Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - 3. An uncomfortable situation

This is another story I just made up. It isn't finished either but enjoy...

Chapter 3 - 3. An uncomfortable situation

Chapter 3 - 3. An uncomfortable situation
When I awoke I found myself near a fire under a couple of blankets. My hair had completely dried and I no longer had the nausea feeling. I lifted myself up pushing my hair out of my face.
“Your up “, Startled I looked around to see where the voice came from. I spotted a guy sitting over on a rock near a pile of wood. He wasn’t the one who carried me, or the other I had seen before. He had blonde hair that was tinted orange, spiked to the side. He was also muscular like the others I seen before which arose the question, Where am I. He casually walked over and sat next to me. “Hey my names Uaine, and you are”. I could tell he was a character, talking as if he ruled the world.
“Kate” I said looking up at him.
“Kate that’s an odd name”, A confused look came upon my face, like Uaine isn’t. He saw the look on my face and quickly tried to save himself, “Well I mean it’s pretty though”. I looked around there was no one else but him and me unfortunately.
“Where am I”, I asked.
“You’re at our campsite, we brought you here after I saved you” he straightened himself a little.
“You mean after Barron saved her”. I turned around; there one of the girls I had seen before stood, holding a bowl. She had about the same color hair as him and wore it up in a high messy bun with a few braids hanging down the back of her neck.
“I thought you went with the others, Valda” he said a little surprised.
She smirked, “and leave you alone with her”, “The only way I’d do that is if I had half a brain like you”. I could tell they had known each other awhile the way they fought.
“Well if you even had that much of a brain you’d still never be close to my intelligence”.
“Say that again and lets see what happens” she held the bowl as if she was about to throw it.
I felt I should run but just then I heard someone’s voice “Quit it you guys…NOW!”. The other girl I had seen before came running up accompanied by the other two guys who were taking their time. “Why do you two always have to fight!” she took the bowl from Valda and placed it down.
“He’s so irritating” Valda stomped her foot as she turned and walked away.
Uaine got up and exclaimed “Like your not” and walked away in the opposite direction. They both were walking in the opposite directions mumbling stuff as they went. I just sat there dumbstruck, with no idea where I was still.
“Hey your up, how do ya feel?” I turned to look at the girl. She had brown hair about chest length and one braid hanging solitarily. She carried a weapon, some kind of knife but now that I thought about it so did the others.
“Better thanks” I responded giving a small smile..
She put her hand out in front of me, “My names Slone”.
I put my hand into hers to shake it, “Mines Kate”. She pulled me up and led me over to the two guys who were shuffling through some things.
“Slone, Barron” they both put off what they were doing and looked attentively. “This is Kate” she smiled. They both were tall but Thane towered over everyone. He had long black hair that hung a little past his shoulders with a sword tucked into his left side.
“Hi” I gave an uneasy smile, my eyes glancing between them. He smirked and went back to what he was doing. He didn’t seem to be to friendly or maybe it was because he didn’t know me.
Barron put his hand out to shake mine “Hi” he smiled then also retreated back to what he was doing before.
“Hey you hungry” Slone gestured back over to the fire. We walked over to the fire and she slopped onto a plate what I thought was some burnt rice, but didn’t ask.
“ Ummm…Slone where am I, I mean what city or state” I gazed to the side, “I mean I’m not entirely sure how far I floated down the river but…”. She looked at me, her face almost as confused as mine.
“Where are you from and…what happened down at the river?”. She looked at me intensely concerned I set my plate down.
“I’m from Millington and …”. I paused, actually I had no idea how I got here, or at least any explanation that made sense to me. Where was I and how was I going to get back? “…and I forgot how I got here, must have bumped my head too hard” I smirked. It was a lie. I knew that but I wasn’t about to explain what happened, to me it sounded like a hallucination, a bad hallucination. Just then she whipped out the knife she had tucked in her side and raised it to my throat. I gasped, my breathing slowed as my heart raced. I could feel the cold metal up against my skin, it moved along with my breathing.
”Who are you really” she screamed at me. Barron and Thane stopped what they were doing and looked over shocked. What am I supposed to say? I was scared out of my wits for I had no idea what to say. I think out of shock I started screaming.
”I told you my names Kate Lyn, I live in Millington but I ran away this morning”, “Something grabbed me when I fell into the river, I have no idea what, and the next thing I know I end up here with you guys who carry around weapons and hold them up to people’s necks, with absolutely no idea where I am, so what the hell do you want me to say”! My eyes streamed with tears, I could feel the knife drop off my throat. Her face in shock she sat back just staring at me. Thane and Barron ran over.
“What the hell do you think your doing Slone” Barron yelled, Thane and him staring at her waiting for an answer.
“I thought…I thought she was somebody else”. She got up grabbing her knife and walked off into the woods.
“Are you alright” Thane asked looking down at me.
“Aaa…yeah” I woke up from my shock. Thane walked back over to where he was before and started rumbling through the junk again.
“Don’t worry he’s always like that” I looked back over at Barron who smiled.
“Oh” I said casually thankful he had said something.
“Still hungry”? He slopped two piles of the food onto two plates and sat next to me. I just ate the food, guess it tasted ok. Every now and then I glanced over at him. He seemed to be use to the food the way he ate it. I watched as the sky turned darkening blue the stars above our heads. The glow of the fire cast shadows on our faces and for now it was peaceful. There was no need to ask any questions for now just sit there by the flames, by him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment