Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - The mental health of the elderly

The mental health of the elderly has an inevitable connection with physiological factors, surrounding environment and life factors. Faced with an increasingly ageing body and the increase in leisure time after retirement, many elderly people feel empty and do not know how to live. 

Chapter 0 - The mental health of the elderly

Chapter 0 - The mental health of the elderly
The mental health of the elderly has an inevitable connection with physiological factors, surrounding environment and life factors. Faced with an increasingly ageing body and the increase in leisure time after retirement, many elderly people feel empty and do not know how to live. Over time, psychological problems will develop. What can be done to make the elderly mentally healthy? To maintain the mental health of the elderly, we must first understand the mental characteristics and influencing factors of the elderly.
The factors that affect the mental health of the elderly

After a person is 60 years old, physical strength and memory will gradually decline, which will cause a series of physical and psychological degenerative changes. The function of various organs of the elderly is reduced, movement is slowed, reaction ability is reduced, immunity is weak, and self-care ability is reduced. Chronic diseases will bring great pain and pressure to their mind and body. If they are sick, the first thing they think of that is, life is about to end, there is no cure, so it is easy to be sad and depressed, and the illness is getting worse. These will affect the mental state of the elderly. Insomnia in the elderly can easily cause fatigue, weakness, upset, irritability, headaches, dreams, and memory loss, leading to the occurrence of some psychosomatic diseases.

How can the elderly maintain their mental health?

First of all, the relatives of the elderly should actively promote the traditional virtues of "respecting, caring, loving and helping the elderly". The care of relatives is the spiritual pillar of the elderly. A good family relationship can promote the mental health of the elderly.         elderly mental health care homes      Family members should care about the elderly, respect the wishes of the elderly, create a harmonious family atmosphere, and make the elderly feel the value of existence.

Secondly, the elderly themselves should be objectively aware that time does not forgive others, treat their body changes correctly, have regular physical examinations, and treat diseases as soon as possible, do not take chances, realise that birth, ageing, sickness and death are the laws of nature, and take it seriously. The elderly should properly solve problems in life, family, health, illness, spare-time life and social adaptation. In actual life, they must be able to understand their own psychological changes, be happy to accept all changes that occur, and maintain an optimistic attitude.

Third, In addition to getting help from the outside, the elderly must also learn to overcome negative emotions and improve their social and psychological conditions. Read books, read newspapers, actively participate in various scientific and healthy cultural activities and other social activities, improve the cultural literacy of the elderly themselves, increase their knowledge, broaden their horizons, "the old have something to do, they can learn, and they have fun.  It can promote good mental construction, delay ageing, and maintain good health. Including physical exercises like skipping and mental exercises such as chess and card games, it can not only enhance physical fitness but also delay the decline of brain function.

Conclusion 

There available so many Elderly mental health care homes in UK, there you can learn to arrange regular life, work and rest time, hobbies and exercise selectively according to your own interests and physical condition 



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment