Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - One Summer Day

an old story with i re-wrote. It's about a anthro wolf meeting and falling in love with a human girl.

Chapter 1 - One Summer Day

Chapter 1 - One Summer Day
The smell of the salty sea drifted across the airport runway. Planes landed and flew off continuously at Shaftton Intergalactic Airport. One, which was not really a plane, landed at runway 6. The long, silver spacecraft glided silently along the tarmac and halted next to a long line of stairs.
‘Spacecraft 3-BA from Meer Von Seelen has now landed at runway 6!’ said a female voice which seems to come out of no-where. The doors of the ship opened gracefully. ‘Thank you for flying with British Galactic Airways! Enjoy your stay on Earth!’ Out of the doors came out creatures, all different in shape and size and colour. They walked down the rusting stairs, chatting to friends, family or people they have never met. One of them was a rusty brown fur coloured, wolf-like creature. He looked around, holding his rucksack securely on his back; as if protecting something. He wore a black, tatty leather jacket, with black, dirt stained t-shirt and dark navy blue jeans and his hair was long and was a darker brown than his fur. Since he had digitgrade legs, he didn’t wear shoes. He happily sighed and walked to the airport building. Above the automatic doors were selections of the word ‘Welcome!’ in different languages, Willkommen! Benvenuto! Bienvenue! ΥΠΟΔΟΧΗ! BOA VINDA! and so on.

The brown wolf thing walked though the door and looked around. The whole place was teeming with noise and movement. It was full of humans, and also other creatures such as seven foot large reptilian creatures that are called Raptors if you translate it into English; and humanoids that wore robes and had strange markings on their skin; almost like tattoos but they looked natural. The wolf walked up to the reception and beings that looked like humans, but could turn into flaming humanoids by a click of a thumb.

‘Hello their sir.’ said the awkwardly smiling woman behind the counter, ‘For security reasons I must ask a few questions alright.’

‘Yeah alright.’ said the wolf creature. His voice was calm and warming.

‘Ok then sir. Please tell me your full name’

‘Well…’ he began ‘My full name is Louis Le Grand Et Le Noble Un, but every one calls me Louis!’ he happily said.

The woman franticly typed on the keyboard, trying to type as fast as she can. ‘Right, ok Mr. Louis; I can clearly see you are a Wolfdanion.’

‘Correctamundo!’ Louis shouted so people close would turn their heads and pay attention.

‘Yes, and please tell me your age, sir’

‘Well, let’s see. In earth numbers I’m, hmm. 7889 divided by 157780 adds 0.95 which equals one; and add that by 19 and cheese, that gives the final total of… 20!’ Louis chuckled to himself, he then saw the woman not getting his Wolfdanion joke. ‘Uh, yes well, I’m 20 years old,’ he said, a bit embarrassed of him.

‘Yes, thank you sir,’ she said sarcastically, Louis didn’t notice. ‘Ok, now please tell me what your purpose to visit Earth is?’

‘Well I’m just a traveller, hitchhiking across the Galaxy; going from inhabited planet to inhabited planet, just visiting. I thought to have a holiday on Earth.’ He lied.

The woman finished typing down all of the information. ‘That’s all sir. Thank you. Enjoy you’re time on Earth.’

‘Your welcome!’ He replied. He picked up his bag, and walked along towards the entrance of the airport.

After having to wait for some time at the metal detector, as the security man failed to find the hidden stomach button stud underneath Louis’s fur; he finally walked out of the airport. He looked around, with a smile on his face. The wind was calm; the sun was out and shining with all it’s might. He started walking along the pavement, which was full of tourists young and old, enjoying the British summer. He looked at the shop windows as he passed them; he went passed W H Smiths, Woolworths, Marks and Spencers, Currys Digital, Top Shop. He stopped outside Boots and leaned on the wall of the shop. He put his hand out of his right pocket and took out what looked like a rather crumbled up sandwich. He ate it rather quickly as he was in a hurry. He took the plastic bag and put it in a nearby rubbish bin. As he continued to walk along the side of Boots, he saw a map booth. ‘Hmm, well I might as well get one!’ He said. He took out of his left pocket one single pound coin, which he put in the machine.
Rumble!
Rumble!
POP! A rather small map dropped out of the machine. Louis took it and began scanning its contents. Something caught his golden eye. ‘Prince Regent Swimming Pool… well it’s quite hot, yeah, I should go and have a little swim!’ he put the map into his right jacket pocket, turned around and walked to the area of the city where the pool was.

Shaftton was a large, old Victorian seaside tourist City. In the summer the place would be full of tourist, flocking the pebble dashed beach; and while in the winter, Shaftton would house many pantomimes in the city’s many old and beautiful theatres. The main attractions, anytime of the year were the three piers, The Crystal Pier, originally used for ferries to dock at. Also the Shaftton Pier, which was like a floating fun fair; with many rides and arcade games; and finally the East Pier, an old Edwardian Iron pier, which has been closed for many decades. Also in the town was the new and amazing ‘i-360’, a 600foot tall observation tower, which attracts thousands every day.


‘What do you mean I have to be checked?!’ blurted out Louis. Why the hell should I? He thought, I’ve just got here and I just want to have a swim that’s all! I’m not carrying a bloody disease!

‘I’m sorry sir, but every alien has to be checked before they are allowed in, it’s the rules.’ said the guy behind the desk.

‘Oh stuff your rules! I’m here on holiday! I want to have a relaxing swim before I have to leave. I don’t want full grown humans touching me in awkward ways to see if I might have rabies!’ Louis turned round and started to walk to the swimming pool’s entrance.

‘Wait!’ shouted the guy ‘Look fine you can go, just don’t tell anyone I did it.’ He opened the gate to allow Louis to get to the changing rooms. Louis stared at him for a moment, thinking even if he should bother now. He sighed.

‘Alright, I’ll go and I promise I won’t tell anyone.’ He walked though the gate, saying thanks to the guy.
He turned a left corner to the males changing room.

The changing room was a smallish, cream tiled room with benches along the walls. It was lit by a few dim lights, which many were flickering. The changing room was almost completely empty; an elderly man was in the corner drying himself with his dirty, old looking towel. He looked quite scared when he saw Louis; he thought that he was going to attack him. Not the best changing room I’ve been in, but it’ll do Louis thought. He went to the furthest corner of the room, well out of the way of the old man; who was now quickly putting his towel into a shopping bag. Louis changed into his navy blue swimming trunks; which had a hole at the back to let his tail out. He put his clothing and his watch into his rucksack and walked to the locker room. He found an empty one near the doorway to the showers. He put his bag in, inserted a twenty p coin into the slot and closed the door and tied the key around his arm.

Louis walked towards the main swimming pool, he stopped at the edge and looked into the clear, cool water; staring at the bottom. Suddenly, he swan dived into the pool. He swam underneath the surface, going back and forth; going from one side of the pool, to the other. After about six minutes, he finally came up. He paddled to the side of the pool and touched the floor of the pool with his feet. He looked around, seeing all of the humans; he was the only Wolfdanion there. Amazing! He thought, absolutely amazing humanity is!

‘Hey look! It’s her!’

‘Eww look at her!’

‘I cant we used to hang out with her!’

Louis turned his head to the other side of the pool, a group of girls; around sixteen in age were arguing. A blonde haired, supermodel body sized girl was shouting to a brown haired, healthy weight teenager girl. Louis climbed out of the pool and slowly walked towards the girls.

‘What do YOU guys want?!’ questioned the browned hair girl in a sarcastic way.

‘Oh nothing… except I think we should enter the pool since YOU have been in it with your disease!’ the leader of the pack of supermodel-wannabe girls said cruelly.

‘Asthma is not a disease you retard!’ answered back the other girl, now getting angry.

The blonde haired girl was about to retaliate, but she saw Louis walking to them from behind the brown haired girl. She stared at him in disgust and a fearful way. She turned around and said to the little gang ‘C’mon! Let’s go! This place is full of filthy creatures!’ and they walked towards the female changing rooms and left out of the brown haired girl sights. The teenage girl was still standing in the same place, her long golden brown hair soaked and her tropical pink bikini wet and shiny. She was furious at the girls.

‘What happened there?’ said a voice behind her, it was calm and warming.

‘Oh…’ the brown haired hair began to say, without looking behind her. ‘It’s just a bunch of stupid girls who think they can be perfect and they bully anyone who is different, especially me because I’m asthmatic.’

‘That all!?’ said the voice. The brown haired girl turned around and gasped. It was not something she was expecting. It was Louis. ‘I know loads of people who are asthmatic and I don’t make fun of them!’

She stood there for a few seconds, taking in that she wasn’t talking to a human.
‘You’re… you’re a Wolfdanion.’ She said without thinking about what she just had said.

He chuckled and joked ‘What gave me away!’

‘Wha… oh sorry for-uh-well…’

‘Heh! Don’t worry; I get that sort of thing all the time! Hi, Louis, Louis Le Grand Et Le Noble Un.’

‘Oh, uh I’m Alice Sapien’ said the girl.

‘Please to meet you Alice!’ Louis told her and shook Alice’s hand; she still couldn’t believe that she was chatting with a stranger who is an alien. ‘Well then’ he started after giving Alice her hand back ‘are you sure you’re alright?’

‘Oh its nothing, I’m fine… no really!’ she added when she saw his You-Don’t-Look-Like-It expression on his face. ‘Anyway, why do you care?’

‘Well, I think everyone, no matter what planet they are from, should always be friendly to each other; even if they are complete strangers.’

‘Okay… sorry, what was your name again?’

‘It’s Louis Le Grand Et Le Noble Un.’

‘That last parts French, isn’t it?’ she asked.

‘Yeah, it is’ Louis answered back ‘it means ‘The Great and Noble One’, but I haven’t been great or noble in my life!’

‘Well should you?’

Louis sat down on the edge of the pool, his feet in the water; Alice didn’t move, not knowing if she should. He looked up at her, ‘Well when we are born… my species we are given last names, that tells you what you will become when you are older.’ Alice finally decided to sit next Louis, who was staring into the clear, chorine full water. ‘God I miss my Planet.’

‘Why?’ asked Alice

‘I… well I’m a traveller, I go around to different planets just looking around. I’ve been doing it for so long, around ten years and I just really miss it so much’

‘So you’re not saying here for long?’

‘Nah, two or three day’s maybe, four at the most. Anyway, why do you care?’ He asked her.

‘What?’ she blushed ‘oh… no reason. So then, how many planets have to visit?’

‘Well let’s see… I’ve been to Dracos, Eidechse-Paradies, Shmuck, and a couple more, but I can’t remember!’ Louis looked up to a large, digital clock that hung on the opposite wall; it read 13:27. ‘Well, I better be off. It was nice to talk to you Alice.’ He got up and began to walk of towards the changing rooms. Alice hesitated for a moment, and then got up as well.

‘Hey wait a minute!’

Louis stopped and turned his head round, ‘Hmm, Yeah?’

‘This is you’re first time on Earth isn’t it?’ she questioned him.

‘Yeah… is this going anywhere?’

‘Well, I’m thinking, that well… maybe, since you don’t know anything about Earth, that well… I could well… you know… be your tour guide?’ she said the last few words so fast and in a shaky voice Louis was just able to hear what she said. There was silence couple of seconds, although it felt like minutes to Alice, she was so anxious.

‘Well, yeah alright.’ Louis answered back, with a smile. Alice looked relieved. ‘But could you first show me where we could eat, I’m so damn hungry!’ Alice smiled and strolled to Louis.

‘Alright, but you have to tell me more about you adventures.’

‘Hmm, good enough deal! Alright then where are we going to eat?’

‘Oh, it’s a secret…’

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment