Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A Daughter's Meeting

What makes a hero exactly? And how did the fifth turtle begin her quest to the City.

Chapter 3 - A Daughter's Meeting

Chapter 3 - A Daughter's Meeting
Disclaimer: Still not mine, not yet anyway. Mwahahahaha!!!

*note: this picks up as part three of a Daughter’s Promise. MeiPeiChi has been in the city for months. It’s a little shorter than the previous chapters, for that I apologize.

A Daughter’s Meeting

This is the city, it’s nasty, it’s rundown, and violent. I just can’t understand why someone would voluntarily stay here. Yet there are a few redeeming qualities here, there is a little light in this black place.
It’s Sunday, one of the few times I’ll go above ground during the day time. A small church on the corner is having their morning service, I sneak into the back going up some stairs to listen from the attic. I feel at peace here. The preacher is mentioning a soup kitchen that he wants to operate in one of the poor parts of town. Surprisingly, the one’s volunteering are kids most no older than I. I can’t help but be slightly envious.
“You know they make seats on the ground.�
A voice comes from behind me, turning around I see the familiar face of someone I’ve never met. I freeze, I’ve never seen him this close, his wings are folded over his shoulders, almost like a cape.
“Who are you?�
He introduces himself as Jarred, but won’t tell me anymore. For the remainder of the service he sits in silence. I notice his eyes, a green color as he watches the service intently, his reddish-brown hair looks like it hasn’t been cut in months. The service ends, and Jarred disappears as swiftly as he appeared, the gust off his wings was the only sign he had even been there.
After I believe everyone has left I make my way to the back where I came in. Walking down the street, hood over my head, I come across paths with a familiar little girl.
“Hey Ms. Turtle-lady,�
Just a few months ago she had called me a lizard, at least she had my species right now.
Her name was Megan, she goes to the church, she had introduced herself to me one day after service, but promised not to tell anyone about me. Such a sweet girl.
If only there were more Megans or more teenage food drive volunteers in the world. Of course that would never happen. Most of the world is dark, and recently things have gotten darker. The streets are filled with more and more violence and things aren’t looking like they’re going to get better. The only thing that prevents absolute chaos on the street is one winged, demon man and me.
I’m not a fighter, but I do what I can, I help those that are injured to the best of my abilities and call for help as soon as possible. I like to think that I have helped in my own small way, I even have people calling me a Guardian Angel. My mother used to call me Angel, it’s nice to be called that again.
Is this what my life has become? Me, roaming the streets, hoping to find some way to help in any way I can. I still search for the others like me, but I enjoy the feeling I get here. There are people I can help here, there’s Megan, there’s Jarred, and there’s the church. For now this is a decent enough home.
Night falls. The citizens here have come to learn that night is not a time to be out. Plenty still come out though, several hoping to glimpse the demon or the angel that watches over the streets. There were no curious onlookers tonight, I guess that’s a good thing.
...Noise on the rooftops...
I knew the chance of a quiet night was unlikely. There’s Jarred up there, he looks like he’s in trouble. He needs help. On the side of the building someone is climbing, he reaches the top, jumping to help Jarred. A figure falls from the roof, wings spreading wide, he’s okay.
Watching the roofs I see figures jumping from rooftop to rooftop. The chase is on, I run along side them, watching from the ground. Until it happens, a piece of roof gives in, and large figure plummeting to the ground.
I rush to the body, he’s alive, barely. Dear God, he..he looks like me. I tell him not to move, tie a tourniquet around his leg, set his arm, and turn to leave. I go into the sewers, he follows. What does he want? I move away.
“My name is Donatello, I just wanna talk.�
His staff breaks, and he falls to the ground.

I guess the rumors were right, I guess I’m not alone........

End...


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment