Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Socializing on the net

This is my vile english teacher's form of torture through writing!!

Chapter 5 - Socializing on the net

Chapter 5 - Socializing on the net
Are we really socializing when we chat online or is it all “smoke in the mirrors?”


Are we really socializing when we chat online? In one perspective, we are, and in another, we are not. Well, where do I begin? First of all, some people only have relationships based upon the internet, because the real world won’t listen. Some people have deep, dark secrets that they will only share to people who chat on the internet, and this is indeed interacting. Someone is actually there reading over what you have written, caring about you and your troublesome life.

Then again, talking in this manner can also be considered “smoke in the mirrors.” If you talk to some you don’t know, like your neighbour’s, cousin’s, father’s, uncle’s, stepmother’s, half cousin’s, great-aunt twice removed, than you do not really know of whom you’re really speaking to and it is like chatting to a piece of metal. You don’t even know if said person is paying any attention to your conversation at all. They could be just typing random things that you take as compliment, but were not meant to be as flattering.

So, in conclusion, in some cases, speaking online is socializing and in others, it is not. All I know is that I get too many journal entries to even think about socializing on the internet. I never have time.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment