Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Dragon Egg Seremony

This is a story about the new hope for the Varden and elves, a new rider. will be a multiple chapter story.

Chapter 3 - The Dragon Egg Seremony

Chapter 3 - The Dragon Egg Seremony


The Dragon Egg Seremony



The few last days before she was to leave went by in a flash. The day was there, so she saddled Anziyan with the most luxurious elven sadel the family owned, her dad had given her strict commands about making the best inpression possible while staying in Ellesmera. Her clothes were simpel, but still gave a luxurious look considering them only to be traveling clothes. She said her goodbyes to her family and friends. She felt sad about living them but did not cry. The hardest goodbye was yet to come.. She had to say goodbye to Vastril... She was going to meet him and the edge of the forrest.



She could see Vastril standing at the place they had agreed on. It pained her too think of this being the last time she would see him for many a month.. She dismounted Anziyan, and put two fingers to her lips. - Atra esterni ono thelduin, she said in a sad tone. -Atra du evarinya ono varda, he lovingly replied. And because she felt like giving him a formal and proper greeting since it would be their last greeting in a long time she added - Un atra mor`ranr lifa unin hjarta onr. He smiled at her and gave her a loving kiss. - I will miss you deeply Lindhren, he said in a tender almost whispering tone. - And I you.... - Wiol ono, he said and opened his palm reveling a sparkling necklace shaped like a delicate silver rose. - Its beautiful.. she managed to silently whisper. - Just like you Lindhren. He fastened it around her neck and with that they gave each other one final kiss and she once again mounted Anziyan and galloped in to the forest.



All elves had a passion for nature, and she shared that passion deeply. The forest had a calming effect on her, especiallly now that it was only Anziyan and herself all alone amongst the creatures of the forest. She rode all day and did not stop..When evening came she silently whispered Garjzla so that she lit up her elven lantern. She didn`t feel tired since she had slept the day before so she continued galloping at a steady pace.



Five days past before she finally saw the great city of Ellesmera. Elves crowded the streets everywhere many just arriving like she herself was. She didn`t bother about trying to find a place to stay, the forest was inviting enough as it was. So she found a spare place near a little lake close to Ellesmera, it was late evening and the seremony was to be held the night after. She was not tired and decided to spend the night singing a little wooden flute out of a branch on a great brandy tree. When she was done with flute she decided to try it. So she started to peacefully play ``Du Silbena Datia``. She felt calm and relaxed and played for many hours...



Evening was nearing and therefore she decided to change into one of her more formal gowns. She loved the way the glowing turqouise colour of the linen fabric emphazised the colour of her eyes.



And so the evening came and she among with hundreds of other elves made theire way down to the great elven castels main hall. There all the elves who was to join the seremony wrote their name on to the honouring list,and after that joined a long queue leading towards the great pedestal the magestical dragon egg had been placed upon. The shear beauty of the egg puzzled her. It had the same turqoise glow as her eyes, but at the same time was a thousen times more amazing and beauifully sparkling. She had never before seen such absolute beauty. She saw that she had arrived later than most elves, but the seremony hadnt started yet. And after a short while the doors to throne room opened and out stepped the great queen Izlansadi . Momentarily all the elves knelt before the great queen and made the first part of the elven greeting. She responded back and after that the last and most formal part of the greeting was uttered. - Thank you all for attending this great seremony. It pleases my heart to see all off you here. It is a great honour to touch a dragon egg, and it might be the first and only time you will have the chance to do so. I will not hold a great long speech at the moment since this only would slow down the seremony. So with that, please begin these honours actions. The queen clapped her hands twice and the first person went up to touch the egg. Nothing happened. This went on for several hours. Even days.. But no elf would leave the great hall before the last elf had touched the egg. The que got shorter every minute, it would soon be her turn..



And the turn became hers.. She was nervous, so many thoughts and doubts ran trough her head. Now or never was the last thing that ran through her mind before she climbed the few stairs up to the altar. A strong magical aura suronded the egg. She softly laid her hand on the egg, nothing happened, she was almost confused about the dissapointing feeling that filled her, she had never expectet to feel dissapointed about not being chosen.. She should have felt relived, Still confuse she started walking back in to the hall.. when the egg suddenly started to slightly rumble. Everybody went queit stearing at the egg with astonishment. She couldent belive it... Sorrow and glee tangled together deep inside her. She did not no if she was to cry or jubilate, she seleced neither.. Just stopped dead and gazed at all the other elves, and with a quite so sudden move all the elves in the hall knelt before her. She was astonished.. The elves greeted her, she answered and she was even more astonished when they gave her a formal answer after hers.



The queen stepped in to the hall and once again the greeting was made. - The hatchling has chosen. A great feast will be held, but for now I think our chosen one has much on her mind.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

fantasygirl on January 10, 2006, 4:34:48 AM

fantasygirl on
fantasygirlAw, I wanna touch an dragon egg and get a dragon too! XD Great story! write more! ^^