Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - All My Fault

My most popular fanfic from DA. A Sonic and the Black Knight fanstory with lots of my friends characters thrown in!

Chapter 8 - All My Fault

Chapter 8 - All My Fault
It felt like a Meteor. The compulsive impact and burning pained Safir all over. It was like her whole body went up in flames even with her element of fire. For Galehaut, it was ten times worse. Having the ability of water, he would have thought that it would cease his pain but he was wrong. Water was no use against the meteoric surge that was compressing and vibrating through his body. The water inside him was steaming and pain hit him like a rock. The yellow hedgehog just shrieked across the field, filling it with evil laughter as the whole atmosphere aroused in flames. Safir took one last look at the burning surroundings before her heart lurched, and she closed her eyes.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“Hey Caradoc, you haven’t seen Galehaut and Safir have you?” Cador asked as he approached the young wolf who was clashing swords with the young red knight, Sir Priamus. Caradoc signaled for the red knight to stop attacking as the wolf walked over to speak with Cador.

“No I haven’t. They’ve gone?” Caradoc blinked.

“Well I can’t find them anywhere, Lancelot asked me to help look for them but I’ve had no luck so far.” At that moment, Olwen who had been watching the training between Caradoc and Priamus galloped over to Caradoc and Cador.

“Safir and Galehaut are missing?” She gasped as she ran over to the two knights. “Not them too!” She whined as she felt some-what responsible for their disappearance.

“What do you mean, them too?” Cador asked suspiciously. Olwen then looked away, wishing she had never said anything.

“Well, it’s just…Galahad and Percival have disappeared as well.” She whispered.

“What? Do you know why?” Cador asked in a rushed voice.

“No.” Olwen lied as she wouldn’t meet neither Cador nor Caradoc’s gaze.

“Poor Lancelot, he must be worried sick! His sister, his best friend, his son and his son’s friend all disappearing at once! I bet he’s glad your not gone, Olwen.” Caradoc pointed out. Olwen stifled a smile but it wasn’t too convincing and it caused Cador to raise an eyebrow. Olwen sighed.

“Come with me.” She whispered as she led them towards the leaving bridge of Camelot. Caradoc waved goodbye to Priamus as they all followed the black hedgehog.

Once outside Camelot’s protective walls, Olwen begun to retell the story of Percival and Galahad’s relationship.

“I’m not too sure, but I think Safir and Galehaut have probably gone to look for them.” Olwen finished with Caradoc and Cador staring in shock, mouth’s agape at Olwen’s explanation. “Please don’t say anything to anyone, especially not to my dad!” Olwen replied, signs of fear spread all over her face. Caradoc and Cador looked thoughtful for a moment before turning towards the young black hedgehog and slowly nodding.

“Alright.” Caradoc replied abruptly.

“Promise.” Cador added. Olwen smiled at the two before dipping her head in thanks.

“But they could all be in great danger! If we can’t tell anyone then I think we should do something about it.” Caradoc suggested, fear flashing in his eyes at the thought of the four away from Camelot’s safe haven. Cador turned towards the wolf and nodded. Olwen stared at the floor, carefully thinking the thought over.

“Ok. I think your right.” She finally said. “But I honestly don’t know where any of them went.”

“Well we’ll have to use our instincts. Galehaut and Safir can’t be too far off, I bet they’ll be on Percival and Galahad’s trail so if we follow them then I think we’ll be able to team up with them.” Cador said as he placed a hand over his eyes, shading them from the beaming sun as he peered into the distant wastelands.

“Alright, let’s just head straight and hope we catch up.” Olwen said as she took the lead, Caradoc and Cador slowly trailing behind her.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“That’s enough. Really. Thank you, Taliesin, Dagonet. You may retire.” Sonic sighed as he slumped back in his thrown, spinning his crown around on his fingertip as he let out a shrill yawn, his eyelids drooping as he held his free hand up to silence his bard and jester. Taliesin, a gray vampire bat ceased from playing his harp, Ryloth and brought it down to his knees before bowing to the king. The jester, Dagonet, a happy-go-lucky bee giggled whilst throwing his jester staff up in the air and catching it at the same time as floating in mid-air. Taliesin prodded his companion to stop playing about and bow to the king instead. Dagonet, who had a very short attention span had barely heard Sonic but as soon as Taliesin gave him a sharp look he immediately let out a small smile of embarrassment and lowered his staff before bowing to the king. Sonic just smiled.

“There’s no need for that guys.”

“Honestly King Sonic, its fine.” Taliesin replied, still bowing.

“Get real Taliesin, the king said it doesn’t matter!” Dagonet giggled who had already stopped bowing and was again throwing his staff high above his head. Taliesin shot a look of venom towards the young bee before yanking his wing and pulling him out of the room. Once away from Sonic, Taliesin let go of Dagonet’s wing who had been shrieking all the way out of the throne room.

“Listen Dagonet, I know you’re the jester and you like having fun but this is the king you’re talking to! You have to stop being so reckless!” Taliesin lectured the bee with a look of scorn on his face. Dagonet’s antenna drooped and his eyes grew watery.

“I was only having fun!” He sobbed as tears flowed freely down his face. Taliesin just sighed. He was used to Dagonet crying by now, if asked, he’d generally just stop anyway.

“Listen, Dagonet, I know you’re just having fun but this IS the king! Please try to understand that!” Taliesin spoke in a warmer voice as he placed one hand on the bee’s shoulder.

“Ok!” Dagonet then suddenly grinned as he shot up into the air, swiping Taliesin’s hand as he quickly jerked up. Taliesin growled under his breath, fangs exposed that glinted in the light, ready to go for Dagonet’s throat. Luckily he stopped himself as he heard the huge doors swing open and Lancelot stepped into view. He looked a little mad as he strode up to the jester and bard.

“Have you seen my sister or my kids?” He asked quickly. Dagonet and Taliesin stared at each other for a moment and then shook their heads.

“Sorry, Lancelot.” Taliesin said eventually. Lancelot growled and then made his way to the thrown room to ask Sonic leaving Dagonet and Taliesin alone once more.

“What was that about?” Dagonet asked.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Meanwhile, Caradoc, Cador and Olwen were still on Safir and Galehaut’s trail.

“Ugh, we’ve been walking for ages!” Caradoc complained as he threw himself to the floor and begun to rub his tired feet.

“I know but they can’t be too far!” Olwen replied anxiously as she scouted the area.

“I hope not.” Caradoc mumbles.

As the group walked further up, the grass begun to shrivel and crunch under their feet as the atmosphere warmed.

“What the?” Caradoc gasped.

“Was there a fire?” Cador pondered as he looked around. The whole field was black with burnt grasslands and the heat was still rising.

“If there was then it couldn’t have been that long ago, it’s still pretty hot here.” Olwen pointed out as she kneeled on the grass to brush the wisps between her fingers.

At that moment, the same fiery phoenix that had burnt the land flew straight into Olwen, burning her chest as she flew back on the ground writhing in pain.

“Olwen!” Cador gasped as he ran over to the young knight.

“I’m…o-ok…” She managed to stutter before she closed her eyes and fainted in Cador’s arms. Cador stared at Olwen, fear plastered on his face.

“Cador, look out!” Caradoc shouted but it was too late. Cador was also slashed by the bird-shaped flames on his back as he flew right over Olwen and landed on his stomach, shaking as he tried to refrain from losing consciousness but failed as his body grew limp and he crumpled to the floor. Caradoc was as scared as ever. He ran over to his companions and tried to wake them but it was no use and before long, the meteoric sensation was spewing through hi veins as he too lay on the floor next to Cador, breathing heavily as he finally slipped into sleep.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“W-where am I?” Safir asked as she sat up and begun to rub her head. “Galehaut?” Safir slowly opened her eyes and then shot up immediately. “What the?” She gasped as she lunged up and ran towards some metal bars. She was in a prison. “Galehaut!” She screamed but she couldn’t see him anywhere. Hitting her hands against the strong bars clearly wasn’t helping and even her fire couldn’t melt them. As he anger subsided, she begun to peer around the room. There were others, flawlessly crippled in the huge cages, the same as her own. Some looked burnt like she was but others looked more stunned and had black bruises and a strange tar liquid all over them. Cocking her head to one side and forcefully flicking one ear, she pondered over the many bodies lying in pain around her. She continued to scan the area but her eyes stopped in one cell. Safir thought her heart had skipped a beat. Lying, soaked in blood on the floor was a blue fox.

“R-rex?” Safir gasped as her eyes waded over the blue fox. He looked much older than the last time Safir had seen him. He must have been about twenty one now but that wasn’t the only difference. He looked half dead. Scars etched all over his body and one eye was wounded, probably beyond repair. His once shining armor was cut and rusting, blood leaked all over it and the once shining state had disappeared all together. Rex, with his last ounce of strength raised his head towards Safir who was staring in awe at his battle-scarred body.

“S-S-Safir? Is that you?” He asked in a weak voice.

“It is Rex, it really is!” Safir then smiled with joy. Rex was alive. But the joy soon faded as Rex dropped his head again.

“I blame you for this.” He spluttered as blood dripped from his mouth.

“W-what?” Safir asked as she let go of the prison bars.

“You ran when you could have saved me. It’s your fault I’ve been locked in here for six years, fighting for my life everyday and…and…” Rex begun but his sentence only ended in a hacking cough as more blood spewed out of his mouth. Tears formed in Safir’s eyes. He was right. Everything that had happened to Rex, was all her fault.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment