Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Viva La Resistance

Dictators rise. Empires fall. The dead rise again. The war begins.

Chapter 3 - Viva La Resistance

Chapter 3 - Viva La Resistance

Okay, this is the last chapter. Okay, it isn't really but you get the idea. I'm writing a sequel when the first one hasn't been finished releasing. I really need to manage the time better. I'll continue posting on this one if I get some more comments (not from me) on my first fan fic in this storyline: In The Shadows. This one summarizes what happens in In The Shadows, so reading ITS before reading PTW is suggested. I haven't posted all of ITS, but I'm posting the rest of it over the course of the next 3 days. Until then, enjoy the first real chapter in Path To War.

 

Chapter 2: Viva La Resistance

"Is the subway's cleared from the area?" Ashley said, waving to Yang, asking if he has blocked the signals on this path. "The signals for activity are blocked, the train's path redone. Robin, how's the injured doing." Yang said, concentrating really hard, moving in members of the resistance, opening pathway's though destroying and rebuilding rubble with his mind. "They are not all recovering from this new partical beam, it replicates your bullets Angel. The dark ones. This doesn't look good for us, that advance in technology. How could they get this information? How do they keep getting on even, no, higher ground than us?" Robin said, healing the injured with his shadow hands powers. He could turn his hand into a perminable form, able to go through anything and steal or heal someone from the closest point to the grave, reconstructing their cellular structure. "Well, you deserve to know, but not now! We have to blockade this area for us!" Ashley replied, waving in more refugees and shooting more enemy soliders. "Mom, are we going to be okay?" Yin said. Meanwhile, the subway was quickly filling up with people, soliders chasing the ones not inside down the street. The first 3 barricades had fallen. 2 more to fall and their position was screwed. "Yes Yin, were going to be okay. Just keep watching over..." Yin was frustrated by her guardian. "Why don't I ever get to use my powers, Mom? I want to help but you keep holding me back! I can fight off these guys!" Ashley burrowed her annoyance with her sweat from holding up a wall that Yang didn't have the ability to reconstruct at the moment. "Yin, I would, but your powers are undiscovered to you!" "But, you know them, right? And, you just told Robin and Yang, you didn't force them to discover their powers! I am as useful as a normal person, though I have a 48's potental!" " Well, normal people aren't useless!" "Yea, but you did tell Robin and Yang their powers, right?" Ashley was losing paitence with Yin, so she tried to shoo her off as she spoke. "Yes, though we don't have time! Some things are better discovered, not told also. Just help out by using the shadow rifle and keeping off the turrets outside." "Hey, I wanted to use that..." "NOT now, Robin! I've dealt with you all day. I don't want any more complaining, or I'll replace you with John, who is incharge of child duty." "Fine." Robin concluded. Then, everyone was inside of the safe zone. No one was left unchecked. The resistance had relocated sucessfully.

Now safe for the rest of the day, with a sigh of relief, Ashley called Yin down. "Yin! Get down here, it's secure now! We can't let anyone stay up there!" "Okay mom!" Yin said, reentering the subway station. The confusion continued for a few more minutes, people finding family and prayers were heard of all kinds, but then, when quiet settled in, Ashley stepped up and began to talk. "Fellow Resistance! I bring good news at this relocation! I have came up with a plan to defeat the Biorulers and regain freedom! With help from the past, we will be able to topple this giant!" A man intrurrupted from the back of the audience. "You don't mean, the other two members of the trilogy?" Everyone began to chatter in suprise, delight, and fear. Cries of hope for the other 2 of the 3 greats would come. Shreiks of fear for the soon coming war that would ensue. Though, mostly, their were gasps of unexpectancy. "Yes, the other 3 will be reclaimed soon. As the story goes, long ago, the Roboticants brought doom and salvation to us. They helped us and betrayed us, though one day, they were destined to save us. The last surviving one, would save us. Now, only one exists in this day! As you know, that one is one of the Trilogy, me being the last member not enslaved. With all the trilogy together, we can take back this world, for freedom!" Cheering commenced after this "I have discovered a plan to reclaim her, though unfortunately, she is at the heart of the Forbidden City, along with the Reclaimer." Many murmers of intrest went on as Ashley continued. "Though, I have decided that I will go alone into the Gorbidden City..." At this point, many cries of outrage were heard from Ashley's ears. One man took stage. "Are we supposed to stay here and let our leader die? Our hero? Our guardian angel?" "If you'd like to put it in those terms, yes." A Indian woman bearing a child got up. "What will be your protection aganist the masses of Bios? They'll kill you instantly!" "If you have seen me in battle, which I know you have, you'd know that I'm ready for this." "But..." "Silence! If I go alone, I'll be able to sneak into town, and escape with the Metal Omen. If we all go, we'll be killed at the gate. Let me remind you that the Forbidden City also has the reclaimer." Questioning whispers were heard. "Yes, the reclaimer is in the Forbidden City. Though, he is in the fortress of the Iron Man. The Iron Man's biosuit will not be able to be defeated by none other than the Metal Omen, and possibly she will need the help from the entire Trilogy. I end my speech and you can now resume your lives. Make camp for the next week, the barricade will hold till then." Ashley said, stepping down from the podieum.

The shadow children and Ashley sat down near the inner wall and next to an abandoned hot dog cart. The silence gripped with the background noises taking hold, till conversation began. "So... why are you killing yourself again?" Yang said. "I'm not for god's sake! I'm just quickly getting Jen... no, the Last One. In and out, no problem's to it. I'll use a stealth kill if someone discovers me." Ashley said. She though "Damn it, can't let my tounge slip, they'll start asking questions." "Mom don't go alone..." Yin whimpered. "I have too, sweety, sorry." "So you really have to Angel? Wow, this will, wait, what's a Jen?" Robin asked. Ashley was infuriated by Robin's carelessness, forgetting he didn't know her. "Her name's Jenny! Don't call her a thing, you ignorant pompous bastard!" Ashley yelled with all her voice, covering her lips with her hands, startling the nearby people. The area filled with silence, eyes of confusion glaring at her. "Continue ignoring us, this is private, I don't intrude into everything you say." The talking continued. "Well, who's Jenny then? You seem really stressed on this issue." Yang finally said. Ashley sighed and began to whisper. "She... is the Metal Omen. That's all your going to know." "Well, we deserve to know!" Yin cried out. "Actually, I side with 5 year old in a 16 year old's body on this one, we do deserve to know." Robin replied, seconds later being whipped in the head by the Shadow Rifle Yin was carrying. "OW! God Yin! I was kidding! That'll take all night to heal!" Robin murmmered, in massive pain. "Alleast you didn't insult me, it'd be the cart if it was me." Yang replied, continuing after a smirk from Robin. "Though, I do agree, we deserve to know! You're part of this whole conspiracy thing, aren't you?" The 3 stared at Ashley, cornering her eyes and stuttering her sentences. She knew it was time for them to know, she just wanted it to be after they regained independence. She finally looked down and began to speak. "Okay..." the 3 looked at her more intently, but less harshly. "I know more about it than I'm letting on." Ashley confessed. The fierce stares stopped and the casual mood recommenced. "Well, do tell, Ms. Connors, do tell." Robin said in a bad talkshow voice. "Okay, first of all, don't ever, I repeat, ever do that again."

"The first thing you need to know is that the Forbidden City has a name. It is Tremorton. Tremorton, is the place where I became one of you." The 3 each intrurrupted "(Yang) Was it becoming a 48?" "(Yin) Was it becoming a teenager?" "(Robin) Was it becoming a person that fights a government dominated society and takes safety next to a 15 year old cart of weiners?" "(Ash) Ha ha, very funny Robin. Actually, it was all 3. Mostly the first one, the second one two, and somewhat the 3rd one, as much as I hate to say it. I became the rebel moreso in NYC than in Tremorton. Continuing, I was moving in with my dad, him being a doctor, and he was following a new lead on a case he had studdied for many years now. Though, when we moved, he became..... abusive. Over time, his rage grew, he started blamming my mom's death on me, and the yelling wouldn't stop ever. Yin, remember the happy place you used to go to?" Yin nodded in agreement. "That was my 5 year old life. That's how I discovered your powers. My last name, is Connors. Remember the friendship bracelet you gave your friend when you were there?" "I still remember it. I'm wearing it now!" "Well, the other half, it was mine." Ashley pulled out of her pocked the other half of the false gold friendship heart. Yin stared into it, gazing at what this was leading to. "You can bend time Yin. I couldn't tell you till you discovered it though, because it was different from all the other powers. Unlike healing, telekenisis, projectiles, flight, alternate beings, costume generation..." Robin was somewhat tripped up on what the costume generation was. "Costume generation? Did I hear that right?" "Yes, 1/2 of my Arch Angel outfit was made by, well, I'll get to it later. The reason why it's different is that it isn't controled by movements and thoughts. It is controlled in a way that only you could understand. You know one day, you will be able to use this. Will you use it wisely?" "Yes Mom!" "Okay, good." Ashley said with a smile on her face. She continued "Though, my 3rd day there, I was just walking through the city, when I decided to take a shortcut through the bad end of town. It wasn't the smartest choice, but for some reason, I wanted to get home fast, to avoid punishment. Though, I was soon...... captured, it being dark out and all." "By a Bioforce? What about a PDS squadron?" Yang guessed. "No, it wasn't! Stop guessing and intrupting! This was pre-bioforce stuff, or not maybe, well, it did exist, but it wasn't anyways. It was by a.... pimp." Ashley said with a sigh. "What's a pimp mom?" "It's.... someone that sells..... some women...... for..... uh..... um, well..... sex." She said, shrugging at the statement. The 3 teens were astonished by this. In the NWO, along with enslavement left crime a thing of the past. A Utopia without freedom. That was the law.

Ashley continued. "Please, it's as embarrasing for me to say as it is for you to hear. He was......" she breathed in before speaking again. "breaking me in. Robin, put your hand down, I'm not going into that. I almost lost hope, thinking I'd be a slave the rest of my life. But, then, suddenly, miraculously, I was rescued by a boy named Adam Willams. He was the first 48. He had powers that consumed him and turned him into a force of unstoppable power. His shadow and himself were one. He used it in battle, and was almost invincible. He is the Reclaimer. He will reclaim our freedom. Iron Man, the king of the Bioforce, he was out to kill Adam for revenge. That was my father." The 3 grew silent and put their heads down. "So... you were?" "I was the angel in the stories. Adam gave me the name. Arch Angel, a pure being, his love. We, were in love. We, did some things, that I don't advise someone your age to do, though we were underage..." Ashley said, blushing. "Okay, so you fracked him, big deal." Robin said. Ashley's bliss ended as she smacked Robin. "Don't insult me with that language Robin! By the way, it was a big deal. That's how I got my powers, was able to adopt you guys, formed this resistance, and we all wouldn't be alive today without them! Now, continuing. Though, we weren't the only ones in Tremorton. There was 2 other people. Jenny and Brad. Jenny was this robot girl. She was built to protect the world." "Then why isn't she doing that now?" Robin asked. "Long story... telling it NOW! Well, Brad was her love." "Mom, robots can fall in love?" "Yes, and they were very close. Though, one thing was wrong from perfection. The first victim of the Bioforce, was this guy named Sheldon. Sheldon was a geek, and had a life consuming crush on Jenny. They went out for a while and when Jenny heard that he was killed by a sniper, she lost it. She felt it was her fault that he had died, because he had a few breaths before his death that he told Jenny to let him die. Unfortunately, she was convinced by my father that we, us 48s, were responsible. She tried to kill Adam, but failed when I intervined. Unfortunately, when I rushed to the dieing Adam, my dad killed me. He stabbed me through the heart. I got the 48s from Adam, and you got it probably from me. As I went across the world, I saw more and more. It wasn't us. It was change. Though, Dr. Connors, my father, sought to kill us all. That is why we are enslaved, human and 48. So that he can ensure his goals of revenge. Adam, was captured that night. He is being experimented on every day. That's how they get the newer weapons. I'm sorry I didn't tell everyone the full truth, and used symbolism." Ashley conculded. "Mom, your personal journey is very inspirational, but I understand why you used symbolism. It allowed us to think the story was bigger than it was." "Though, it is big. My dad rules the earth now! Something small can have a big effect." "So, what's the plan?" Yang asked. "The plan is none of your business!" "Come on Mom, you can't do it alone." "(Yang) Yea, Ms. Connors, you just can't." "(Ash) So, your going to help wheither or not I want you to." "(RB) That pretty much sums it all up in one statement." "(Ash) Okay, you can help break me in, but that's it. I need to speak to Jenny personally." "Okay Mom. So, what's the plan?" "Are you ready? Okay, so 5 steps are in this plan. Step 1: Break in as citizens everyday. Well blend in as long as we don't show our shadow scars. Robin and Yang, that'll take some thinking, seeing as Yang you have it on your legs, arms, and neck as one line, and Robin, you have it on your hands. Yin, your lucky. You don't have one scar on your body. I, meanwhile, am a felon, so I can't just sneak in. I was going to use my shadow guns as shadow camo, but using connections for you guys to clear areas seems much better to me. Step 2: Kick @$$. Self Explanitory. Step 3: Find Jenny. That's for me to do. Step 4: Talk with Jenny. Once again, for me. Step 5: Get the hell out of there. See step 2 comment. Everyone must be linked telepathicly, okay?" "Okay" was what everyone said. "Good, now at 10:00 PM, when everyone is going home, we'll enter the killzone." "Though I have to heal this first!" Robin replied. "Just shut up, you wanted to go!"


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment