Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Revenge of Dr. Connors

Draft 2 Coming Soon.

Chapter 7 - Revenge of Dr. Connors

Chapter 7 - Revenge of Dr. Connors
Chapter 6: Dr. Connors’ Revenge

THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN REVISED

        Dr. Connors entered the court room. With a corrupt objective in hand, he would pull out his iPresentation projector out from his pocket. “Welcome, Dr. Dominic Connors, to Washington DC.” The General stated as Connors continued to set up his presentation. “Thank you sir.” Connors replied, politely but with an air of irritation. “Thank you for joining me in this, General Rodreguez. Now let me begin.” He said, silencing the entire court room. The lights dimmed down as he began speaking. “As you know, hundreds of years ago, terrorism was a problem. We made extra preventions and provisions, though, with a bit of financial deprivation till 2011, and we succeeded and built the Skyway Patrol, first for airline security and then later, defense when intergalactic terror was at our feet. Though, now, we face a new threat. A gene known as Caliga, as we call it, is a cancer on the mind.” He changed the slide, and showed a diagram of the mind. “Not literally, of course, but a threat nonetheless. It makes the victim violent, powerful, and calculative. Basically, it makes the brain into two organs, separating the left and right halves. Though this does create a more intelligent and logical being, this also creates a being that is extremely offensive, and manufactures a threat on our society.” Silence filled the court room still, only mild whispers of disbelief stopped total silence. “Though, using specialized weapons, based on a system that eradicates the Caliga gene and destroys the cells of the body, along with a design of armor that prevents all but pure air from filtering in, we may be able to destroy this threat before it breeds and spreads.” Dr. Connors concluded, not convincingly though. He kept going through slides on the more technical parts of the system, and how it would help. Though, nothing seemed to work. The lights came back on, and Dr. Connors was met with almost complete annoyance being the reply to his presentation. Though, one set of eyes did not see that. One set of eyes was in fear. “Dominic, may I speak with you separately before we take our final vote?” The General said, as they both walked out of the room.

        “Connors, it was over years ago. It isn’t still living on anymore. We locked off the base, remember?” The general said with fear in his voice, trembling. “John, Marcus’s death, it wasn’t an accident.” Dominic said with a serious tone. “Are you mad?!?” John yelled, looking both fearfully and with an inference of Connors being insane did he stare him down. “There was only the kid and Marcus in the room at the time, and he didn’t know about the project outside of your pre-project work on the subject. How could he be involved in this?” “Sir, it was Adam’s kid if you remember in the room. Adam was said to have gone insane the last few days of his life. Something drove him mad. I think he was infected.” Connors concluded. The general took a step back, and started pacing, fear and intense thought in his eyes. He stood back up and looked directly at Connors. “If your evidence is in line…” “His journal states it, sir.” Connors concluded, as he handed General Rodreguez the journal. “Then we will have to fund the program. There is no choice. The vote will be canceled and your biological counter warfare program’s first target must be the child. He needs to be dead, Dominic. Don’t take your life’s spiral into account when you capture him, kill him on sight. Understood?” John concluded. “Yes sir, I understand.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment