and relaxed. Then, the voice said the same phrase, this time more insistently. I chose to ignore the voice, but that was a bit of a mistake.

I felt a sharp pain in my side and immediately, my eyes snapped open. I looked to my right and saw the same apparition I see when I get a snack at night. But this time, it didn’t look hazy, it looked very clear. Its green, slitted eyes were focusing on me, it felt like it was staring into my soul.

“Shadow...don’t try to forget about me...” it hissed, sending more pain into my side.
I slowly pull the blanket off of myself to find out how it was hurting me. But when I saw what it was doing, I mentally kicked myself for being so curious. Its hand was digging into my side, claws slicing with ease through my flesh, but it didn’t try to dig into me any further as I tried to pull away. Instead, it looked into my eyes.
“ You can’t hide from me..I will find you each time..” it said in a tone I recognized.

“Mephiles? Why are you here?”

“I am not here because I want to be, I’m binded to your soul...I can’t leave.”

I stared at the demon and arched an eyebrow at him. Mephiles only pulled his claws out of me and stepped back.

“I can’t leave unless you let me go..but then...I will never return again. You have to choose, Shadow...whether or not you still want me around...” he continued in a serious voice.
“Mephiles, I can’t choose. What will happen if I let you go?”

“I’ll leave and never return and you will no longer have a dark side...and you will always feel like you’re missing a part of you.”

“What will become of you?” I ask, standing up in front of Mephiles.

“I’ll probably cease to exist...forever.”

“I’ll never see you again?”

Mephiles nodded and somehow, a tear slid down his cheek and crystallized as it fell to the ground. I could only stand there and stare at him as I tried to make up my mind. Finally, I took a step closer as he faced away from me and murmured “I want you to stay. I don’t want you to have to suffer a cruel fate.”

The demon turned back to face me with a surprised expression on his face.

“In that case, you must accept me as a part of you and I shall be anchored to you forever.”

“How do I do that?”

“You just have to say it and then, I’ll take care of the rest.”

“You’re not trying to trick me again, are you?” I ask suspiciously.

The demon gave me a wierd look as if to say ‘What are you talking about?’

“N-No, I’m not. I’m telling the truth, I swear.” He reassured, crossing his heart with a finger.

“Fine, you are a part of me.” I sigh, clutching my head irritably.

Mephiles smiled at me and slowly faded into the ground with a purplish glow. I sigh, thinking that he was going to leave me alone for the rest of the night, but I was very wrong.
Suddenly, he came back up in the form of a purple aura, laughing in such a dark tone I knew that he had lied.

“Now, Shadow, open up!” He sneered as he coiled around me, heading up towards my mouth.

I refuse to open my mouth and he only laughs scornfully at me. His aura continues upwards and he somehow forces me to feel a sharp pain in my side. The pain was so bad I had to scream, which was what exactly Mephiles wanted me to do.

“Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!! Now you are mine!” Mephiles laughed as he forcefully goes into my mouth.

I fall to the floor as his soul manifests me and I violently thrash as he takes control of me.Then, I blacked out for a moment. With a cough, I rise up from the floor and smile at myself as I look over my body.

“Yessss, now I can control the Ultimate Lifeform.” I sneer in Mephiles’ voice unknowingly.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment