Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Through The Fire

My most popular fanfic from DA. A Sonic and the Black Knight fanstory with lots of my friends characters thrown in!

Chapter 7 - Through The Fire

Chapter 7 - Through The Fire
Galehaut bolted out of the smithy, not even thinking to say goodbye and left the smithy in confusion but he had to find Galahad, he was so worried and he didn’t want to think about never seeing the young knight again. But where to go?

“The marketplace!” Galehaut whispered to himself. “If anyone’s seen Galahad, they’ll be in the marketplace!” He dashed down towards the market, almost knocking a woman over as she carried a heavy box of fruit to a stall and scanned the area looking for anyone who might know of Galahad. He caught a glimpse of Lady Lynette and Lady Enide by a small antiques stall and sir Erec slyly cutting across the village square, cleverly swiping a pomegranate from a stall as he walked past, the shop owner didn’t seem to notice. Galehaut raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to one side but shrugged off the thought, Erec was the last thing on his mind. Just then, out of the blue a black hedgehog pushed him aside, her red streaked quills swaying as she quickly dashed through the marketplace.

“Safir?” Galehaut questioned to himself, he hadn’t seen her run so fast for ages now. “Safir, wait up!” Galehaut then called to the young hedgehog. She swiftly turned around, panting as she did so to catch her breath, she had obviously been running around for a while. Galehaut charged up to her side and looked closely into her eyes.

“Safir, please, I need your help! Galehaut is missing! He’s your nephew and I really need help!” Galehaut pleaded the hedgehog. Safir’s face was filled with shock but it wasn’t for the reason that Galehaut had thought so. Safir bent closer to the white knight and lowered her voice to a hushed whisper.

“Listen Galehaut, I need your help as well! I think I know what’s going on but I can’t be too sure. Nevertheless this is no place to talk about it, let’s go to the forest, we can talk there.” Safir said with a scared tone and she quickly glanced around to make sure no one such as Erec was eavesdropping on their conversation. Erec had the tendency of turning invisible to fool his opponents or sneak up to listen to other people, hopefully he had already past when Galehaut had seen him before.

The two hedgehogs quickly ran out of the marketplace passing many villagers and knights as they went by and made it safely into the forest. Galehaut caught Safir by the hand, a scowl on his face which looked more worried than angry.

“Ok Safir, were here now, tell me what’s going on!” Galehaut growled. Safir felt no anger back towards the hedgehog, he was clearly very worried about Galahad’s disappearance and she couldn’t blame him for being angry and upset. She shrugged his hand off her wrist which he was digging in by now and sighed.

“If I tell you Galehaut, you must promise not to breath a word of this to anyone, especially my brother!” Safir said seriously. Galehaut thought for a moment before nodding his head.

“Alright then.” He spoke coldly. Safir ushered for the white hedgehog to sit down on a tree stump as she spoke of what had happened.

“Ok, yesterday I was out training with Olwen, we were in the forest when we heard noises. We followed them and they seemed happy, they were laughing in fact! We hid for a while and spied on the two voices which belonged to Galahad and Percival. They looked like they were having a lot of fun and they seemed very close! I thought they were just good friends but Olwen looked clearly upset by their bond. After a while, Galahad and Percival kissed and Olwen looked like she was almost in tears. I was very confused but Olwen soon told me through whimpers of sadness that Galahad had vowed to chastity. I was then also shocked. She made me promise not to tell anyone else…” Safir cut of there and stared long and hard at Galehaut. “That’s why you can’t say this to anyone, don’t even tell Olwen I said any of this to you!” Galehaut just nodded and forced her to continue. “We left them alone but then we saw Ector’s patrol coming. We were forced to disband and confuse them so they wouldn’t find out about the two’s secret relationship which worked. We joined their patrol and Olwen faked an injury whilst I went and warned the two away. After that we discussed the matter with Galahad and Percival but Galahad only got annoyed. He threatened Olwen who raged off crying. I didn’t know what to do at this point but I chose to follow Olwen so I left Galahad and Percival alone again. That’s the last I saw of them both, and not only that but Percival seems to have disappeared as well!” Safir finished. Galehaut’s mouth lay agape as he took in all the information.

“You mean that…” He started.

“Yes, I think so.” Safir sighed. “Percival and Galahad must have run away together.”

Galehaut was speechless. The very thought of his best friend’s son running away was unbearable and a small tear found it’s way out of Galehaut’s iris and began rolling down his cheek.

“He was my b-best friend’s son and my student! How could he do this?!” Galehaut raged as he pounded a fist to the floor, tears freely streaming now. Safir bent down to her friend, tears forming in her eyes as well now.

“Galehaut, there’s no need for this! We’ll find him, Percival too! We just need to work together!” She soothed. Galehaut stopped wailing and slowly nodded his head, not daring to meet Safir’s strong gaze. “Look, Blaze may be fast but not as fast as me, I take after my brother remember? Galahad on the other hand, didn’t inherit his speed so they couldn’t have gotten too far. First of we need to figure out where they went. Any ideas?” Safir asked. Galehaut slowly shook his head, daring to meet Safir’s gaze which had gone soft now. She slowly sighed before shaking her head as well.

“I’ve checked the whole market and the smithy b-but I don’t know where they could have gone.” Galehaut stuttered as he sniffed quietly.

“Well, looks like were stuck finding them ourselves!” Safir replied, hauling herself back onto her feet as Galehaut followed her example, grabbing Safir’s hand whilst she helped him up, the poor grey hedgehog was shaking with worry.

“Look, we’ll find him, I promise.” Safir told him, catching his gaze to make sure that he understood the she was confident and telling the truth. Galehaut seemed to perk up at this, a new light glinting in his eyes as he got up and nodded more confidently.

“Your right, we’ll find Galehaut if it’s the last thing we do!” He gleamed. Safir smiled and ushered for him to follow her leading to the plains away from Camelot. “I’ll die before I give up finding him.” Galehaut whispered to himself before following Safir.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Meanwhile, back in Camelot, everything was quiet and normal, Lancelot had assumed that Galahad and Galehaut were out training so he headed off to train with knights of his own ability. Sir Warwick who was a light blue hedgehog that sported armor of a similar colour and a glinting sword that was dotted with it’s own quills. A red cape flowed behind him and his helmet placed firmly over his face. Along with the two was a green hawk with unusually large feathers on his head. His armor was pure silver that shone in the sun and he carried two swords, green in colour that had around five blades on each. Next to Lamorak walked one of his closest friends, Sir Tor who was a huge grey Albatross. He scouted a huge sword that looked rather heavy and to go with it was a huge hunk of metal armor covering his chest and face up. Grinning at the back of the group was a brown weasel known as Sir Reynold or better known as “The Knight who loved the healer.” Reynold was well known though out Camelot as having a huge crush on Blanchefleur the healer but she didn’t quite seem to get the hint at all. His armor was golden, dotted with light blue and his sword was pretty long, a lot like Dame Percival’s. Traveling next to Reynold was the posh snobbish knight, Sir Tristan. Most people thought that this cream mink wasn’t cut out for knightly hood as he acted more like an aristocrat than a knight around the king but he took his training up daily and by laws of the court, this was allowed. His armor looked very posh indeed, it was wine coloured and pretty smooth, not too bulky for his sensitive taste however this meant it was weaker than most normal armor. He even had a posh sword! It had a little hand shield and it was extremely thin. Tristan was the lover of Dame Iseult, she was the only one that seemed to notice any good in him much to the dismay of her brothers, King Sonic and Sir Gaheris. Cador also tagged along with the group in hopes of training and to catch up with Camelot news as he had been doing a lot of private training in the forest lately. The last of the rather large group was the shy hedgehog, Sir Bors. He was a relation of Lancelot who treated him as a younger brother. Grey in colour with a symbol on his head that also appeared on the front of his black armor. His sword looked a bit like Lancelot’s however, it was much smaller.

The group set out to the training hollow, a large sandy pit where knights could come to train.

“Didn’t bring Galahad with you then?” Reynold asked Lancelot with his usual grin and spring in his step. Lancelot firmly shook his head.

“No, he’s training with Galehaut.” He replied.

“And your sister?” Warwick pondered, rushing to the front to catch the conversation.

“Actually, I haven’t seen her today, I wonder where she could have got to.” Lancelot thought, a pang of worry lingered in his mind now.

“She’s probably training with that riff raff daughter of yours.” Tristan snorted. Lancelot just ignored his rude remark, everyone had learnt that whatever Tristan said, there probably wasn’t any point in even listening, especially not answering.

The group split off into twos to train. Lamorak and Tor, Warwick and Tristan (much to Warwick’s dismay), Cador and Reynold and lastly, Lancelot and Bors.

Lamorak and Tor were battling it out full on, no holding back as they swung their swords towards each other, friendship meant nothing in a fight even if this was only training. Cador and Reynold were having more of a friendly battle just to practice basic moves and blocks really. Lancelot and Bors were practicing dodging and were swiftly leaping from side to side as they shot blows at one another. They all seemed to be doing well but it was a different story for Warwick and Tristan.

“Ouch that hurts!” Tristan wailed as he rubbed a small scratch on his armor.

“Well maybe you should get some thicker armor.” Warwick suggested.

“Are you brainless? This is the armor everyone should be getting! Not the cheap stuff you’re wearing.” Tristan snapped back, folding his arms over one another and shutting his eyes.

“But your armors too thin.” Warwick retorted through gritted teeth. “That wasn’t even a hard swipe and you’re complaining about it.

“If you’re going to be rude then I suggest you just leave me alone!” Tristan screeched causing all the other knights to spin around in shock. Warwick let out a shrill of frustration before storming off into the market, mumbling under his breath as he went.

“Ah that Tristan gets on my nerves, I’ll never know why Sonic accepted him as a Knight!”

As he stormed through the market, he caught sight of Lady Morgan showing Sir Claudin around. A blush fell upon his face at the sight of Morgan, her beauty was dazzling! Without really thinking, Warwick strolled up to the two.

“Greetings Lady Morgan, Sir Claudin. I’ve heard of you Claudin, a former prince!” Warwick began to babble, he was at a loss for words at the present time. Claudin blushed a deep red and looked towards his feet.

“I was, but I wasn’t really cut out for it.” He replied hastily. Morgan smiled briefly at Warwick before coughing and looking to the floor. Warwick didn’t really know what to say, he had thought that Morgan was very pretty for a long time but he didn’t have the courage to tell her.

“Um hello?” Claudin called to Warwick who immediately shot out of his thoughts and stared at the former prince.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“I asked how you met Morgan.” Claudin repeated. Warwick shot around and scanned the area but he noticed that Morgan was gone. A glum expression spread itself across his face and Claudin took a sudden interest in this.

“Anything the matter? Morgan just went to buy some pomegranates.” Claudin pointed out, a grin forming on his face by now. “Do you like her or something?” Warwick’s entire face glowed red at this remark, speechless, he slowly shook his head. “Haha, it’s fine, I won’t tell.” Claudin winked at the light blue knight just as Morgan returned with a bag of pomegranates.

“Anyone want one?” She offered and the two knights gratefully took one each from her and continued to walk through the town together.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Sonic and Caliburn were walking through the town at this time towards the Smithy to get Caliburn sharpened. As Sonic pushed the wooden door open, he too was greeted by the blast of heat. The apprentices were relaxing on the sofa and it looked as if Breunor had gone out for lunch. Sonic scanned the area for sight of his good friend, Ywain who he spotted under a table collecting old bits of metal from the floor.

“Hiya Ywain!” Sonic grinned as he walked towards his friend.

“Why hello Sonic, Caliburn! What a nice surprise!” Ywain smiled warmly. “Come to be sharpened Caliburn?”

“Just a quickie please Ywain.” Sonic replied for Caliburn who huffed from the fact that Sonic had jumped in like that. Ywain nodded before picking up Caliburn and taking him towards the huge stone pedestal where he briskly begun to turn the wheel in order to sharpen the sword. Sonic leaned back on the table as Ywain sharpened the sacred sword.

“Hey Ywain, you haven’t seen Safir by any chance have you?” Sonic asked. He turned away from Ywain when he said this and begun to rub the back of his head. Ywain blinked hard.

“I’m afraid not Sonic.” He replied, a little curious as to why Sonic refused to face him. Caliburn seemed to have read Ywain’s thought.

“Is the king blushing by any chance?” Caliburn chuckled.

“What!? Of course not!” Sonic retorted but he still refused to turn around causing Caliburn to let out a small chortle. Ywain let out a small sigh with a smile spread across his face.

“Listen Sonic, it’s fine if you like her, you and her are very close and to be honest, you two look good together!” Ywain smiled.

“Ywain, I don’t like her and even if I did, I have no time to be choosing a queen right now!” He retorted as he shot a death glare at Caliburn.

“Whatever you say Sonic.” Ywain replied although he had a small grin on his face.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

“Any sign of them?” Safir asked as she panted from walking so far. The two had been traveling for hours and were long gone from Camelot by now, in fact they were clear in the battlefield where Safir had fled from. The thought of her old teammates made Safir cringe, especially the thought of Rex. She had clearly loved the fox and sadness was tearing at her heart at this point. Galehaut seemed to notice something was up and he immediately caught up with her.

“Something wrong?” He asked sympathetically. Safir looked towards the floor, tears streaming down her face.

“It’s just…” But before she got to speak, she was shot in the chest by a huge flame that looked like a Phoenix. She fell to the floor, writhing in pain as her armor refused to protect the powerful burning.

“Safir!” Galehaut called but he too was struck by the fire and shrunk to the floor. Evil laughter filled the whole battlefield as it became shrouded in fire and above it all stood a yellow hedgehog.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment