Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - A Change In Times

A story of a few chraraters I have made. One based off of myself! *if pics arent up yet, then they should be in a little while*

Chapter 4 - A Change In Times

Chapter 4 - A Change In Times


A Change In Times

The wind blew cold this December 27, with a promise of light snow in the sky. It had been exactly one year since Seda has visited the grave yard, and Jade's grave. He never visited her, not that he just decided to move on, it was just too painful for him. Seda got out of his car, once again more than an hour late for the funeral. Before entering the gate, Seda stared at the name, “North Shore Cemetery,” the same place as Jade. Seda slowly stepped into the grounds, remembering that day. Not a day has passed that Seda hasn't thought of Jade, but now only that day came to mind, the pain, and the tears. And the day just got better as he saw Odie sitting at the top of the same hill Jade was buried on. Seda's heart sunk. Yes, he was late, for a second time, but this time he visited two graves, adjacent to that of his only love's. Odie was sitting down, reading a small black book, though it did look familiar to Seda, he didn't say anything. Seda's eyes were almost tearing; he starred at the grave, next to the parents of the child who he is now taking care of. Jade's grave had grown old, and was slightly covered by small plants that have attached themselves to the rough, grey stone. “Got a knack for being late to funerals, don't you Seda?” asked Odie. Seda look at the child, dumbfounded. “She was really pretty,” she said as she turned a page in the black book. It was then it hit Seda. “HEY! THAT'S MINE!!!” Seda shouted as he jumped at Odie, trying to get to the book. “Don't worry,” Odie said as she jumped out of the way, causing Seda to hit the ground, “I didn't read anything bad. So this explains why everybody didn't want to bother you Christmas.” Seda's head dropped. Seda looked off and saw three flowers growing wild in the ground. He then plucked them and placed them all on each grave, one for each parent, and one for Jade. “Come on,” Seda said as he turned to walk away, “we should be heading home now.”

At Odie's house, most of the possessions it contained were with in boxes or covered by white sheets. After all, the house did belong to her parents. She made the way up the brilliant oak stair case, with the white, had crafted rail that led upwards in the house. It would be a shame to loose such a nice house, beautiful Victorian exterior, high ceiling with a hand painted mural. It would be such a shame to have to leave the house to rot, but it would be too much for a mere child to manage. “I did say it was time for a change in scenery,” Odie said as she pulled out several boxes stacked up from a room. “This place was too high class for me anyways,” she said with a sad smile. Seda rushed over and helped with her stuff, the boxes that carried her life, and her memories of her family. It would be hard for both of them to adjust to this new style of life, a young girl moving in with a man who has never had any parenting experience what so ever, very hard. But one thing they could always count on, it that they would always be there for each other, not matter what happens, no matter what tried to tear them apart.

Seda lived in a small house, not, that he didn't have much money, it's just that he had always lived alone in it. Seda led the girl down the small hallway and came to a door that was slightly opened. “This is your room,” he said as he pushed it open, showing a plain white room with only a bed and a dresser that occupied the space, “I've always had an extra room, and now it's your to do with as you please.” “Well,” Odie began, “it will do for now. But it's going to need lots of color and some more furniture to make it feel like my old room.” Seda smiled at her, maybe being a parent won't be so tough, he though to himself. “And I'm thinking you'll be able to find your way around my… er… `our' house on your own,” Seda said as he handed a house key to Odie. “Oh, and my room is opposite side of the house if you need me,” Seda said before he turned to leave.

“Sead?”

“Eh?”

“Thanks.”

It had been a few weeks now since the whole incident, and both of them have seemed to adjust to that changes quiet easily now. Odie had gotten to know the neighborhood and was about to go out for a walk around town. “Hey,” Seda shouted as Odie was about to head out the door, “be careful. There had been a series of murders going on around the area. Don't stay out too late and stay away from suspicious looking people.” Odie nodded as she ran out the door. Seda could trust her without going with her, after all, she was smart enough to know the difference between good and bad. Though, he still worried, more now than ever for her. Almost like a parent.

It had been about half and hour since she had left the house and was walking around town. It had started to get dark so Odie was already on her way home. She skipped down the sidewalk with a bag of candy in her hand and a smile on her face. Sure, she was 15 years old, but she just couldn't resist it! And she knew Seda couldn't resist it either. Then, she stepped in something, some kind of liquid, thick and red. It was draining from an ally. She stepped back and examined the liquid. “Blood?” she said to herself, “no, it can't be.” Then, a scream was heard, not the scream of a woman, but a painful scream of a male. Odie jumped up and peered down the ally. She was overcome by fear… seeing that scene… something that will scar her for life…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment