Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

Braveheart's story

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

Chapter 2 - Chapter two
Braveheart stalked silently through the woods, his paw steps light and careful. He paused and opened his mouth to drink in the scents of the forest. He immediately crouched down and stalked forward, poking his head through a nearby bush he saw another cat. It was not of Thunder Clan, but he didn’t recognize the scent. He assumed it was a rouge. He yowled and leapt forward, taking the cat by surprise. Braveheart pinned the weaker cat to the ground, letting loose a threatening growl. “Who are you and why are you trespassing on Thunder Clan territory?” He snarled, the other cat said nothing. “Speak! Or I shall kill you now.” He threatened. “My name is Redclaw, I am the deputy of Fire Clan! I come into Thunder Clan territory seeking a cat of my clan.” the orange furred cat replied. “ I have not smelled your scent before, so I have not picked up the trail of your missing cat, nor have I heard news of a Fire Clan cat in our territory. What makes you so sure you will find your cat in Thunder Clan territory?” Braveheart replied as he let the other cat up. “I am searching for a cat that was once of my clan, after his parents murder we could not find him anywhere.” Redclaw replied, more sure of himself now that he wasn’t pinned down by a big warrior cat. “ He was called Bravekit, he looked almost exactly like you.” Redclaw continued. “My name is Braveheart, but when I was a kit I was Bravekit. Why did you seek me out?” Braveheart asked suspiciously, his tail flicking a little. “Braveheart? I’ve been searching for you for a long time! We were afraid you were captured by twolegs, why didn’t you come back to Fire Clan?” Redclaw mewed. “ I am now a Thunder Clan cat, I wish not to return to Fire Clan, for my clan needs me here.” Braveheart replied. Redclaw just nodded, turning to leave he glanced back and said, “When the time comes to return to Fire Clan, you will be ready.” he meowed before disappearing into the woods. Braveheart shook off the eerie feeling and continued his hunt. He caught two mice and a squirrel before he returned. He dropped his catch in the pile of fresh kill, and stalked off to find Rainfur, his friend. “ What’s wrong, Braveheart?” mewed Rainfur, sensing her friends worries, “nothing, just nothing.” he replied as he sat down with some fresh kill. “Seems like a really bad nothing to me.” she purred sarcastically. Braveheart just smiled and finished his meal. After that Firestar, the clan leader, called a meeting. “May all cats old enough to catch their own prey join me beneath the Highrocks for a clan meeting.” he yowled. Cats came from everywhere and gathered beneath the Highrocks and listened as Firestar spoke. “As some of you may know, rouges were spotted in the forest earlier today, they attacked Badgerpaw and killed his mentor, Eagleclaw. Tomorrow I will appoint Badgerpaw a new mentor, but for now, I think it is best to have the funeral.” he stated. Braveheart blinked, rouges? He hadn’t seen or smelt any while he was hunting. He glanced over to Badgerpaw, a young apprentice with badger like marking and fur coloring. He was mourning the loss of his mentor. Braveheart trotted over to him. “I know its hard to lose your mentor, but he now hunts with Star Clan.” Braveheart mewed, which startled the young apprentice. The young kit sniffed and nodded, looking up at Braveheart with admiration. It was no secret that Braveheart was Badgerpaw’s idol, the young cat looked up to Braveheart and thought of him as a hero. Braveheart smiled a little and walked away to join a patrol.(a/n sorry I took so long updating it, I had to make sure I was happy with this chapter, I hope you guys enjoyed it)

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NilraTheHedgehog on January 23, 2006, 10:05:05 AM

NilraTheHedgehog on
NilraTheHedgehogFire clan huh? Kewl, this is getting even more interesting!!!

Aspen on January 22, 2006, 8:58:39 PM

Aspen on
AspenVunderbar! this is great!
Hmmmm... Mysterious rogues. The plot thickens! Poor Redclaw, he came all that way to find Braveheart...