Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - In the End (Unfinished)

This is a story that I was writing for language arts class originally, but It was fairly long for the assignment so I decided to show it off here!! ;D

Chapter 3 - In the End (Unfinished)

Chapter 3 - In the End (Unfinished)
Khrysor hadn’t realized that he’d slept until morning until he heard fierce neighing, sounding like a horse challenging a fight. Fights didn’t usually break out in the Thunder Herd unless it was serious business. If Khrysor didn’t know any better, Rauni was challenging Abenaki or something like that. Khrysor decided to take a look and see for himself. Khrysor was astonished to see what was going on. Abenaki and Royce?? Out of all horses and the herd, Abenaki and Royce?!?! Khrysor couldn’t believe it! After a few moments, he put the puzzle pieces together. So there was something wrong! He’d known it all along! Abenaki most likely took advantage of Royce’s kindness to stay with the herd, and strengthened up. Then, to gain power over the herd, Abenaki would fight Royce, and rule over the Thunder Herd! But that couldn’t be possible. Royce was ten times stronger than Abenaki! Or at least he looked. Royce was strong, but not the strongest Khrysor had seen before. Could Abenaki actually beat Royce, the strongest leader that the Thunder Herd has ever known yet? No, probably not, but Royce was getting beat up pretty bad. Khrysor knew very much better to get in the middle of a fight, especially with two older stallions than him, but Khrysor would not stand here and watch his father die right in front of him.

The battle still raged on after several minutes. Khrysor could not take it much longer. Royce was losing, and would not give in. Khrysor knew his father well, and Royce would never give in a battle over the sake of the Thunder Herd. He would fight until he died. Abenaki was biting and hoofing fiercely at Royce with hoofs like steel. Royce was bleeding all over, his right wing with the distinctive white splotch had a tear in it, the wing folding to the side a bit. Royce would not make it, for that he knew, and Abenaki would rule the herd. The Thunder Herd would soon be chaotic with Abenaki in command. A complete Anarchy.

The herd started neighing in distress. They knew that if Royce would not give in, he would not live, and Abenaki would take control.

The battle soon ended, leaving Royce sprawled on the ground, unmoving. He was dead. Royce, Khrysor’s father, leader of the Thunder Herd, dead. The horses were wailing with defeat, loss, and helplessness. But Abenaki neighed in triumph, showing his leadership of the Herd. A sudden thought popped into Khrysor’s mind. “I could take on Abenaki! Royce weakened him, surely he couldn’t be that tough,” But before Khrysor could take any action, Rauni hurled himself at Abenaki. Khrysor stomped at the ground in fury. Rauni always got to take Khrysor’s ideas and put them into action before he could! It wasn’t fair! Khrysor couldn’t live with Rauni being leader! No, it wouldn’t work. Khrysor was meant to be leader.

Khrysor watched Rauni become pummled by Abenaki. Sure, Rauni threw in a few harsh blows on Abenaki to weaken him, but Rauni was too young. Too weak. Just like himself. But surely he was a better leader than Rauni by a million! Right? The leader’s son!! Being a leader was in his blood. He had to wait until Rauni eventually gave up, and take on Abenaki. It was the only way that the Thunder Herd could possibly survive.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment