Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Lip Gloss

Ummmm...*summary summary summary*...
A guy named Primus is uber special in some way. And he goes on a great adventure (and of course there''''s romance in this book just like every single one of my stories. :3

Chapter 3 - Lip Gloss

Chapter 3 - Lip Gloss
LIP GLOSS
Whispers filled my ear drums.
“How did she get down here?”
“She must have fallen asleep.”
“Unacceptable.”
“It’s not her fault!”
Collin yawned. Her parents fell silent. I pretended to stay asleep, I’ve noticed that if you’re asleep, a lot happens. So might as well pretend you are to understand everything.
“Why is everyone up?” she asked, still groggy.
“We were just making breakfast, dear,” her mother said. I wish I knew Collin’s last name, so I could give her parents names.
I had to open my eyes a little to get a look at Collin. She was still pretty in the morning. Nothing is going to happen anymore, since Collin woke up. I sat up on the couch. They would talk to her later about last night, when I wasn’t around.
“Oh yeah. You didn’t see him last night, but that’s my brother,” Collin whispered to me. She gestured to a younger version of her dad in the kitchen. Both her father and her brother had blonde hair and brown eyes. They seemed to act the same to. It reminded me of Collin and her mother. I’ve heard of families like this one, but have never seen one.
“Primus, are you hungry?”
“Oh. I don’t need anything. Thanks.”
“You sure?”
“Well…okay.” I smiled. I needed food badly. But I didn’t want to show it.
Afterwards, Collin went up to me before leaving.
“It’s Saturday,” she said, “Do you want to go out with me and my friends?”
“Uh…I don’t think that’s a good idea.”
“Why not? Oh come on! You need to get out!”
She dragged me out the door to wait for her friends. I didn’t like going in a car with complete strangers. Especially after the Center. That place is filled with doctors that no one has any idea of. A girl’s car drove up.
“Hey, Collin! Uh, who’s this?” A girl with almost bleach blonde hair and blue eyes. I couldn’t trust her from the start. There was something about her that wasn’t right.
“This is Primus. He didn’t have a place to stay so…my family kind of him in,” Collin answered.
“Oh…well then join us, Primus!” A ginger piped up. She’s too perky for my tastes. Collin’s friends sucked, other than Collin herself.
“Where are we even going?” I murmured to Collin as we stepped in the car.
“Movies,” she whispered back, then said louder, “Oh well, I should introduce you to my friends.”
“Jillian.” She pointed to a slightly Goth girl sitting next to me.
“Lola.” The evil blonde driver.
“Kris.” A light brunette in shotgun.
“And-” Please don’t call the redhead Ginger. Please, please, please!
“Andy.” Thank God.
“What are we seeing?” I asked.
“Sherlock Holmes,” Collin answered, “I heard it was really exciting. So we’re going.”
Hm…I’ve actually heard of going to see a movie in a theatre. It always sounded exciting to me, but to others, it seemed like a normal thing to do, so I kept a straight face.
The theatre was filled with people nobody knew, and I didn’t like it. I suggested we sit in a corner where no one could see us to Collin, but she said sitting in the middle rows were the best views. So I had to sit there, surrounded by others. The movie soon started, and the man was an insane genius who locks himself in his room, then goes on an epic case to catch a Black Magic sorcerer. Magic actually never existed in the movie, it was just a machine. Though it was interesting to listen to the dialogue. Collin kept on scooting closer to me in her seat, and by the end of the movie she was touching my arm with her head on my shoulder. I thought it was sweet, though. Lola didn’t seem to like me or the fact that Collin was starting to. I didn’t like her either, so we were both caught up on each other and our “acquaintance.”
We were laughing our heads off when we got home, and I forgot why, but she was holding my hand, and that was all that mattered. Unfortunately, she stayed in her room for the night. I was alone this time. She kissed me goodnight, though, when everyone else was asleep. I had never kissed anyone before, and I felt…unpracticed, so to speak. She didn’t notice, or was pretending not to notice, but I didn’t care. It felt good, and I could still taste her cherry lip gloss the whole night through.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment