Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Khrysor's Beginning

This is a story that I was writing for language arts class originally, but It was fairly long for the assignment so I decided to show it off here!! ;D

Chapter 1 - Khrysor's Beginning

Chapter 1 - Khrysor's Beginning
Khrysor galloped across the open field with Asteria, his mother. Khrysor was a handsome young colt with a brown face, and white body with brown speckles, plus his wings, a brown speckled flurry. Asteria was a beautiful mare, absolutely breathtaking not to mention, with a solid white flank, a black sock upon her back left leg, no wings. Royce, Asteria's mate and Khrysor's father was awaiting them, along with the rest of the herd. Royce was the leader of the Thunder Herd. It was obvious, due to his huge, muscular body and enormous wings. Royce was brown with white specks instead of being white with brown like Khrysor. It was the season of color-leaf, and they were off to find a new territory. The herd was growing, and the land seemed to shrink as that occurred. "Hurry fast young ones!" Athena, the elder of the herd neighed. The others neighed and reared in encouragement. Khrysor and Asteria caught up, and the herd set off to find a new home.

Khrysor tried to find his best friend Rauni among the mass of galloping horses. Suddenly, Rauni’s red orange flank flashed in between Arelus and Akama, Rauni’s parents. “Rauni!” Khrysor bellowed over the rush of horses. “Khrysor?” Rauni asked as a question in return. Rauni’s pelt was an unusual reddish color with lightning streaks of an awkward orange to top it off. Rauni’s parents looked quite different from him. Akama, Rauni’s mother had a shimmering black flank. She was one of the most stunning mares in the herd. Arelus was Rauni’s father. Arelus’ mane was a spiky orange, his flank a ghostly color, a mixture of a pale blue and white. He was quite intimidating.

“Hey Rauni, want to gallop with me?” Khrysor asked, not sure if Rauni could hear over the rampage. But before Khrysor had a chance to call again, Rauni was speeding next to him, asking for a race. In return, Khrysor bolted ahead of Rauni, accepting the challenge. “You know you can’t beat me Khrysor!” Rauni neighed in delight. “We’ve been through this before!!” Rauni added. “What if I do?” Khrysor retorted. “Like that’ll happen!” Rauni laughed. At this point, Khrysor was fuming. “Why don’t we take a look and see then?” Khrysor said as he bolted past Rauni, leaving him in astonishment at Khrysor’s improvement from the last time they raced. Khrysor looked back, hoping he would find Rauni in the dust. But Rauni was right next to him, keeping his pace next to Khrysor. Rauni soon slowed his pace, leaving Khrysor wondering why. But Khrysor knew Royce had probably grasped Rauni’s attention. Khrysor slowed too, in acknowledgement.

“Horses of Thunder Herd!” Royce boomed. “We have not yet reached our destination, but it is time we take a break.” The leader finished.

Rauni nudged Khrysor inviting him to sit down with him to take a rest. “So what do you think our new home will be like Khrysor?” Rauni asked. “I’m not really sure. I hope it’s bigger than our old home at least,” Khrysor returned Rauni’s question. “Yeah, me too,” Rauni replied.

Khrysor hadn’t taken time to study the resting place, up until now. The ground was a soft, muddy texture under his hoofs and the sun was blazing through the entry way, upon the rock walls surrounding the back of the shelter, guaranteeing that no intruders could slip through.

“Thunder Herd, we shall remain here for the night. We will venture out again tomorrow morning,” Royce gave a whinny. Asteria and Akama trotted up to their colts. Asteria bent down, touching noses with Khrysor. Akama eventually did the same with Rauni as a goodnight to them. “Goodnight Khrysor, Goodnight Rauni,” Asteria and Akama whispered into each colt’s ear. Khrysor sighed as the two mares walked away. He was impatient to find out where their new home was, but eventually, he fell into a deep sleep.

Khrysor felt a sharp prod in his side. He grunted and opened his eyes slightly. Rauni was the one prodding his side ever so fiercely. “Ouch Rauni!” Khrysor murmured sleepily. “Get up Khrysor! The herd is about to leave!” Rauni snapped. “Okay okay! Jeez!” Khrysor rose from his position, as stiff as a twig. His flank shuttered and he clopped alongside Rauni. Their pace gained it’s speed, and after awhile, they were again speeding along the dusty path as yesterday. Khrysor was lost in thought most of the way there, wondering what the new territories would look like. He could tell Rauni was thinking too, probably about the same thing as Khrysor was.

After what seemed to be a very long while, Khrysor was exhausted. Lucky for him, the herd was slowing, until they came to a stop. “Thunder Herd, I think we may have found new territories! A place where we can start a new life and leave our old ones aside!” Royce announced. Khrysor took a moment to look around. The place was beautiful! The grass was plentiful and the landscape was like a painted picture. Khrysor felt a warm surge of delight run through his whole body, head to hoof. This was his new home!!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment