Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter three

Braveheart's story

Chapter 3 - Chapter three

Chapter 3 - Chapter three
He ran as fast as he could, he had to hide! And fast! His mom and dad were holding the other cats off long enough for the young kit to find a safe hiding place. He skidded to a stop and stared with horror as the Fire Clan leader, Blackstar, stepped out onto the path. Blackstar unsheathed his claws and slashed the kit across the face. A searing pain flashed through him as blood dripped into his eye. He blindly darted into the foliage and ran until he came to a clearing, where he saw a small cave. Thinking quickly, he darted into the cave and hid. Moments later he heard a familiar voice. “Bravekit? Are you in there?” “Momma?” he squeaked out weakly. “Yes, my son, are you alright?” She asked. “Yes, where’s Papa?” he asked. “I’m here.” his father replied. Moments later he heard fierce yowling. There was yelling, but his heart was pounding in his ears, and he was to frightened to hear. He heard screeches and yowls and he saw the bodies of his parents drop to the floor, numerous fatal wounds that had ended their lives. He began to weep pitifully. “ No, no, no.” he whimpered. “Braveheart! Wake up!” a voice mewed. Braveheart opened his eyes and sat up quickly. “Braveheart, are you okay? I heard you whimpering no repeatedly in your sleep.” Rainfur asked worriedly. “I’m fine, just a dream.” he stated as he shook moss from his fur and exited the warriors den and headed towards the gorse tunnel. “ And just where do you think your going?” Firestar asked as he approached Braveheart. “Hunting.” Braveheart replied. “Okay, take Badgerpaw with you, would you?” Firestar asked. “Sure, okay.” Braveheart replied. Firestar smiled and called Badgerpaw over. “Yes Firestar?” the apprentice asked with a bow of his head. “How would you like to go hunting with Braveheart?” he asked. “Yes! I mean, sure, why not?” Badgerpaw replied. Braveheart smiled, “Come on then, we aren’t going to get any hunting done just standing here gossiping are we?” he asked. “No sir, lets go!” Badgerpaw said as he headed out the gorse tunnel. Braveheart smiled with an amused purr as he followed the young apprentice out the tunnel. “Hey Badgerpaw, slow down, you’ll scare the prey away.” Braveheart warned as the young apprentice ran chasing after leaves. He stopped quickly. “Sorry sir.” he said with embarrassment. Braveheart smiled. “It’s okay, now, do you smell any prey scent?” He asked. The young apprentice tested the air. “Yeah, I smell a mouse!” He reported. “Very good, now pay attention and watch my movements, okay?” Braveheart replied. “Yes sir!” Badgerpaw exclaimed as he immediately quieted down and watched the older cat drop into a hunting crouch. Braveheart stalked quietly as he approached the mouse, he watched it carefully and moved out of its line of vision. He waited. Then, he stalked out of his hiding place and slipped up to the back of the mouse and pounced, catching it and killing it quickly. “Wow! That was neat!.” Badgerpaw exclaimed. “Thank you, Badgerpaw.” Braveheart replied as he buried his prey until they would head back to the camp. They hunted some more and then began to return to camp. Braveheart suddenly stopped and sniffed the air. “Braveheart, what’s wrong?” Badgerpaw asked. “Rouges.” he growled, unsheathing his claws as rouge cats suddenly materialized out of the shadows. Badgerpaw gave a squeak of fear and hid by Braveheart’s paws. “Well, well, well, what have we here? A warrior and an apprentice? We shall easily kill you both.” one of them sneered. Braveheart gave a yowl and leapt at the one who had spoken. The other rouges ganged up on Braveheart. Badgerpaw ran quickly towards camp to get reinforcements. As he entered the camp, cats surrounded him asking him what happened and where was Braveheart. “Braveheart……rouges….ambush…..to many…help!” He squeaked out while trying to catch his breath. “Where?” demanded Firestar. “In forest….not to far….follow me!” he replied as he darted off. Firestar grabbed some warriors and quickly followed Badgerpaw to the battle. Braveheart was fighting as best as he could. He had lost sight of Badgerpaw during the battle and was fighting the rouges fiercely. They had all ganged up on him and he was holding his ground as best as he could. He heard more yowls as Thunder Clan warriors joined in the fight. As soon as the rouges ran off, Braveheart began to feel weak from loss of blood. He staggered a little and collapsed, as darkness enveloped him.    (will Braveheart live? Who is behind the rouge attacks? Who will Badgerpaw’s new mentor be? Find out in the next chapter of The Braveheart Chronicles! cliffhanger!)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Aspen on January 23, 2006, 9:05:08 PM

Aspen on
Aspenof course he's gonna live! Otherwise the story couldn't go on!
It's not called the "Braveheart Chronicles" for nothing, right?
Anyway, excellent writing. I have only a few crits, but I won't bore you with them because their teensy little things.