Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Shock

My most popular fanfic from DA. A Sonic and the Black Knight fanstory with lots of my friends characters thrown in!

Chapter 5 - Shock

Chapter 5 - Shock
“King Sonic, I caught these two in Camelot, who knows where they came from! They could be trying to claim the throne!” Gawain shouted at Sonic.

“That’s not true, were just passing through!” The black fox growled. “You have no right to judge us anyway you crazy hedgehog!” Gawain’s face grew more angered.

“Hedgehog? Don’t you know anything you stupid fox! I’m an echidna!” Gawain raged, taking a pace closer to her. The fox just snorted and then grinned.

“Well, you definitely need to fix your act, only a fool could be hurt by your pathetic sword swings!” The fox replied, an evil grin spread across her face.

Gawain almost tore the ground with his swords at the comment and charged towards the fox again, slicing a gash across her face. The fox flew back and hit the peach cat and the two rolled over each other. The fox lay on the floor, the cat next to her writhing in pain, Gawain looming over them with a satisfied grin on is face.

Gasps called up from the crowd at the sight of Gawain’s peril. The black fox opened one eye and stared at Gawain, a menacing snarl on her face and she threw herself onto him, knocking the experienced knight head over heels. Before Gawain had time to recover, the fox slashed at his face with exposed claws causing blood to trickle from his forehead. The fox looked more angry than Gawain had done and carried on slashing at Gawain who eventually fell back, landing on his knees and dropping his swords down beside him, gasping for air and panting from shock. The fox breathed heavily over Gawain, blood oozing from a cut on her cheek but she showed no former sign of weakness. Even the peach cat had got up and snarled at Gawain causing the hot-headed echidna to flinch.

“Stop!” Sonic called out in rage, Caliburn bouncing beside him.

“Gawain, this is not how a proper knight should behave!” Caliburn fumed at the knight who turned away in embarrassment.

“Gawain, did you hurt this cat?” Sonic asked turning towards the peach cat and trying to hold his anger in. Gawain hesitated and then slowly nodded. Sonic sighed, closing his eyes and looking down. “Sir Caradoc, go and fetch Blanchefleur to tend to these traveler’s wounds.” Sonic said after a moment, pointing to a wolf knight. Caradoc slowly nodded and scurried off.

“I don’t need any medical attention, it’s only a cut, this stupid knight should have known better but I’m not going to die from it!” The cat scowled at Gawain but he wasn’t even looking anymore, he was staring at the ground in shame, his swords dug into the earth beside him. Everyone turned against Gawain, everyone apart from a white bat who hurried over to Gawain’s side, fear clouded he eyes as she bent beside the knight.

“Gawain, are you alright?” The bat asked worriedly but Gawain didn’t reply. The bat sighed heavily as she placed her hands around Gawain’s neck and pulled him into a hug.

“Dame Ragnelle is the only one who has sympathy for him.” Olwen whispered to Safir who nodded in agreement. Gawain and Ragnelle had always shown rivalry when Safir was training before she ran away but it seemed as if they had both matured now. Safir caught a glimpse of Ragnelle gently kissing Gawain’s check in comfort. She twitched her ear, the two must either be really good friends or be engaged. Just at that thought, Safir saw a silver ring with green gems studded in the middle on one of Ragnelle’s fingers. Safir smiled gently to herself, those were pieces of the Master Emerald, Gawain’s most prized possession. She guessed Ywain or Breunor had helped to make the ring for Gawain, maybe even one of the apprentices! Before she had time to work out the answer, Caradoc came sprinting across the stony trail followed closely by a calico cat and a small horse. Safir was puzzled as she had never met neither the cat nor the horse before but by the wad of herbs that they were both carrying, she guessed that they were healers. The calico cat quickly ran over to the peach cat but she got pushed away.

“Not me, are you all as dumb as that knight? Bel Inconnu is hurt worse than me!” The peach cat said pointing to the fox. The calico cat bowed to the peach cat and called the horse to follow her over to the black fox known as Bel Inconnu.

“I’m not that badly heart.” Bel Inconnu hissed but still allowed the calico cat to dab wet moss on her wounds and dress them in honey. She then took some burdock root and emptied it into a small bowl and crushed it to a pulp and applied it to Bel Inconnu’s wounds before mopping her brow and turning to the horse.

“Gwendolyn, can you do what I just did to that peach cat please?” The calico cat asked kindly.

“Yes Blanchefleur.” The horse nodded before walking over to the peach cat and copying what Blanchefleur had done. The peach cat hissed in pain but allowed Gwendolyn to dress her wound. After she had finished, the peach cat went to stand next to Bel Inconnu.

“Thanks.” Bel Inconnu mumbled.

“So, who are you anyway?” Sonic asked curiously.

“Just two travelers, I’m Bel Inconnu and that’s Cynedyr.” The fox replied pointing in turn to herself and the peach cat.

“We were hoping to rest here but I think I’ve changed my mind now.” Cynedyr snarled, shooting a menacing glance at Gawain who was still perched on the floor, Ragnelle by his side. Sonic leaped in front of them with a huge jump to talk face to face with them.

“Please, stay a while, you’re in no condition to travel anyway and Gawain will be punished for his actions.” The king pointed out.

“Thanks but no thanks, we don’t stay in any place too long.” Bel Inconnu replied closing her eyes as she pushed past the king and down the path. Gwendolyn ran after the cat and pulled her tunic.

“Please, don’t leave! We haven’t had travelers for a long time and it’s nice to see new faces!” The young healer apprentice pleaded, her eyes shining. Blanchefleur’s face lit up at her apprentice’s enthusiasm. Bel Inconnu hesitated before turning to Cynedyr who slowly nodded. Bel Inconnu turned back to the young apprentice.

“Ok, we’ll stay for a while.” She sighed. Gwendolyn’s face lit up and she started bouncing around happily. Sonic smiled and went up to the two travelers.

“Then welcome to my kingdom!”





Sonic allocated the travelers a room in Camelot Castle, they were sharing with Dame Arrok, a hasty young echidna who had offered up her room to the travelers. Sonic was thrilled since he now didn’t have to ask every single knight in the kingdom if they didn’t mind extra company. Arrok had one of the biggest rooms as well so it was easier for Bel Inconnu and Cynedyr to settle in plus they could stay together.

The next few days were pretty much the same, training and visiting the blacksmith’s to get their swords sharpened and items. Galahad had fallen sick and had to remain in bed for a while. Early one bright morning, Safir and Olwen were out training together when they heard something. It almost sounded like laughter and the two knights grew suspicious. Olwen looked somewhat worried as she turned towards Safir.

“That sounds a bit like my brother.” Olwen She said worriedly. “I hope he’s ok!”

“Let’s go and check it out!” Safir suggested as the two knights bounded across the moorlands and into the forest. The laughing got louder as they reached the heart of the forest. Safir nodded for Olwen to follow her as she slid to hide behind a tree. They both peered out from behind to catch a glimpse of Galahad and another knight. Olwen gasped as she realised the situation. Galahad wasn’t sick at all, he was using that as an excuse to go off alone and meet this knight. Who was this knight? None other than Dame Percival, one of Sonic’s strongest knights. The two carried on laughing before leaning towards each other, their faces almost touching as hot breath breathed on their opposing muzzles. Galahad smiled at the slender purple cat before closing the gap between his lips and hers. Olwen almost shrieked out loud but Safir flicked her ear to remind her that they were hiding.

“What’s the big deal? Galahad’s just meeting Percival.” Safir whispered.

“You don’t understand, Galahad vowed to chastity in front of my father’s eyes, if he breaks that promise, he would have disobeyed Lancelot!” Olwen fretted. Safir bit her lip and then turned back towards Galahad who was now cradling Percival in his arms and stroking her feathered head. Olwen’s face showed sympathy for her brother but she looked very disappointed as well. Safir placed a hand on Olwen’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry Olwen, I’m sure he’ll realise that his actions are wrong within time, just wait, trust me! Safir smiled. Olwen stared towards the ground for what seemed like ages but then she slowly looked up and nodded slightly.

“Ok Safir, I trust you.” She smiled faintly. “But one thing, don’t mention this to my father.” Safir nodded in agreement.

“Good, let’s leave them alone, intervening will only make matters worse.” Safir suggested as she pushed Olwen in the opposite direction. Olwen looked back once more at her brother and then turned to leave.





On their way back to Camelot, Safir and Olwen came across a group of patrolling knights. There was a large purple cat with a frog on his head, a muscular green crocodile, a purple female hedgehog, a blue female cat and a black and red male hedgefox.

“Hello you two, going anywhere good?” The black and red hedgefox asked. Safir identified him as sir Bedivere by his three tails and red-tipped quills.

“No where special.” Olwen replied half-heartedly. Safir could tell she was upset because of the shock about Galahad.

“Were going to go and see the blacksmiths.” Safir added. Bedivere nodded before turning to his fellow knights.

“Were off to the heart of the forest to train.” He replied. Olwen froze at these words. That’s where Galahad and Percival were, if these knights found out about Galahad’s secret, Lancelot would be the first to know.

“No!” Olwen shouted. The knights stared at her strangely.

“What Olwen means to say is, maybe you should come to the blacksmiths with us first, we could all do with a drink I think and I’m sure at least one of you needs a sword sharpen!” Safir quickly jumped in.

“Thanks but no thanks, were on the morning patrol so we have to go there anyway.” The female cat said, her spiked head-fur blowing in the breeze.

“But Dame Evaine, there’s no point in checking, we just came from there!” Safir said quickly, Olwen was feeling worried now and Safir could tell by her short breaths and shivering.

“No, we must check, King Sonic asked us to.” Abyss replied. Safir bit her lip whilst trying to think of a response.

“Ok, we’ll come with you then.” She quickly said. “I’ll take the lead.”

“Actually, I’m the leader, I’ll tell you what to do!” The green crocodile said. What a surprise, Sir Ector always wanted to be first in everything and always wanted to be the leader Safir thought sarcastically. Safir had to listen to him since he was in fact the leader of this patrol. She slumped behind him next to the purple cat who was known as Sir Colgrevance. Sir Ector stared proudly at his small patrol and then pointed forward in a heroic pose.

“Excelsior!” He cried before charging off. The purple hedgehog slapped her forehead.

“Of all the patrols…” She grumbled.

“Ah, Sir Ector’s not that bad Dame Iseult.” Sir Colgrevance commented, stroking the frog he had under it’s chin. Iseult just sighed before the whole group ran to catch up with Ector. Olwen and Safir slowly fell to the back, a little away from the group.

“What are we going to do?” Olwen asked with a worried tone. Safir closed her eyes and thought.

“Why don’t I go on ahead and warn him, you keep the patrol distracted to get them out of the way while I run ahead.” Safir suggested. Olwen nodded with a smile.

”Great idea pal!” She grinned before standing still. She suddenly fell to the ground writhing in pain.

“Ouch, my leg, I think I might have sprained it!” Olwen cried. The patrol turned around and ran over to her.

“Are you alright?” Iseult asked worriedly.

“I’ll…be…fine…ouch!” Olwen shouted. She turned to Safir and winked. Safir took that as a signal and crept out of the ring of knights and quickly sped to the heart of the forest. Safir ran as fast as she could, even with super speed, her hatred of running slowed her down and it took her a while to reach the heart. Safir panted, she hadn’t ran so far in a long time and absolutely despised doing so but she quickened her pace and dove into the heart of the forest. To her relief, Galahad and Percival were only sitting there, no romantic relationship between them was oticable at the present moment.

“Greetings Safir.” Galahad blinked. Safir shook her head quickly.

“We haven’t time, just come out of the heart of the forest!” Safir panted.

“What?” Percival asked with a confused tone.

“I’ll explain on the way.” Safir said as she grabbed Galahad and Percival’s arms and started to run. Just at the moment when they leaped into the cover of the undergrowth, the patrol appeared. Ector scanned the area for a while and the turned to the other knights.

“Great job, were finished here.” He said before waving his hand and escorting them out.

“Alright, I’ll stay behind thanks.” Olwen smiled to Ector who only shrugged.

“Suit yourself, come o the rest of you!” Ector replied before the other knights waked off. Olwen flopped onto a rock and sighed. At that moment, Safir, Galahad and Percival sprang out of the undergrowth.

“Oh Safir, thank you so much! You saved my family from a terrible shame!” She smiled before hugging her.

“It’s no problem Olwen, I’m just glad everything turned out ok, that was some quick thinking there!” Safir grinned.

“Excuse me you two but I think you owe us both an explanation.” Percival said coldly to the two knights.

“Look, I know what’s going on between you and my brother and we did that to save you from being exposed.” Olwen said quietly. She then turned to Galahad. “I’m so disappointed in you Galahad, father will be so upset if he finds out.”

“But Olwen, it’s not fair! I love Percival with all my heart and it’s not fair that father should take my one true happiness away from me.” Galahad sighed. He then lowered his eyebrows to his sister and an angry expression crawled across his face. “Besides, I wont tell if you don’t tell.” He said.

“Tell what?” Olwen asked puzzled.

“About you and Dinidan, don’t think we’ve forgotten your little promise to daddy as well.” Galahad replied. Olwen nearly fell back in shock.

“Are you threatening me? Dinidan and I are just close friends!” Olwen shouted.

“Pretty close friends then.” Galahad replied.

“Galahad, me and Safir just saved you from shame and a lie! I know that your not really sick, you just used it as an excuse to sneak out and see Percival everyday! You shouldn’t take my kindness for granted dear brother, you obviously haven’t seen the angry side of me! If you think your going to get away with threatening me then your wrong because my lips aren’t permanently sealed!” Olwen shouted, tears spilling out of her eyes. Galahad’s face suddenly changed from his angry expression to oe of sympathy.

:Olwen, I’m so sorry.” He stuttered, closing his eyes and bowing his head.

“Yeah, that’s what you always say!” Olwen cried before turning round and bolting through the trees.

“Olwen!” Galahad called as tears rolled down his face but she had already gone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment