Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Hatchling

This is a story about the new hope for the Varden and elves, a new rider. will be a multiple chapter story.

Chapter 5 - Hatchling

Chapter 5 - Hatchling


Hatchling



She felt confused, happy and sad, and didnt know what to do.. The stroking heat and many gazes made her dizzy. The feeling tapped her body off energy. The people around her started to swirl around the room. The elves around her sensed her problem and consurned glanzes and screams surronded her. She couldnt take it anymore, she had to many emotions trapped inside.. She felt drained of energy and then, she blacked out..



Where am I? She consentrated hard and soon managed to focus her sight. She was in a beatifully sung room, curious about her surrondings she got out off bed and started to explore the room. She decided to find the main hall first, since it was a quite big place. She entered a lovely circular vestibule. In the center of the room a great sculpture of two pale hands and forearms that was twined around each other without touching stood. Three screen doors led from the vestibule. One to a great dining room that might hold up to ten people at the most, one to a washing closet, and the last one to the bedroom where she had been sleeping. Looking around she noticed a huge teardrop shaped gape in the outer wall. Large enough for a full grown dragon she thougt. There was also the bed, a beautifull fireplace, and a low rimmed bowl that was set into the floor and was lined with soft blankets. The egg was snuggled into the blankets. - Ahh.. Youre finally awake young rider to be, the queen had just entered the room. - As you can see your dragon is safe, she pointed a finger towards the egg. - It is the dragon bed.. As you can see. Do you know what place this is Lindhren? the queen asked in a kind tone. - No I do not, she politely answered. - It is a great room. The leader of the riders used to live here. He and his dragon.. - I am honoured.. She couldn`t belive the great kindness the queen granted her. - I will let you be alone for the moment. Your dragon will hatch this day if everything is as it should be. I sencerely hope it will, the queen smiled warmly at her before she turned around ready to leave. - And just so you know. New robes and clothes has been made for you, you can wear them if you`d like.



Once again she felt sceared and nervous. She started crying. It helped greatly to let her emotions out. After a while she decided that she would be wise to do something instead of just sitting around stearing at the egg. So she got up and had a shower, the water felt reviving against her silk smooth skin. The new dresses where amazing, royal. She put a lovely turquoise dress one on, her favourite colour indeed. Feeling a lot better then earlier she headed back to her bedroom when she noticed a swirling staircase leading up to an upper floor. Curious about this she started climbing the stairs. When on top she saw that it was a cozy yet quite large study. It had a desk with quills, paper, and ink. Many a shelf with parchments inn all sizes stood againts the walls and another padded roost for a dragon to curl up on was placed close to the desk. There was also another one of the greywood fireplaces there. She loved that the special wood had the same effect as the material the humans used. Humans fascinated her, she had never seen one and that made her even more curious.



Entering the bedroom again she noticed the rumbling being alot stronger than earlier that day. She eyed it curiously. Would it hatch soon? Nothing but happines and curiousity filled her now. She had managed to outcome her fears at the moment. And then.. a small crack formed at the topp of the smooth surface of the egg. She heard scratching sounds from the inside og the egg. And then.. another crack.. and another.. She stood there stunned. After several minutes of listening to the struggeling sounds from inside the egg a perfectly shaped little turqouise paw struck out from the inside of the egg. And then a head. What a beautiful creature she thought. A laugh escaped her lips when the dragon made the cutest little coughing sound she had ever heard. And then the little stumbling dragon baby stood before her, eyeing her curiously. She walked carefully closer to it. Reached out a hand and just when touching it a shooting pain shot throug her body. She was shocked by the sudden wave of pain. And once again all went black.



Puzzled about the hard material she was lying at she carefully sat up. The sight she met was adorable.. The little hatchling was lying besides her sleeping soundly. A thought struck her and she opened her left palm towards her. - The Gedwey Ignasia, she whispered to herself. - Argetlam.. The baby dragon awoke and let out a tired yawn. Just at that moment the queen entered the room yet again. - Oh, what a warming sight. He is beautiful... - I agree.. But are you certain that it is a he? she asked curiously. - I am. That I saw at once. So what will you name youre little hatchling? - I do not know.. What do you think about Vastril? - You will have to ask him, the queen answered wavering her towards the dragon. So she turned towards her little hatchling and knelt to the floor so that she would get to the same level as the dragon. - Do you want to be named Vastril hatchling? The dragon made a snorting voice and turned his head away. - I guess not then.. What about Azhir? Once again the dragon disaproved. - I do not know then.. Maybe Cerite? The name of power.. This time the dragon made a happy growl.- Cerite it is then.




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

fantasygirl on January 12, 2006, 10:00:41 PM

fantasygirl on
fantasygirlwoot woot! this is great! She and Cerite will make a great team! keep it coming!