Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Somebody To Count On

A story of a few chraraters I have made. One based off of myself! *if pics arent up yet, then they should be in a little while*

Chapter 5 - Somebody To Count On

Chapter 5 - Somebody To Count On


Somebody To Count On

“What the hell happened?” screamed Seda as he rushed into the Emergency room to comfort Odie. She was in complete shock, from that scene she saw.

When she turned to look down the ally, the first thing she noticed was the woman's body, drained of all it's blood, and writing on the wall that simply stated `I'm Out There' signed by the killer Calypso. But the thing that caused the most fear to surge through her was seeing the killer with his arm that punctured straight through the abdominal area of him, face shocked and pale with fear. The sound that came from when Calypso pulled his arm out, disgusting re-tearing of the flesh, the blood that gushed from the wound on both sides of the body, limply fell to the ground. “What's wrong Rikku? You look like you almost witnessed a murder,” Calypso laughed menacingly through the white mask, the green goggles that shimmered in the low light of the ally, and his silver hair that flew in the cold breeze that sent shivers down Odie's spine. Rikku coughed up blood as he gripped his wounds, closing tight his brown eyes that were covered by his dangling brown hair. Calypso ran out of the ally, briefly stopping in front Odie to examine her before running off away from the loudening sound of the sirens.

“I don't know,” the girl said as she clenched onto Seda's jacket, “and I never want to see anything like that again.” “Let's get you home,” Seda said as he led the girl from the hospital.

Later that night, there was a visit from the police and they questioned Odie on the killer. “He was not too much taller than me, about Seda's height. Silver hair, very messy, green goggles, pointy eats *grabs Seda's ears and tweaks them*, a mask over his mouth, and pale-ish skin. Oh, and he was wearing an orange short sleeved hoddie with a red cross on the arm, black pants, and I remember seeing his necklace. I stared at it for some moments, a sword with a snake wrapped around it and a flaming background,” said the girl. “Thank you, that'll be all,” said the police as he turned to leave. “What about the victim? The boy at the hospital?” Seda asked. “He was awake when we got there, but her refused to answer any of our questions,” the police said, “and he was very harsh. I advise you take precautions if you decide to visit him.”

The date is February 13, three days after Rikku first came to the hospital and Seda and Odie had just arrived in the hospital again. “Sure you're okay to go back to work already?” asked Seda. “I'm sure,” Odie said, “and I really need to see that guy too,” Odie mumbled under her breath. “What's that?” asked Seda. “Uh, nothing!” True, Odie did think that guy was cute, but she also needed to get to know him better. She feared for her life and he might be the only person who could help her survive.

Rikku was being kept in the West Wing Recovery Center, room 666, but when Odie arrived, no one was in the room. She backed out and looked around the area. “Where could he have gone? I mean, he couldn't get better that fast. That wound almost killed him,” she said as she turned the corner. “Don't take it out on me!” shouted one of the workers, Cal. Cal had neat silver hair, blue crystal eyes, and pointed ears. He wasn't a full time worker, still in medical school, but was about 17 years of age. “Shut up! I don't need you telling me I'm not suited to walk. I'm walking just fine,” complained Rikku. Rikku indeed look so much better than he first came in, but had a cold stare in his young eyes. He stared coldly at Cal before turning to head back to his room, clenching his fist tightly. Cal put his hand over his pale face in frustration, then turned to Odie. “Oh, hi! Didn't see you there,” Cal said with a smile. “Hey Cal,” Odie replied. Cal blushed slightly as he smiled at her. And to most, it was obvious of his feelings towards her, but she never took any of his offers. “I gotta get going,” said Odie as she turned and headed off in the direction Rikku headed.

“Rikku?” Odie said as she popped her head in the doorway. “Humm?” he answered back. Now, for some reason, there was some kindness in his voice. His eyes didn't have that cold stare he gave Cal minuets earlier, almost like a whole other person. “Umm, hi there. I was the girl that found you…”

“Odie, right?”

“Yeah! That's me!”

“Thanks, you saved my life…”

“It's no problem, it's just…”

“You're scared aren't you?”

“Well… uh … yeah…”

“I don't blame you. That was a dangerous guy you saw there, and I know he got a real good look at you,” Rikku said, “I suggest that you stay where it's safe and avoid going anywhere alone.” “What about you?” she asked. “Me? I'll be fine… I've lived on my own for three years now, ever since I was 13. This is just another one of those things that happens to me so often,” Rikku said, putting his feet up on the bed. “Three years? Alone?” asked Odie. “Yeah… I ran away from home … something I don't advise you to follow after,” he said with a disappointed smile. Odie walked over and sat next to him. “You don't have to be alone now… if you stay here, I can be here for you…” she said.

“I can't … trouble always seems to follow me… I don't want to put you in any danger.”

“Well, I'm already involved in this mess right now.”

“True. But … I just don't like to see others suffering because of me…”

“Don't drag yourself down like that. I can tell you're a good person … just …”

“Just what?” asked Rikku “Just that, you really wouldn't be in this kind of situation if you had someone there beside you…”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment