Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Selling Your Spark To The Devil

Draft 2 Coming Soon.

Chapter 17 - Selling Your Spark To The Devil

Chapter 17 - Selling Your Spark To The Devil
Chapter 17: Selling your Spark to the Devil

Jenny was still in her room, after 2 weeks of performing calculations and back alley routes. She tried all she could do to find who the Shadow Ghost was, and take revenge on Sheldon's killer. She would not forget that day ever. A knock was heard on the door. "Jen, open up, it's been 2 weeks. We need to talk." Jenny let Brad inside her room, now a mess of oil cans and caffine pills. Her bed, though not used in weeks, had been messed and trashed. Papers lied on the floor across her room, having mathamatical calculations and news articles on the masked man. Her windows were shut, her cameras destroyed, and her door containing more locks than a prizon cell. "Jen, you need to resume your life. Finding his killer won't solve anything. It won't take away the ache in your heart." He sat down next to Jenny, and put a hand on her shoulder. "It won't take away the pain in your chest. It won't take away your sadness." Jenny got back up, shooing away Brad's arm. "I know, but it will feel good to kill him." Jenny said, with a grim smirk on her face. Brad was disgusted by her utter disregard for him and everyone else. He knew it wasn't even about Sheldon anymore. She just wanted revenge. Brad confronted her "Jenny! This isn't you! Your not a revenge bent freak! This isn't the girl I fell in love with." He paused as she stopped smiling for a second. His tone grew softer. "This isn't the girl Sheldon fell in love with!" Jenny was silent for a moment, tears in her eyes. She yelled with all her heart. "Well, maybe that girl died with Sheldon! I haven't been the same, and now I've cracked!" She said as she starred at her bent metal, rusted from her moist room. She cried as she began to say "I need to do this, or I will never be normal again! Can't you understand that?" She turned around, heartbroken. Brad left, hopeless in the attempt to save Jenny from her dark cycle of revenge. Though a voice came. A observing voice. A dark voice. "I can help you XJ9. I know how to find this, Shadow Ghost. As you call him. We both seek the same thing, revenge." The mysterious voice bellowed to her. She looked closer and asked "Who are you?" Jenny said as she stared the shadowy figure in the face. "Call me Dr. Connors. I can help you." He smiled maniacly as he laughed a deep, demonic laugh. When Jenny smiled when she heard this, she sold her spark to the devil.

Jenny flew to Dr. Connors lab, still curious as to who he was and how he could help her. They met at his mansion in Upper Tremorton. "Wow, how did you get all this money?" Jenny said, amazed by the large and wonderous home. She was in awe by its size and classical decor. "Biomechanics, my dear. This scientific field I've been working in. Now, when I heard of you, I was impressed. Though, soon I saw potential, and finally, I saw an ally. Are you trying to get vengance on, the Shadow Ghost, by any chance?" Jenny smiled a sinister grin when she heard this. They both laughed manically, both consumed by their insane lust for revenge. "How, though, how?" Jenny asked as Dr. Connors paced. "It is acually pretty basic XJ9. Humans are built of many cells, that work and grow over time as they age, and eventually weaken. Though, I have figured a way to use the cell's growth on a mechanical being. You need more power than you could ever dream of to defeat him. I can help you get that power. I can help you have your vengance." Jenny listened intently, as he talked more indepth about his advances. "I just need your trust, and your alligeance. Then you may exact your revenge." He said, convincing and assuring. Jenny thought about this, and then finally ended quickly it with 2 words. "I accept." she said while she shook her hand. Dr. Connors smiled. He knew he was now the puppet master of the most powerful being on earth, and he could make her even stronger. Noone was in control, but him. He could persuade her, coax her, and control her to do anything. How did he know this? He saw the same dark look in her eye when he though about Adam. He knew they both had the same target, why not ....help.... her in the right direction.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

power9x on June 2, 2007, 4:16:34 AM

power9x on
power9xBefore you read the story, if you are reading to review it or comment it, read the chapter Forty Six and 2. It won't make as much sense without the whole story, though it will show the best of my abilit, maybe. I think it's good.