Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Of Horses and Horsemen

A poem I wrote for English class. It had to be about perspectives, so yeah.

Chapter 1 - Of Horses and Horsemen

Chapter 1 - Of Horses and Horsemen
Of Horses and HorsemenWhenever I attend a horse show,Whether 4-H, local or national,I see the same thing everywhere I go,Some people are so irrational!They argue over which is best,Which is easier to ride,English or the style from the West.All I know is that I never side.Which is considered pleasant to the eye,Tall and leggy or stout and strong?I’m not sure which kind I’d buy.What if I were to chose wrong?Which matters more,Disposition or pedigree?A horse with spirit to soar,Or a horse who moves gracefully?The jog is just a contracted trot,And a martingale is still a tie down.All leather will eventually rot,And a chestnut is still a brown.A girth is the same as a cinch,The canter is a lope.Now I’m really in a pinch,How does anyone ever cope?Most English riders do declareThat a horn is a pain in the gut.The old cowboys they don’t really careThat posting is hard on the butt.Helmet or wide-brimmed hat?Breeches or chaps?Crops or lariats?An over-and-under perhaps?Cowboys with buckles and spurs,Chasing cans and cows.Or the equestrian whose mount has never seen burrs,But he can perform very low bows?Do others think like me?Do they see the same as I?Is it not easier to see,Horse and rider in perfect harmony?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

HorseSpirit on March 20, 2006, 7:54:38 AM

HorseSpirit on
HorseSpiritWow. That was really good! and so true. *favs*

wild_spirit on September 24, 2005, 1:29:58 AM

wild_spirit on
wild_spiritThat's really good, and it's true! -favs-