Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Space Exploration

I putting this up because I want to keep space exploration and this is my case for it. It was originally for school but I still decided to put it up.

Chapter 1 - Space Exploration

Chapter 1 - Space Exploration
Shannon Obbagy
8c LA
5-22-08
Space exploration-is it worth it?

Space exploration is definitely big these days& and expensive. So people ask if we should really continue. I say yes! Of course we should continue space exploration! I am all for it! Then people ask me: Why should we? The answer in easy: why not!
You always hear about rich, beautiful movie stars with so much money that they do not know what to do with it; there are also so many gossip magazines that are not even true, and of course those obnoxious television programs that are helping our societys downfall. All these things take money, and a lot of it! But are they really that important? People get money for no particular reason, and it is just not fair! It doesnt benefit us that there using all there money on drugs and alcohol! So why give the money to them! People are all for space and the joy it brings them, that is until they hear about the money. So why pay for useless things when we can give that money to a better cause, and that cause is space. Trust me, it is worth it!
Death, its such a monstrous situation in our world today. Its sort of strange how it changes us so much. People are dying and we have so many incurable diseases. We need a cure; we could save so many people. It is said that for this exact situation that we should deal with Earth first. The thing is people are missing the obvious! We can help make our planet batter through the other planets and through space. From a religious view, would God have even allowed us to make it to space if there was not a reason? Dont you think there is a reason that this all started? We can help the world so much! In fact, we already have! Think about the better cars caused by the technology in shuttles and rocket ships. We also have computers, and come on, who could live without there computers? So, cant we continue what we started? There may, or may not be a way that space will help, but think about it. Science is founded on curiosity and dreams. Mendel, for example, didnt know what a gene was he was just curious about why pea plants grew the shapes, sizes, and colors that they did. And, in the end, he created genetics, a major science in our world today! So, what do you think of space now?
Danger, Danger! Its there, it is true, and even I cannot deny the ways of the world. Astronauts have died, there have been bad situations. Everyone focuses so much upon it. But, people are killing each other more that space has killed anyone. Also, the astronauts know the danger, they know the risk, and they choose it. It was there choice! And you know what else? They died for a reason! They died doing what they loved, and they died for there dreams! Like Madam Curie, she died from radiation poisoning. Guess what?! We still use radiation! She died doing what she loved, and she died for a purpose. Everyone wants to change the world! Thats exactly what they did! So I do not know about you but I want to give there death a purpose! So I will support space exploration, and continue to do so!
I want to change the world. I want to see it change for the better. I believe space exploration can help make that happen. I will live my dream and no one will stop me! I will not quit because if I know one thing for sure its that we never succeeded in anything by giving up!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment