Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1. Run away

This is another story I just made up. It isn't finished either but enjoy...

Chapter 1 - 1. Run away

Chapter 1 - 1. Run away
“Kate for the last time GET UP!” my mom yelled smacking me lightly with a pillow. “Mmmmm” I mumbled taking my head out from under the nestle of blankets.
“Now get in the shower before Danny or Lyn does”. She placed the pillow down and proceeded out the door, content that I was getting up. I raised my body, and ran my hand, with a quick toss, through my hair to sway it back. Why do I have to have siblings? I must have thought that every morning of my life. They both were much younger than me, I myself 16, had Danny who was 8 and Lyn who was 7. Just then I heard the pounding of little footsteps and then the slam of a door. I stiffened, threw off my covers and jumped out of my bed speeding to the bathroom door.
”Danny you get out of there right now!” I screamed. For a minute there was silence, then I heard the tinkling of the water from the shower. I again pounded on the door, my fist turning red. “You little!” I ran my hands threw my hair. “Mmooomm.” I ran downstairs to the kitchen filled with anger and rage. “Mom I swear if you don’t get him out of the shower, you’re not going to have a son any longer”.
“Now Kate who was the one who wouldn’t get up when I told her to this morning?” I felt that I was about to go insane; she was always taking his side.
“Mom! He’s doing this on purpose!” My voice rose at a steady pace as Lyn drowsily entered the kitchen wiping her eyes.
“ Danny got in the shower before you again huh?” She smirked bringing her arm down to her side.
“Shut up Lyn!” I swear you and him are out to get me!”
“Kate don’t say shut up to your sister” My Mom scolded. “She already learned enough of your bad habits.”
“What! Those little demons make their own bad habits.” “ I couldn’t influence them if I tried.” I scoured at Lyn while she poured a bowl of cereal. Just then the shower turned off, and footsteps from Danny thumped around upstairs. Suddenly it became quiet besides the crunch of Lyn eating her cereal, oblivious to the sounds upstairs.
“What’s that boy doing up there?” my mom questioned out loud. Lyn casually stirred the spoon in her cereal watching the cornflakes disappear.
“Probably stealing Kate’s things and holding them for ransom, she took a sip, “At least that’s what he said he was gonna do last night”. My eyes widened and I flung myself to the staircase running, almost tripping, as I went. I entered the hall grasping the ledge of my door. My heart still trying to catch up to me, and my breathing heavy and deep.
I narrowed my eyes and gasped “YOU!”. He jumped automatically and his eyes widened with terror. He dropped the scissors, which he had used for cutting my t-shirt hanging lifelessly in his hand. “I’m gonna kill you” I bounded forward, my intentions to kill him were clear as my teeth were clenched.
“Mmmooomm” he screamed out of fear jumping onto the bed to dodge my grasp. He wanted to get me upset, well now I’m upset. I reached for him again touching his ankle but he slipped through my hand. He jumped off the bed sailing for the door. I finally caught a hold of his ankle, we both crashed to the floor onto our stomachs not noticing mom standing at the door.
“A-humm” We both looked up at my mom, I still had a hold of his ankle and he still clenched my cut up t-shirt.
“Mom she’s trying to kill me” Danny screamed playing innocent as if he did nothing.
That little…. I peered at him.
“Kate release your brother”. I looked down at where my hand still clenched his ankle.
“Don’t think he’s the innocent one here, look what he did to my t-shoot”.
Without even looking she again demanded “Kate release your brother now!”. My hand loosened and he pulled his leg out from my grip.
“Ouch my ankle, my ankle ” he said sitting on my bed holding his ankle and wimpering like a puppy.
I raised myself so I sat upon my knees “oh give me a break, I didn’t even hold his ankle that ti…” my moms eyes were fixed upon me.
“Kate what were you thinking you could have seriously hurt him” she knelt down beside him and rubbed his ankle. “Kate go get an ice pack for your brother”. I couldn’t believe it she was taking his side.
“But mom he cut up my…” again I was interrupted.
“KATE NOW”! I slid past both of them. Out of his fake distroit face he managed to give a quick smirk at me. I wanted to really hurt him. I thought it amazing for her not to see past his acting, I mean anyone could see he had it in for me. When I entered the kitchen Lyn was done eating, unfortunately there wasn’t another thing to preoccupy her mouth.
“Ha ha” she laughed, “you got in trouble”.
“Shut your face Ly…” I glanced over at the coat near the door. So many thoughts ran through my mind, why am I sticking around here if I can just leave, why should I have to put up with this any longer. Imagine never seeing them again. I walked over and proceeded to put on the coat.
“Aaaa… Kate?” she said with a puzzled face, “are you going to school in your pajamas?”. I had forgotten she was still there and I was still in my pajamas. That little sneak would tell mom if I didn’t give her some excuse.
“Ummmm yeah I am, it’s… PAJAMA day at school”.
“Oh” she said, disbelief on her face.
“Here” I handed her five dollars from my pocket. Both of us knew it was a silent agreement that she wouldn’t tell. She took it hesitantly her face was no longer smiling but worried. I opened the door and was about to walk out the when I heard her say something.
“Kate I’m sorry about the T-shirt” she looked down at the floor. It didn’t seem like an act, she seemed sorry but I snapped out of it and concentrated my thoughts on leaving
“Well gotta go” I walked out the door and closed it slowly. Her sad face disappearing in the narrowing crack, and the door shut.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment