Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Once bitten, twice shy

8 first chapters are relatively short essays on English proverbs written during English lessons (so don''t expect a high quality from them). The main character is a Baaz with iceblue eyes.

Chapter 1 - Once bitten, twice shy

Chapter 1 - Once bitten, twice shy
English:



Maanantai 14.2.2005, aine:


(chapter 1)

Once bitten, twice shy



Grimize walked down the hill towards a tavern. He was tired of the bad food that he had eaten for the last two months. All he wanted was something good to eat and maybe a soft bed to sleep in now that he had a little money and a night off.



He went in and ordered brown bread, ham, spiced potatoes and ale. He sat down at the only free table in the corner of the tavern.



He looked around the tavern and noticed some other draconians. They had two tables in use, there was about nine or ten of them.



All of them had a higher rank than he did: Kapaks, Bozaks and Sivaks. He himself was only a Baaz.



He decided not to draw their attention because higher ranking draconians sometimes abused the low ranking Baaz’s for the smallest reasons imaginable, even just for fun. He had learned it the hard way.



The waitress brought his food and drink. He paid and started buttering his bread. He noticed one Kapak called Torment, whom he knew well.



Grimize lowered his head hoping that Torment wouldn’t notice him and started eating his food quickly. After eating, Grimize slowed down and continued sipping his ale.



He got lost in his thoughts and didn’t notice the other draconians coming to him before they sat down at the table.



Two hours later Grimize left the tavern unharmed, but scared.




(199 words)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment