Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - We All Must Learn To Say Goodbye

A story of a few chraraters I have made. One based off of myself! *if pics arent up yet, then they should be in a little while*

Chapter 3 - We All Must Learn To Say Goodbye

Chapter 3 - We All Must Learn To Say Goodbye


We All Must Learn To Say Good Bye

Two days later, on December 27, Jade was buried. Oddly enough, barely anyone showed up at her funeral… it might have been the fact that most of her family lived in a different state and that most people were out of town and just her about her death last night. But one person couldn't make it that day… and that almost killed their heart completely.

“Darn,” Seda said as he got out of his car. He read the letter he had been given. “Burial is to start at 6:00pm on December 27 at the North Shore Cemetery” The wind was cold and brisk as his watched shown the time “7:45”. Seda buried his face into the pink scarf Jade had been wearing days before. Seda inhaled and took in the soft lingering sent. The soft bits of pink cotton warmed his face, but brought back so many memories, and the one of Christmas night. Fighting his tears, Seda walked up to the place where Jade was to be buried. Seda looked up at the top of a hill and saw the chairs left, empty, next to a grave. The priest still lingered with the men assigned to burry the coffin. Seda had contacted them earlier and told them how much Jade meant to him, and how he wanted to say good bye. “So, sorry to make you wait for me,” Seda began, “it's just that-” “Its okay,” said the priest, “I understand.” Seda nodded and turned his attention to the coffin that was lying 6 feet underground. “Could you guys give me some alone time?” Seda asked. The men nodded and walked off. Seda took a deep breath and could feel the on coming rain as he looked up to see grey clouds gathering above him. Seda looked down to the coffin below him. Though he has seen dead people before, he couldn't look at Jade; it would just hurt too much. “Jade,” Seda began quietly, “you were the only one I truly loved. And I don't think I will ever feel this way about someone again. I have only known you for a few short months, but to me it seemed I've know you all my life. I wanted to spend my whole life with you.” Seda reached into his pocket and pulled out a black velvet box. “I was so sure,” Seda said as he open the box, “it was going to be that night… I was going to make you mine forever.” Seda opened the box and pulled out a stunning diamond ring! It had a mix of gold and silver in the band that blended perfectly to compliment the beautiful crystal clear diamond. And to add to that, there were some red and black colored jewels embedded into it. It was by far one of the most exquisite rings ever made, one of a kind, and worth so much. “Good bye,” Seda said as he tossed the ring into the hole. It bounced on the coffin with a small clinking sound before falling silent. Seda grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it upon the coffin before turning to leave. Seda felt raindrops pouring onto his face, but the men watching him said that his face was drenched, but it didn't start raining until a few hours later. “Jade Alex Kalacur, July 14, 1983- December 25, 2004”

“Seda!!! WAKE UP!!!” Seda stirred and jumped up from his desk as he returned to reality. Seda's vision blurred into focus as he saw a girl standing in front of him. “What?” Seda asked, still half asleep. “You fell asleep again…” said the child as her wolf tail swiftly swung behind her. “Nnnngggg, five more minuets,” Seda said groggily. “Hospitals don't take holidays,” the girl said. “Come on Odie, can't you give me a break? It's Christmas,” Seda said as he laid his head back down on his desk.

Odie was only a 15 year old girl, but a doctor none the less. Like Seda, she was able to get her degree at a young age, but not for the same reasons. Somehow, she was able to attach a prehensile wolf tail to herself. She had also been able to do this with amputees and their missing body parts. She was the only one who knew exactly how the whole procedure worked, though her parents had to help attach her tail, they did not completely understand the concept of connecting the nerves and muscle tissue without their daughter's help. Since she was so young, the hospital recommended for her to work in the pediatrics. Odie didn't understand why she had to work with the children, she would be more use in serious cases. That is when Seda came into her life. Seda had to go through the same thing when he first started, he couldn't stand the idea! But he realized that it's the children who need someone on their level, or someone who understands their level, to communicate with before undergoing some type of surgery. He explained that her skills would still be needed in other areas, but it would be best to start off with others that would be easier to grow closer to. Odie did understand this, but grew a bond with Seda as well.

“Tomorrow is Christmas, and the principal is still the same, Toshi,” Odie said with a smirk. Seda jumped up and his eyes sprang open, “what did you call me?” “That's your first name isn't it? Doctor Toshi R. Seda,” Odie repeated. “Odie! I told you not to tell anyone my first name!” Seda stressed as he stood up. “I won't. That is, if you get up and get back to work,” Odie replied slyly. Seda grumbled under his voice about being bossed around by a stupid kid, but Odie just gave him a hug and walked off. Seda smiled, he couldn't help but love that kid. She was almost like a sister to him. It was a very odd that she had come into his life so soon after Jade's death and be able to connect with him so easily. They were so much alike, but not in the way they looked. I mean, that kid had a tail! Unlike Jade, Odie had soft brown hair and eyes, and was much shorter than Seda. Though her ears were still normal, she planned on turning them into more sensitive wolf ears instead. And that was something Seda couldn't believe, even when Odie tried explaining it to him. Aside form all of that, they both shared a simple kindness that could be easily sensed by anyone near them. And the most important thing, they both were able to read Seda like a book. Just any motion could tell them so much about Seda. It was almost like they could read his mind. Also, they were both sort of loners, keeping their distance from others, trying not to let anyone get too close… but Seda was the only person who could ever understand them. All in all, if they ever met, they would have almost been sisters, and best of friends.

“Seda!” Odie called out as she ran after him in the parking lot. The rows of cars seemed so dark, as the night began to fall. “Come on, you don't wan to be late getting home again,” Seda called as he got into his car. It wasn't just Odie who trusted Seda; her parents also had a strong bond with him. Seda was the one helping Odie learn how to drive, and Seda had even received birthday presents from people who he had now become accustom to call “Mom” and “Dad” on Valentines day. “Did you forget anything?” Seda asked Odie. “Uhhh… I sure hope not!” Odie said with a goofy smile as Seda started up the car.

The next day, Christmas, Seda and Odie both had a night shift. It might have seemed like they were disobeying child labor laws, but it was all under her job requirement that she had to make one overnight shift, and she chose Christmas night. Seda spent most of the day, alone, because it was on year earlier that Jade had died. Seda now sat in his office, and no one dared go bother him. Though Jade was the only secret he kept from Odie, he dared not to tell her. Seda was half slumped over his dark wooden desk, rolling the pencils along until they eventually fell of the edge and hit the tile floor with an occasional snap. The lights above flicked lightly as the bulb began to die from so much overuse. Seda glanced at the black hands of the clock on the wall, “11:05pm” Seda sighed. The seconds seemed to go by so slowly, as for Christmas wasn't that special joyous time of year as it was for everybody, everybody except Seda.

In the other room, Odie was trying to find out why Seda has been so low lately. “Tell me!” she shouted. “It's nothing, you really don't need to know,” said one of the nurses. Odie pouted as the phone rang beside her. “Hello?” she asked into the receiver, “this is she…what is it?............oh…..what happened?...............are they okay?......... I understand….” Odie then hung the phone up and stared at the ground. “Where's Seda?” she asked. “In his office I presume,” replied one of the nurses. Odie bolted off in the direction of Seda's office. “Wait!” called the nurse, “you shouldn't bother him!” Odie didn't care and keep running, not making eye contact with anyone she passed by. Odie came up to the grey metal door, it was closed, but it was inevitable that Seda was in there. Odie reached down and grasped the cold metal door knob in her hand and bursted into the room. “WHAT THE?!” Seda screamed as Odie ran over and started crying into his shirt. “What happened?” he asked eagerly. Odie looked up to him, tears covered he soft face.

If you asked any person that saw her running down that hallway that night, they all could have sworn that she was running as if her life depended on it…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment