Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Homeroon, Science, Math, Oh My!

Nothing special, just a diary entry from the best day at school.

Chapter 1 - Homeroon, Science, Math, Oh My!

Chapter 1 - Homeroon, Science, Math, Oh My!
"OH MY GOD ITS SO FREAKING COLD!" shouts Cortney, a classmate as a few students from Mrs. Hendl's homeroom are stuck outside waiting for our teacher, freezing our asses off. I wince at the volume of her voice, and Reanna, a fellow classmate, turns and notices a substitute teacher walking up the ramp. She's no stranger; that's Mrs. Singley, the world's best substitute teacher. Her hair was pulled back into the usual ponytail, like it almost always is. She smiles at us and unlocks the door to the portable, letting us in from the cold February air.
A few minutes later, more students enter the room, including Rachael, my best friend. I stand up and wave, and she glares at me. My classmates flood near Mrs. Singley's desk, hugging her like they always do when they see her. I sit and write down my Daily Oral Language sentances, fixing the incorrect grammer and punctuation. I come across a sentance that oddly sounds like one that a hillbilly wrote, and I mock the sentance, enhancing the flaws.
"First we rowed them boats to the campsite then we pitch our tents and sleep!" I said, making Earnest, a tempermental and not exactly tall classmate, crack up along with Rachael.
20 minutes pass, and at last it's time to go to reading class, the class with the spunkiest and most energetic teacher i've ever had so far, Mrs. Mosteller. I groan as Tyler, a slack-off student I sit in front of, once again announces that he "pooted." Josh, his best friend who "conveniently" sits next to, laughs like a chipmunk and I whisper to Cortney, "They're being gay again."
"What?" they both ask in unison. "I hate it when people whisper," says Tyler.
"Nothing," Cortney says, and we both smirk.

The rest of reading class was filled with the usual stuff, us reading Tuck Everlasting, Mrs. Mosteller running and jumping around the room, indicating that she had her oatmeal for the morning. Josh, as usual, raised his hand for nearly every question, and almost never got called on. Tyler passed notes to Chris, another one of his many friends, and didn't get in any trouble for any of them.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowwolf44449 on February 25, 2007, 6:50:32 AM

shadowwolf44449 on
shadowwolf44449Earnest, a tempermental and not exactly tall classmate
Tyler, a slack-off student
Josh, his best friend who "conveniently" sits next to, laughs like a chipmunk
wow....i didnt no he laughs like a chipmunk.....
ill be a little more aware next time he laughs......

Sonic2 on March 3, 2007, 11:21:04 AM

Sonic2 on
Sonic2yaeh, tempermental who keeps preasure pointing me

disenergratedlove on February 24, 2007, 11:46:53 AM

disenergratedlove on
disenergratedloveomg kelly! LOL!!!! im reading on!!!!!! its sooooooo funny!