Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Daughter's Quest

What makes a hero exactly? And how did the fifth turtle begin her quest to the City.

Chapter 2 - A Daughter's Quest

Chapter 2 - A Daughter's Quest
p{ margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 1px}body{ font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal}
            Disclaimer: They aren’t mine so there, well some of them might be mine I dunno. Butdon’t sue all you’d get is a few comic books, fitness magazines, and a few DVD’s anywayz.


            *note: let’s see, maybe this’ll be the second part in my Daughter’s Promise story. Yeah Ithink I’ll go with that.

A Daughter’s Quest


            Why am I doing this? Was it because I promised to do so? Why am I leaving familiarityto look for something I don’t even know exists? A promise, is that why? What good does it do tokeep a promise to someone you loved if they will never know you did so?


            I remember this place, though I never remember being here. No light shines here, it iscomplete darkness. For as far as the eye can see there is nothing. Yet I continue on.

            It’s been days since I last saw light, I feel as if the walls are closing in on me, I mustescape. I walk on still through the darkness. Hours pass or was it minutes? Time is all a blur tome now. Then I saw my escape, a patch of light shown ahead of me, there must be a way to thesurface there, so I run.

            Reaching the light I looked up, there was a hole on the side of the wall, a grate wassupposed to be there but wasn’t. A way out. It’s a risk for me to be on the surface, but I had nochoice I had to be free of the sewers if only for a day. I climbed through the grate opening intothe busy streets, wrapping myself in my cloak and pulling the hood over my head I stood therebreathing the fresh air and basking in the sunlight.

            Nearby a paper stand sits, news, magazines, tabloids all for sell. Front pages all readingdifferent: “Gas Prices at an All-time High” “The War in Iraq, the Truth” “Abs in Weeks” “TragicStory of High School Freshman Maria Ramirez,” three in particular though caught my attentionall on tabloids “Masked Vigilantes Clean Up Streets, Disappearing in the Dark” “Are NewYork’s Sewers Overrun by Large Reptiles?” and finally “The Demon Guardians of New York,Real or a Hoax.”

            Hiding in the Dark? Large Reptiles? Demon Guardians? All seem to coincidental to me,perhaps others like me do exist, but can I find them? And if I do, what then? It’s such a big city,I don’t know if I can find them, but I had to, I just had to.

            Slowly I walk through the streets, trying to hide my face from all that pass, no one seemsto take notice.

            A little girl tugs at her mother’s skirt, saying she just saw a big walking lizard. Hermother just replies saying, “That’s nice dear, but it’s not nice to stare.” A typical motheranswer....

            Hey, did she call me a lizard? I don’t look like a lizard.

            Passing an alleyway I here a noise, like someone was in pain. Ducking into the alley, aman lays on the ground, open bleeding from his stomach, like a deep stab wound, his left armbadly distorted, and his eyes swollen nearly shut. It looked like a mugging, but nothing seemedto be missing, that’s weird.

            Rushing to his side I throw back my hood and lean down to take a look at the wound,wiping away the blood I dress the wounds to the best of my ability, searching him I found his cellphone, I quickly dial 911 checking a nearby building for a street address.

            “Behind you,” the man barely mutters, hardly able to breath.

            Turning my head I see four men around me, all dressed in black, wearing full face masks. All with weapons drawn on me. They call me freak, some call me dog turtle, shock in theirvoices like they were confused. They begin to approach me. I’m scared, why were they comingat me? What did I do besides help a lone person the only way I knew how? 

            A shadow then comes over my head, a winged human came from the skies, attackingeach of the men in black with speed and guile, like a hawk.

            Wait...a human with dark, demon-like wings? How was this possible.

            Within moments the men in black were out of the picture, three unconscious, one fleeingthe scene. The winged man looked back at me, raised an eyebrow, cracking a half-grin andwinking. Without saying a word he was back in the sky, disappearing into the shadows. I wasleft in the alley with an injured man, three men who had been knocked out. The sirens soundedas they approached, I knew it was then time to go.

            I ran from the alley, pulling my hood up again. After getting a little distance betweenmyself and the alley I start to walk again. Night was falling, and the surface seemed a dangerousplace. Perhaps the sewers are where I belong, below the surface, away from everyone andeverything. Yet, helping that man made me feel good, I needed no thanks, it was a feeling Iwanted more of.

            Also I couldn’t figure out who that man was, or how he was the way he was. How did heshow right when I needed help? Perhaps, the stories of Guardian Angels....or in this city,Guardian Demons were true. And if those were true, maybe the stories of giant reptiles were to,and maybe, just maybe those reptiles were like me...maybe?

            So I fled back to the sewers, I would keep my promise.

 

            I remember this place, though I never remember being here. No light shines here, it iscomplete darkness. For as far as the eye can see there is nothing. Yet I continue on...

End?


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment