Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Knighted

My most popular fanfic from DA. A Sonic and the Black Knight fanstory with lots of my friends characters thrown in!

Chapter 3 - Knighted

Chapter 3 - Knighted
“What’s taking her so long?”

Lancelot spat through a stubborn yet worried tone. Galahad shot him a curious glance.

“Why are you so worried? Did you see how she looked? I don’t think the king will have any problems handling her if she tries anything sneaky.”

Lancelot stared at the ground. He wanted to know just who this hedgehog was. He had the feeling that he knew her from long ago. He started to shuffle uneasily as he gripped his scabbard to be on the safe side.

“Ah, I can’t take this, I’m going in!”

He suddenly screamed as he threw the huge door open.

“What? Father, wait!”

Galahad cried as he ran after his father.

“What is this?”

Lancelot asked in shock as he saw Sonic and Safir hugging by the throne, Sonic’s hand placed on her shoulder and her hands wrapped tightly around the king’s neck.

“King Sonic, who is this hedgehog?”

Lancelot shouted, his voice breaking in vein as he raked his memory for where he had known her from. Sonic’s mouth hung open as he stared wide-eyed at Lancelot.

“You mean to say that you don’t remember who this Hedgehog is? It’s Safir, your sister!”

Lancelot’s eyes widened. Of course! How could he not have known who his own sister was? Sonic’s expression was almost angry from the fact that Lancelot couldn’t tell who his own sister was but truth had it, they were separated as babies and only got back together at the age of 6 when Nimue brought them both to train in the castle. Safir had then gone on the mission at the age of 9 so frankly, the two hedgehogs had only really known each other properly for less than 3 years, Sonic probably knew them both better than they knew each other. His angered expression turned to a warm smile as Safir turned to face Lancelot.

“Safir, you came back, you came back!”

Lancelot called as he ran towards his sister, hugging her tightly.

“Lancelot, I missed you so much!”

Safir whispered as she hugged her brother back. She opened her eyes and peered over Lancelot’s shoulder and caught a glimpse of the young Galahad.

“Who’s that?”

Safir asked, curiosity growing in her chocolate eyes.

“That’s my son and your nephew, Galahad.”

Lancelot replied smoothly. Safir’s eyes widened.

“Your son? Who’s the mother?”

“Elaine, you remember her, right?”

Safir squinted her eyes, trying to remember all of the people she used to know and then it hit her. Elaine, one of their only friends when they first arrived at the castle. It was a shock that Lancelot had fallen in love with her, she only saw the two as best friends at the time but she felt happy for her brother.

“Greetings Galahad!”

“Greeting Safir, I’ve heard a lot about you!”

Safir smiled at the young hedgehog as Sonic walked forward to approach her.

“Young Safir, I think you have done well to survive alone for 5 years in the wilderness and your short amount of training before the mission was superb! Lancelot is already a Knight of the Round Table and I think it’s time that I dubbed you a knight.”

“Really?”

Safir asked, her eyes melting into Sonic’s and a wide smile spread across her face.

“Actually, that’s why we came here in the first place. I think it’s time you made Galahad a full knight!”

Lancelot pointed out to the king. Sonic eyed Galahad and then nodded slightly.

“Yes, I think Galahad has come together very well in the past few weeks, he may be knighted as well.”

All three hedgehog’s expressions were priceless at this wonderful news.

“We will hold the knighting ceremony tonight.”
-
-
-
-
That night, the lights shone brightly in the courtyard as all the knights of the round table formed a circle around King Sonic who was standing at the far end by the castle door, a proud smile on his face as he waited for the knights. The castle drawbridge swung down and the knights walked over it and through the circle, towards King Sonic. Safir was being led by Lancelot and Galahad was being led by Galehaut, Lancelot’s closest friend who was very fond of Galahad and had often helped Lancelot out in helping him train his son. Behind the 4 hedgehogs, walked Lady Elaine, mother of Galahad and close friend of Safir. Lancelot and Galehaut walked Safir and Galahad over to King Sonic, bowed to him and then stepped behind them, next to Elaine. Sonic faced the knights and smiled. The two bowed before their king and the already knighted knights took out their swords and held them towards the two young knights. Safir found it a bit scary having all of the swords being pointed at her but she shook the feeling off and turned her attention to Sonic.

“You have both trained your hardest to be fit knights of the round table. I have watched you progress through time and I believe your ready to become full-fledged knights.”

He turned towards Galahad.

“Galahad, your much like your father, you share a lot of his talent and I admire you for that. In the past 2 weeks, you have improved greatly, your sword skills especially and I believe that it is this that has allowed me to see your acceptance here.”

Galahad smiled widely, Sonic was accepting him as were the rest of the knights despite the legendary prophecy. Sonic placed his sword on Galahad’s shoulder and stared up at his knights.

“Sir Galahad is now a full knight of the round table! Please welcome him with open arms!”

Galahad got up and turned towards his fellow knights.

“Galahad, Galahad, Galahad!”

They all chanted. Lancelot and Elaine’s faces were filled with pride as was Galehaut’s. Sonic then turned to Safir.

“Dame Safir, the time you spent away from us couldn’t stop your destiny of becoming a full knight. You’re brave and always willing to help out, a truly trusted knight!”

Sonic then put his sword on her shoulder as he had done with Galahad.

“Dame Safir is now a full knight of the round table! Please welcome her with open arms!”

Safir got up and turned to the other knights, standing close to Galahad and peering at the sea of faces in front of her.

“Safir! Safir! Safir!”

They chanted and a smile spread across her face. Galahad prodded her shoulder to get her attention.

“Hey Safir, let’s go and stand with my father!”

He smiled as Safir nodded and they went to stand with Lancelot, Galehaut and Elaine. All the knights turned towards Sonic and proceeded to bowing down to him.

“Knights of the Round Table, I thank you all for staying loyal to me and I hope you will do so for the rest of your lives!”

The king smiled. His sword then shot straight up to make an announcement.

“For the sake of Camelot, do what you must to protect the kingdom!”

The sword, known as the sacred sword, Caliburn called aloud.

“Yes Caliburn, they get the point!”

The king grinned at his trusty sword who only snorted in an attempt to uphold his high standards.

“Well Sir Galahad, nice going! It’ll be great to get to know my nephew better now that I’m back!”

Safir winked at the young hedgehog who smiled in return.

“Yeah, you too!”

“Hey, congrats to both of you! I’m going to miss helping your father train you Galahad, but I’m sure I can show you some of the tricks I have up my sleeves!”

Galehaut grinned as he placed his hand on Galahad’s shoulder.

“Gee that would be great!”

Galahad smiled at Galehaut, grateful for the training he was being offered. Lancelot stood there looking extremely proud with both his son and his sister whilst Elaine looked equally as proud.

“Safir, you got a second?”

Sonic called from behind, startling the black hedgehog.

“Sure your highness!”

Safir replied as she said a quick farewell to Elaine, Lancelot, Galehaut and Galahad and walked over to Sonic.

“I already told you, just call me Sonic!”

Sonic grinned. Safir rolled her eyes and grinned at the king.

“I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you came back, I was so worried about you, I though I’d never see you again!”

Sonic began to stutter. Safir looked warmly at Sonic and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“I’m glad I came back too and I’m even more pleased that your still the king and better than ever! I missed you and everyone here so much!”

Safir began when Lancelot called her over.

“I’ve got to go. I’ll see you later Sonic!”

She stared warmly at the hedgehog and then bounded off to meet her brother. Caliburn eyed Sonic’s dazed look carefully before chuckling to himself.

“Is the mighty King Sonic falling in love?”

Caliburn asked cheekily. Sonic snapped out of his daze and slanted his eyes at his sword.

“Of course not! Besides, this is no time to be looking for a queen, we are still at war, we need to put all of our attention into our training!”

Sonic shouted at his sword.

“Ok, I understand!”

Caliburn replied but he just caught a glimpse of a small blush crawl across Sonic’s cheeks.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment