Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

a spirited girl with black hair and dancing lotus blue eyes.
A girl who was named for the night...

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6




In the market Nisha glanced anxiously around. In the back of her mind she kept seeing the creature's face and hearing its voice echo through her head. She shivered and shook it from her mind. A touch to her arm caused her to jump. Ashok smiled at her and held up his hands. “No thief or pickpocket. Just me.” She smiled at him her tense muscles relaxing. All of a sudden restlessness filled her mind as she felt someone watching her. She turned around to find a shadow disappearing into a tent. Telling herself that it was nothing but her overactive imagination she kept walking with Ashok. Soon she felt completely at ease and forgot all about the strange shadow.



Without warning, she was dragged into a small alley. With eyes large with fright she looked up at Ashok, whose face was clouded with unease. “Someone's following us” he murmured against her neck. She shivered. A shadow filled the entrance off the alley. “We're looking for you dear. We have been and you will come with us this time” The sinister being slithered closer. Ashok's brow furrowed as he saw Nisha's panic-stricken expression. “You are taking her no where.”

“You are in no position to deny usss sweet. She comesss with me.”

“I advise you to come no closer.”

“What use iss she ssweet? You don't need her. Hand her over to uss.” The voice was sing-song as the being edged closer. There was a soft noise behind the being and it paused and looked over it `shoulder' if you could call it a shoulder. Presented with opportunity Ashok grabbed Nisha's hand and sprinted past the being into the open market yet again.



Yet, their troubles weren't over so easily. The large burly man from before grabbed her other wrist. “Wait just a moment.” He leered at her. With a pang of disappointment she saw his eyes were fine. Not that she thought the dirt would have done anything. “Let-go-of-me.” She muttered between gritted teeth. “ Ah, ah, ah, don't you have an apology for me little miss?” He tightened the grip on her arm. “Still not letting go.” She reminded him. “Apology?”

“Never.”

“Then face the consequences.” He pulled her to him. Struggling, she found she couldn't break free. “You're a pretty lass. Too pretty hmm?” All of a sudden she found herself on the ground. “She -said- let go.” Ashok, eyes blazing, glared at the man. The man was staggering from the blow. With a swift kick the man lay slumped on the ground. “Come on.” She didn't move, shocked. He picked her up in his arms, and headed toward the end of the market.



“Thank you.” Nisha lowered her eyes and turned to go. A hand grabbed her wrist. “Not leaving just yet.” Sighing, she turned. “I suppose you want me to explain.”

“It would help, seeing as two-” he paused looking for the word, “-things, just came after you.”

“It's a long story.”

“I have time.” He sat own in the shade of a tree and stretched out his legs. Nisha found herself pouring out her story. She found Ashok indignant when he heard about how the man had come after her before. “That..that…” He was too angry to form words, “came after you before?! You shouldn't walk home by yourself.”

“I'll be fine.” This is exactly what Nisha didn't want to happen.

“No, you won't. I'm bringing you home. Whether I have to carry you the whole way.”

Remembering his strong arms from earlier, Nisha flushed. “No.”

“Yes.”

She grinned “Sorry to do this…but-” she darted away. She heard him chasing her. Then all of a sudden is was quiet. Was he gone? With a roar, he plunged out of the underbrush and scooped her up into his arms. “See? You need me?” He smiled sweetly.



At dusk, you would see him walking down the road toward her house. She was still in his arms, asleep. Kissing the top of her head, he was worried. What were these beings going to try next? Her eyelids fluttered open and she recognized where they were. “Could you put me down here?”

“What you don't like me carrying you?”

She smiled. “I love you carrying me, but my mother would have a fit seeing you carrying me home. She'd probably think I hurt myself.”

“Awww, so I have to put you down?”

“Yes”

With a sigh, he set her down. “Fine.”

“Thank you again.” She started toward her house. Abruptly, she found herself spun around and in a warm embrace. “Not a problem.”

“Ashok…I have to go home.”

“I know, but can I meet you tomorrow?”

“Hmmm….”Nisha saw his face and then tilted her head back and laughed. “Of course.” Ashok seized his chance. Her laugh cut short, she found his lips against hers. At first she was surprised and didn't react, and then she relaxed and kissed him back deeply. Mischievously, she pulled away. “Have to get home.” He chuckled. “ Tease.” She smiled and blew a kiss. Then she hurried toward her house.



Her mother opened the door. “Nisha, darling. Tomorrow you have to go to a party with me.” That was when she was going to see Ashok. “Ah- Maji?”

Pointed glance at the maji. “Yes darling?”

“Must I go?”

“Yes darling you must.” Her mother looked excited. “Oh! I can't stand it! Darling I have decided on a suitable husband!”

Nisha felt as though her world was tumbling down around her. “No!”

“Nisha?” Her mother was startled. “Are you okay sweetheart?” Nisha's eyes pooled with tears, she ran upstairs and hurled herself on her bed.




Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

heavensent92 on March 29, 2006, 4:48:07 AM

heavensent92 on
heavensent92whoopss
sorry it's

xxnever-knewxx
^_^

heavensent92 on March 2, 2006, 6:54:13 PM

heavensent92 on
heavensent92Again sorry I've been busy with school stuff ^_^;

I'll write more as soon as I can

shadow_girl_1313 on March 1, 2006, 6:01:23 AM

shadow_girl_1313 on
shadow_girl_1313 i totally love it and i want more... on all of your stories!!

kittymobile on February 19, 2006, 8:50:39 PM

kittymobile on
kittymobileyay! you wrote more! i looooove this story write more, pweeze? it encourages me to write mre of my own =)