Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Found

Ummmm...*summary summary summary*...
A guy named Primus is uber special in some way. And he goes on a great adventure (and of course there''''s romance in this book just like every single one of my stories. :3

Chapter 2 - Found

Chapter 2 - Found
FOUND
I ran through the halls, passing officials the whole way. Except I fell over a few times. The drugs weren’t wearing off all the way. I passed other Patients. They either had silver hair like mine or silver streaks. For some reason, all patients have some type of silver in their hair. Someone finally noticed I wasn’t supposed to be running around in the halls without a doctor. They sent people to come after me. Security guards at every corner were after me, shooting tranquiller bullets. I don’t know how I did it, but I dodged everyone (probably because my talent is precognition). One of the guards surprised me when he appeared right in front of the Exit door.
“Surprise!”
I kicked him in the face, making his nose bleed. He cried out, giving me the perfect amount of time to shove him out of the way. I heard a gun shoot behind me. They weren’t using tranquilizers anymore. I had to get out of here. If only I had a car. Before I had found the garage, I took at least $3,000 in cash from the Vaults and shoved them into my bag. I pushed the door open and landed in a garage. Oh. Wrong door. However, there was an advantage to this situation, I now had a car. I jumped into the nicest car I could find. A 1988 Spider. I could recognize cars easily, since I had a lack of entertainment in the Center. I didn’t have much time. But where’s the keys? Under the seat.
“There he is!”
“Damn.”
I started the car and crashed through the garage door. Freedom. I could smell fresh, crisp, autumn air. I closed my eyes for only a moment, then put my eyes on the road. Or…trail. I had never looked outside before, there weren’t any windows in the Center. The Center was set in the middle of a random forest. I had always imagined a desert outside, since this place was in the middle of nowhere. The Spider soon ran out of gas, and I had to abandon it. It’s time to walk on foot, now.
*************

My breathing was in short, raspy gasps. I needed water and food, terribly. Exhaustion was taking over my body. I had no idea what time it was, but it was dusk. I had finally made it into a town filled with poverty. I knew I was going to, but I didn’t know I would feel worse than I did in the Center. Dark circles and shapes danced in my vision. I had to find a place soon, or else I’d probably end up in some mugger’s basement.
A few people showed up feet away, but I was certain they were hallucinations. But then they started yelling. I couldn’t hear them over the blood pounding in my ears.
“Hey! Dad! Look at him!”
“Well…he isn’t in good shape. Probably hasn’t eaten in days.”
“Help him!”
I feel anything else after then. I fell on the hard concrete, and heard a small crack in my head.
*************

“Is he okay?”
“Yeah. Just a small concussion. He’ll be perfectly fine in a couple days.”
I groaned. A girl gasped.
“My head.”
I opened my eyes to see the most beautiful girl in the world that I had seen. Back in the Center, most of the Patient girls weren’t very attractive due to the drugs and treatments they’d been given. This one had soft brunette hair with blue streaks in it. Her eyes were an icy blue, with a kindness in them that made me suddenly feel safe.
“What’s your name?” she asked, her voice was like chocolate, which I heard was sweet, so I gave her voice that description.
“Primus. Yours?”
“Collin.”
“That’s different. I’ve never heard of a girl named Collin.”
She laughed. “Well, now you’ve met one.”
I tried to sit up, and another head rush flowed through my mind. Collin put her hands on my back. They were so warm and comforting.
“Take it easy,” she said.
I smiled at her. She was also the sweetest girl I had ever met. What was she doing being so nice to me? I probably looked so hellish. And she was like a goddess.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah. Thanks.”
I sat up with the help of her arms.
“Can I get you something to drink? Eat?”
“Um…well.”
“We don’t mind.”
“Well, water please.”
“Alright.”
“That was my mom,” Collin said.
Collin was like a miniature version of her mother. But her mother’s eyes weren’t as hypnotizing. Maybe because she was in her late thirties.
“You know why don’t you stay here tonight,” Collin’s father said, “You don’t have a place to stay, do you?”
“No. But I don’t think-”
“Well, of course you can stay,” her mother interrupted, “We have a guest room right down the hall!”
I had never been taken care of like this before. I didn’t feel too comfortable with it right now.
“Umm…I think I’ll just stay on the couch,” I answered.
“Oh.” Mrs. Collin’s Mother hesitated. “Well, that’s okay!”
I tried to help with the cleaning of dinner, but both Collin and her mother refused. Collin’s father seemed to care for my safety, but he didn’t like me very much, I could tell.
“Well,” Collin’s mother yawned, “It’s getting late. We should all get to bed. I’ll get you a blanket, Primus.”
“Thanks.” Where did I get a polite attitude? And manners? Being in this house made me feel like I had to live up to expectations.
Collin’s parents went up to bed, but Collin stayed downstairs for awhile. We watched TV together, and soon she became tired.
*************

“Wha-what?”
I blinked a little. Where’s a clock in here? Wait, I have a watch. 3:13 a. m. I needed sleep. I tried ot lay down some more, and a weight lightly fell on me. Collin.
“Sorry,” I said, “I didn’t mean to wake you.”
She stretched. “You don’t mind me sleeping here, do you?”
“No.”
She snuggled up to me. I had only been here a few days. Of course, I didn’t mind the attraction, but it felt weird. But right. So I just accepted it, laying down on the couch.
“I kind of like you,” Collin said.
“Me too…I guess,” I answered. She smiled.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Rangiku on June 22, 2010, 4:57:21 AM

Rangiku on
Rangikufrack KICKING IN THE FACE KICK HIM IN THE BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PnurpleChild on December 30, 2009, 6:01:19 AM

PnurpleChild on
PnurpleChild"I kicked him in the face" AHAHAHA!