Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

a spirited girl with black hair and dancing lotus blue eyes.
A girl who was named for the night...

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5


A smile flitted across Nisha's face as she watched Alpesh pounce on a beam of light streaming through her window. Chhaya came into her room and yelped. “M-Miss there is an extremely large rat in your room!”

“Relax Chhaya it's a kitten.”

“A kitten, miss?” The question was doubtful. “That isn't a kitten miss. It's small to be a kitten so it must be a big rat.” Chuckling, Nisha calmed the astonished Chhaya. “I know. His name is Alpesh.”

“Well it suits him miss. He is tiny. What will your mother say?”

“Alpesh is cute. Anything that is cute my mother adores.” She paused. “Well unless of course she thinks it's a rat like you just did. She will be home later won't she?”

“She did say she'd be back home late.” Chhaya watched the kitten for a while. “He is cute.” She had a wistful expression. “Isn't he? Didn't you have a kitten when you were younger?” Shaking her head Chhaya replied “My mum was allergic to cats miss.” Nisha softened “Play with him all you like.”

“Sorry miss, I would love to but the chores won't do them themselves maybe another time.” She started to leave. “Oh! Could you watch Alpesh when I um…” A smile tugged at the corners of Chhaya's mouth. “When you go out. Of course miss.” Seconds later she left. Just in time too, for Nisha's mother came in just a few minutes later. “EEEEE! A rat!” Sighing, Nisha shook her head. Not this again. “Maji it's a kitten. It was sitting on our doorstep and I heard it crying this afternoon so I went out and got it.” Such a lie. So far Alpesh had never even uttered a noise. “What about disease darling. That kitten could carry disease.”

“It doesn't. It looks perfectly healthy to you doesn't it? And anyway I have named him Alpesh. May I keep him Maji, please?” Her mother was giving in. “Well…” At that moment Alpesh decided to come over and rub against her legs purring. “Oh he is a sweetheart. Yes, yes you may keep him.” With a flourish she swept out of the room. Hugging the kitten to her chest Nisha sat on her bed, thinking about Ashok. Little did she know, Ashok was doing the same at that very instance.





:*:*:*:*:*:



That girl, Nisha with those beautiful azure eyes. Like the blue lotus. When he startled her she spun around alarmed. What had caused her to be on the alert like that? A girl like that couldn't have anyone after her, could she? Then the way her face softened when she saw the kitten. And when she first had Burfi. Her dancing eyes filled his mind. Her golden skin and her long wavy black hair….



:*:*:*:*:*:



Watching Alpesh munch his dinner, a glowing smile spread across Nisha's face. He was cute. Upon finishing his meal, he crawled over to her a dropped into her lap. Absently she started petting him and he started purring, his blue eyes closed in contentment. A red collar encircled his small neck. On it was a tiny bell so Nisha would know where he was. Looking down, she realized he had fallen asleep. Depositing him softly on the bed as to not wake him she slipped out her window.



Sneaking up the road she walked till she came to a clearing she knew well. She hadn't been there in quite a while. A sound behind her caused her to whirl around. There was a rustling in the bushes and whatever it was emerged. Alpesh! Quickly she ran over to him. “Alpesh you naughty kitty.” She cooed to him. Yet another noise behind her caused her to turn and what she saw chilled her blood.



Sinking lower into the underbrush Nisha saw a man but it wasn't a man. With unseeing eyes, ravaged, contorted hands and hair that was too much to be on an ordinary person the thing sniffed the air with its nose. “Nishaaa. Where areeee you.” It hissed “We are looking for you my dearr. We want you. And what we want we almossst alwaysssss get. Sssee, we need your help. Ssomething that we need from you. You have been having dreamsss my preciouss. Come out, come out.” With a final snuffle the thing left the clearing. She shivered and held Alpesh close, thinking how close she came to having an encounter with the creature. Silently she sat there stunned. The night sky stars glittered. “Thank you.” She murmured into the soft white fur. “Thank you.” As if in reply the kitten turned and licked her face. That brought Nisha slightly out of shock to think relatively clearly. Stumbling, she stood up and headed home, Alpesh clasped in her hands.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment