Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Harvest Moon: Growing Generations Plot

A heart-warming story about lessons in family, friends, love, and of course...farming.

QueenofRed and Jbelle, you may change the story in and way, shape or form, I really don't mind at all. :D Thanks for inspiring me to write this long of a story!

Chapter 1 - Harvest Moon: Growing Generations Plot

Chapter 1 - Harvest Moon: Growing Generations Plot
A heart-warming story about lessons in family, friends, love, and of course...farming.

We begin our story in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, where our protagonist Jack inherits a farm when his father dies and leaves in his will that he is to inherit the farm and help it grow. He warns that, if he doesn't, the land he loved most would die...

The story continues on generation by generation when the main characters grow the farm, get married, and have children. The children, however, keep the plot moving by moving to other towns, like Mineral Town, continuing our story there in the next game, Harvest Moon: More Friends from Mineral Town. (The main character would be a girl in this part of the story).

Jill faces many challenges being the new girl and learning how to grow a farm on new and foreign land, yet trying her best to survive life. As every Harvest Moon story goes, there are festivals to attend, she makes the farm successful, gets married, and has loving children, further growing the story.

Jill had two children, John and Jane, and only one of them could stay and take care of the farm in Mineral Town(for convenience reasons), so John moves to Flower Bud Village for a Farmer Deal he heard about when deciding where to move (Harvest Moon: Magical Melody). There he finds out why his great grandfather warned them of a calamity if they didn't grow and flourish farms: The Harvest Goddess was dying.

People had found out new ways to grow things without hard work and constantly chopped down whole forests to build houses and factories, leaving nature no match for some of the heartless people in mankind. This absolutely crushed the Harvest Goddess, leaving her weaker and weaker every day...But thanks to Jack's generation of farms, he still left a glitter of hope left in the Harvest Goddess, leaving her alive and able to keep the nature in the land running.

John later learns about the musical notes he has to collect, an ancient tradition among farmers that was later forgotten by almost all. John struggled to collect all 100 of those notes, and eventually returns all of them to the Harvest Goddess. She thanked him, very touched about his efforts and heart, but she left him with one final request.

She left him with a quest that he would never, ever, forget.

John spent the rest of his days telling everyone about the notes, how back then farmers dedicated all their lives to collecting each one to live a happy life and return them to the Harvest Goddess so she could survive and keep nature running at its best. Because of this message, that tradition eventually came back to mankind. It spread throughout the land, through all of the towns, into the city, and around the world.

People started collecting those notes again, one by one, and remembered the simplicity of life. Suddenly, everyone became happy. The whole world saw their world in a different way, and there was peace. At the beginning of Spring, everyone would travel all around the world and deposit their collected notes into the Harvest Goddess spring in Flower Bud Village, and would be granted happiness and a wonderful life. Because that was what life was about.

Jack's farming generation grew on and on and on, just like their farm, along with many, many other people's. And that's the way Jack's father would have wanted it.

QueenofRed and Jbelle, you may change the story in and way, shape or form, I really don't mind at all. :D Thanks for inspiring me to write this long of a story!

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

QueenofRed on October 22, 2007, 11:37:00 PM

QueenofRed on
QueenofRedokay wait, (sorry) I'm confused actually what are we doing? are me and Jbelle going to re-do the story and when we all have our versions up here we're going to sort of morph them together?

kaikaru on October 23, 2007, 12:16:21 PM

kaikaru on
kaikaruHAHAHAHAHAHA WEEEEELLLLL.....

I'm not quite sure myself.

I guess you can say all of us are writing our own versions of the story. I dunno...I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I said you guys can re-do it anymore! xD Just do whatever you want with it. Make it up~ X3 Have fun with it~ Write stories of Jack, Jill, and John or Jane.

QueenofRed on October 24, 2007, 12:01:40 AM

QueenofRed on
QueenofRedokay, I'll just sort of write a story I have some ideas! and Ive written stories before, I vow to make this into a movie with permission from Natsume! -.- eventually.

Jbelle on October 21, 2007, 10:46:57 AM

Jbelle on
Jbellewow!thats an awsome story!^^pretty long but good!^^faves!^^

i'll try and re-do it but it might take a while!X3

kaikaru on October 22, 2007, 9:42:24 AM

kaikaru on
kaikaruOkays! Thanks for the comments! ^^

QueenofRed on October 22, 2007, 12:38:40 AM

QueenofRed on
QueenofRedgreat! I love the story it just needs more details oh and I would just change Jhon to jill. XD

kaikaru on October 22, 2007, 9:42:00 AM

kaikaru on
kaikaruYeah, I was just giving the basic outline of it, though. ^^

Do you mean John to Jane? Sure! =D