Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Rory wants to become a syari warrior.How far will she go and how much will she sacrifice to fufill her life dream?(sry ppl this is the 1st time i've ever written a story so sry if its bad.I'll get better (i hope^-^) there'll b more chap...

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3




Rory opened her eyes a crack, but quickly shut them again. Why does Robin never remember to shut the window? It was freezing. Then she remembered, she wasn't at home, she was outside. She hears some murmuring above her head. “Shush! The lads sleeping!”

“No he's not, I just saw his eye flick open and he-” Rory's eyes snapped open and she sat up quickly. There was a small crowd of only 5 or 6 people gathered around her. “How was your sleep?” Rory winced. She was stiff all over. “Well that's what you get for sleeping on the cold hard ground.”

A pretty brunette with dark brown eyes stepped forward. “What's your name?” Thinking quickly, Rory blurted out the first name that came to mind. “Alex!” The girl raised an eyebrow. “You have a last name?”

“Yes.”

“…Well?”

“Jennings.”

“Well Alex Jennings, I'm Melanie Woods. I'm assuming you're here because of the Syari training, no?” Rory nodded. Melanie led Rory away from the crowd of people and into a crowd of boys waiting. “There you go.” Melanie walked briskly away. Rory looked around, she saw boys, lots of boys. Well what did she expect? Oh, someone was coming…



Recognizing George walking toward her, Rory's heart caught in her throat. George smiled that friendly grin of his. “'ello there, the names George.” Looking shyly up from the ground, Rory murmured in what she hoped was a boyish voice. “Alex.”

“Quite the talker aren't you?” he chuckled. Rory smiled, then her smile slowly faded. George was looking at her in a peculiar way. “Do I know you?” he frowned “I swear I recognize that there face of yours…” he suddenly smiled. “Nah, I must be going nuts. You see for a second, I could of sworn on me mum's grave, that you remind me of a girl I know. Rory Tuthner. Do you know her?”

“I remind you of a girl?” George laughed. “Nay, that's not it…” He looked thoughtful. Rory decided to question further. “What's she like?” George looked up and grinned, “Oh, she's my best friend.” He paused. “Pretty too, thinking on it, green eyes, black hair… Are you sure I don't know you? You have those green eyes…” He smiled. “Sorry mate, once I find something, I Can't rest `til I figure it out. Oh yea, Rory, let's see… she's funny…” George kept talking but Rory didn't hear him.

Her pretty?



A gruff voice interrupted her thoughts, “Boys! Straight line! Heads high!” There was a scramble as all the boys tried to get into a line. The man shook his head with amusement and walked back to a group of 3 or 4 men. Preferring not to be run over by a bunch of boys, Rory picked her way, slowly, to the end of the line. She didn't see George anywhere. All of a sudden Rory was roughly pushed from behind and fell. She wiped the mud off her face and heard a sneering voice. “Well, well, well. The country hick can't keep himself out of the mud.” The boy's followers though few, laughed. Rory felt her temper flare. Who was this? Who pushed people into mud because he thought himself of higher class?



She flew at him, fists flying. With satisfaction, she felt her fists connect with her target. Unfortunately, she was out numbered. The boy's goons dragged her off him. She felt hard blows fall on her all over. “That's enough…for now.” The boy leered at her with a bloodied lip and a bruise forming on his cheek, “My name is Oliver. From now on, you will do whatever I ask, whenever I ask. You-”

“I'd rather eat a worm.” She spat. “I would never and will never take orders from a mere child.” She put extra emphasis on her last words. His eyes narrowed. “A mere- what?”

“Did I stutter?”



Pure hatred came into his eyes. While she was held down, he kicked her again and again. She winced as his blows fell on already forming bruises. “Hurts does it?” he sneered. “Enough.” An unfamiliar voice said the word with disgust. “You take pleasure beating up people held down? You coward.” Oliver cringed and managed to squeak out. “N-no.” The stranger raised and eyebrow. “No?”

“No sir!”

“Get out of my sight.” The stranger watched Oliver run off, then turned and offered a hand to Rory. His warm, honey colored eyes were questioning. “Are you okay?”

“Yes sir!” she responded quickly. The stranger laughed. “No need for that. My names Chance. That's what my friends call me. Others just call me sir as you've seen.” He chuckled.



Just then an old lady came walking around. “Have you by any chance seen a young lady? About this high,” she indicated with her hands, “and thin. Pretty little thing. `er name's Rory? Rory Tuthner? Has a scar on her collarbone shaped like an X.” then she whispered, “Just between you and me, she got that from her dad she did. Abusive guy, finally left the family afore she turned three.”



Chance shook his head. “Sorry ma'am can't say I have.” The lady toddled away to ask some other people. Rory sighed inwardly. She had always wondered where she had gotten the scar. Her mother had refused to tell her, now she knew why. George raced up to her. “Alex, that was my friend! The one she was talking about!” With that he took off again in pursuit of the old lady for more information.



Again, Chance started talking, as if the interruption from the lady hadn't happened. “I'm guessing your names Alex?” He smiled. She nodded. “Well Alex, Oliver is a pigheaded nuisance. He is stronger than you, but I agree with you he can act like a child. Some in his presence can say they feel like eating dirt.” He winked and Rory flushed. “We'll put him in his place. Oh how rude of me-” he hit himself on the head. He indicated to different boys. “That is Paul,” he pointed to a lean and tall boy. “Kris.' Kris was a stocky boy, but a bit taller than Paul. “Briar,” he nodded toward a boy who reminded her of one of Oliver's followers. “ `Case you haven't noticed, Briar's twin is for some reason one of Oliver's worshippers.” Briar grimaced. “Which is no fault of yours. Must `ave gotten all the smarts.” Chance said to Briar. The boy smiled slightly. “Peter,” he looked toward a quiet boy. “And last and most certainly least, Noah.” Noah glared mockingly at Chance. “Just joshing with you mate.” Chance grinned innocently and Rory laughed.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadow_girl_1313 on February 21, 2006, 2:18:18 AM

shadow_girl_1313 on
shadow_girl_1313i meant that last one in a nice way... forgot to warn you ;) I'm really looking forward to the next chapter

shadow_girl_1313 on February 21, 2006, 2:17:35 AM

shadow_girl_1313 on
shadow_girl_1313you already know what i'm going to say... so ... POST IT ALREADY!!

heavensent92 on February 15, 2006, 5:00:34 AM

heavensent92 on
heavensent92Sorry kind of long ^_^"
wasn't quite sure where to stop...
I'll start on the next chapter now....