Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Friend or Foe

i dont really know how to describe it... just check it out please

Chapter 1 - Friend or Foe

Chapter 1 - Friend or Foe
She could tell everyone was watching her. She had no idea what had just happened, all she knew was he was dead. She looked at her hands and saw blood all over them. She looked at his body, then back at her hands. She couldn't believe was she was seeing. "Karen, what have your done," A small girl said with tears in her eyes. Karen looked around at everyone finally understanding what had happened. She had killed the king. She fell to her knees and kissed the king's cold hand. "Why did you do such a thing Karen, you were one of the most trusted. You were one of his favorite people in our village," A tall women said. "His power was too great. He had been planning to kill us all," A male said walking from the crowd. Karen looked up at him, "The king was a good man. He wanted to protect us all!" She stood up and tried punching the man but he dodged it. "Coming from the young girl who killed him. If that isn't the reason why you killed him, then what is?"
"I- he- I mean- I dont know," Her voice was low. "How old are you Karen," The males voice was soft and sweet now. "It is polite to say your age before asking someone else," Karen noticed everyone was now looking at the male. "My name is Justin and I am sixteen years old," He held out a hand to help her up. She took it, "I am fourteen." "Your king must have been weak to be taken down by such a small girl," The man's green eyes were emotionless. "He was a great king, helped out village through many battles. He helped us in so many ways," Karen was about to cry. "Then think back to why you would have killed him," Justin put his hand on Karen's green hair. "He killed my mother, father, and brother. He was about to kill me. He always said my family's magic was to strong." "Then you had a perfectly good reason for killing him, it was self- defense. Do all of you see that now?" Justin looked at all the people shaking their heads. "The king would never kill someone!" Many people in the crowd shouted.
"You may not believe her but I do," Justin said facing the crowd.
"You aren't even from around here, but you are trying to help this, this peasant," The queen shouted from the back of the crowd. No one knew she was back there until then. All heads bowed as many cleared a path for her.
Karen bowed, "My queen I am sorry for what I have done. I will understand any punishment you have for me."
"Let the people decide what shall be done," The queen bowed at Justin, "you shall have the same punishment." "Wait, my queen, please don't do anything to him. He was only trying to help me." Karen looked at the queen.
"I say we should chop both their heads off!" One of the people from the crowd yelled. "What the people want is what the people get," The queen smiled a mischievous smile, "Follow me." "Thanks for trying Karen," Justin said as they followed the queen to the coliseum. They walked through a small door and into the middle of the coliseum. The queen led them up a small staircase and onto a huge wooden platform. Justin looked at Karen and smiled. "What are you smiling about Justin?"
"The fact that you have magic and aren't trying to help yourself."
"Well, I have magic, but it only happens when I don't expect it."
"All well. Looks like we are doomed," He was still smiling. Karen felt uneasy about him, but she ignored it. She looked at the ground and waited. The stands in the coliseum were starting to feel and the queen took her place. "We are all gathered here to watch these two children be beheaded," The queen looked back at us. "One is Karen a peasant here in this town. The other is Justin, a new comer. Karen killed our beloved king, and Justin tried to help her," she turned back around
Karen looked at Justin's hands, which were tied behind his back, the same as Karen's. She focused all her energy on the rope. All of a sudden, it fell to the ground and Justin looked at her. "Just get out of here," Karen whispered. "I'm not leaving you," Justin was looking at the queen.
"You must. Both of us won't be able to escape."
"We'll half to find a way because there's no way I'm letting you die for no reason." Justin looked at her. Karen looked down and then back up. Justin was being serious. "I'm not going. You can either go on your own, or die here with me."
"Then I will die here with you," He looked at the queen, "Queen Melina the rope they tied me with came undone." Karen looked at Justin as if he was crazy.
"Yes well just stand there," She looked at him and back to the crowd.
"Justin, why are you doing this?" Karen looked at him miserably.
"I have my reasons," His voice was low.
"My queen I know this is wrong of me to do but I must," Karen used her magic on her own rope and walked face to face to Justin and slapped him.
"What the- why'd you do that!" Justin looked into her eyes.
"Why wouldn't you leave?" "I have my reasons!"
"Tell me them," Karen's voice was serious. She looked at Justin's muscular body and noticed he had many cuts on his body. She looked at his hair, it was suppose to be blonde but for the first time she noticed it was dyed from blood.
"You aren't just an ordinary girl. You are my sister," His voice was low on the last word. Karen felt her heart stop. She looked at his body repeatedly. Their eyes, nose, mouth, almost everything about them was the same. She couldn't understand why she hadn't seen it before.
"Justin, leave here now," the queen's voice was full of anger.
"You don't want my sister knowing about her real life. She deserves to know. Not the one you have stuck in her mind!" Justin's eyes turned a bright red.
"Just a second, the queen didn't make me think my parent's killed my family. The king told me that himself. So it wasn't her." Karen said with a shy voice.
"See I had no idea about any of this!" the queen was smiling.
"Actually you did. You knew all about this. My sister is the Earth Kingdoms Princess. I am the Prince. Mother sent me here to come get her, but your soilders kept popping out of nowhere. I knew there was something wrong with that," Justin stood in front of Karen.
"Enough with this nonsense, guards off with their heads." The queen shouted and the whole crowd shouted for joy.
"Justin let's go," Karen looked at the guards, "Freeze." The guards froze all of a sudden.
"What did you just do?" The queen shouted.
"It's called magic," Karen smiled. Justin looked at Karen, got out a small knife, and cut Karen's arm barely missing the vein. A drop of her blood fell to the ground.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment