Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Flight

Dictators rise. Empires fall. The dead rise again. The war begins.

Chapter 4 - Flight

Chapter 4 - Flight
Chapter 4: Flight


        In the pitch black of the night, Ashley, Yin, Yang, and Robin got out of their sleeping bags on the floor. Ashley, the one to wake the others, was filled with energy and her voice was eager and ready, with a hint of annoyance from the slow moving Robin. “Angel, god, why did you wake us up so fracking late?” He muttered, yawning at the same time. “You’re an @$$, you know that.” Ashley retorted at his comment. “You beg to go, and then, after 10 minutes of being up and ready for the mission, you’re complaining. If anyone is in the position to do so, I am!” She whispered in a way that seemed she was holding back a yell. “Yin, Yang, you two go keep an eye out for Black Plagues.” They nodded, looking out for the Bioforce’s nighttime patrol. “Robin, stop being an asshole and start helping. To do that, remember the plan at once, and we’ll be off in a moment. I’ll be lone while Yang levitates” Robin interrupted her instructions with a shocked remark. “Levitating? What the hell does that have to do with anything?” “We need to get there, right? Well, flight is the fastest and safest form of transport. So…” Ashley began to become impatient with Robin’s constant interruption. “If you forgot, Angel, I fracking hate flying! You know I have a huge @$$ fear of heights!” “Well, you wanted to go.” “But!” His cry was intrupted by noticing he was hovering in air, Yang nearby. “Are we ready, Ashley?” “Yeah, we are, let’s lift off.” As they lifted into the air, Robin’s screaming was becoming louder and louder. “Shut up!” Yelled Yin as Ashley hovered over and enwrapped Robin’s lips in her dark shadow, it transforming into Duct Tape. “Silence is golden, duct tape is silver I guess.” Yang claimed, as they flew off into the brisk night sky.

        As they flew through the air, enshrouded by the cloud cover above them, Ashley began to speak. “Well, thanks for not complaining you two. I really appreciate it. Now for Robin…” She said as she smacked him, pointing his head downwards, him screaming in controllably and madly when he saw the ground so high up from his dangling body. “There, you’ll stay that way till landing.” Ashley stated, as Robin gave her a flying bird, soon resuming his scrambling around in air. “Well, Yin, you’ll be with me. We’ll try to free Jenny from her house, if she’s still alive.” “What do you mean, still alive?” Yin asked, puzzled. “In this world of uncertainty, anyone can die at any moment.” Yang interrupted “Even a super powered teenage cyborg with unlimited transformations?” He retorted, humorously. “Though seriously, I doubt she’s dead. Why are we saving her? From what I think, she could turn on us at any moment, or maybe had her mind washed by The Bioforce Captain. He was nicknamed “Master of Puppets” by you, wasn’t he?” Ashley looked away, and sighed. “Even though he is an evil bastard and I hate him with every living fiber in my body, he still is my father. He wasn’t always this way. Just, the day his colleague died, which ends up, was killed by a newborn Adam, every thing started to go downhill. He was a good man, at one point, my mother used to tell stories of their youth. Though, when his colleague died, he felt like it was his fault, because he had left his project just days before. He began taking his work, and abandoning the world very slowly. Finally, when my mother gave birth to me, she received worse and worse reports of her medical condition every day. Said her late life birth threw off her body. When I was 7 years old, she died of a brain aneurysm. Her death was what started my father as being abusive. He said I was to blame. Soon, his work would take a dead end, and he would start to lose money. We were poor for about 3 years, until he inherited my grandparent’s fortune. His project reneging, but tragedy soon struck him again. I didn’t know this part of the story till I had been reborn, and over heard it when he was torturing Adam. In my human form, I had internal breathing problems, and I would die in a year, my 17th birthday, and it was because of the years of whipping that had caused me to hyperventilate regularly. He lost hope again. Though, he still had the feeling that if Marcus, his colleague, hadn’t have died, it wouldn’t be this way. That day wrecked his life. Once, though, that he found out, in an asylum, that Adam was Marcus’s murderer, he became a twisted shell of a man. He considered me his only hope, till he discovered I slepted with Adam. Then, he was going to kill me.” Silence ensued for a spilt second, ending when they realized that she was killed. “Different occasion, by the way. He succeeded later, using a tool he knew he could manipulate, for Jenny had the same thing happen to her, he thought, and she agreed. Though, once she realized she had been played, she swore revenge. It was the last thing I heard before all consciousness left my body. He killed her love, and I knew she would swear revenge. Though, I knew she would become the same psychopathic maniac he had, only fighting against him, not for him, if I didn’t do something. So, in my last breath, I had my soul spirit leave my body through my ring, and corrupt her memory, so she wouldn’t follow the same path. I thought I had lost and I was dead forever now, that my regeneration spirit had left. Though, I did return, and it took years of retraining to gain back my powers. Why I did, I guess, was the fact that Adam’s prescience rebirthed the spirit inside me, and I healed. Though, I would also like to point out all 3 of you do not know how lucky you are to be alive. There were thousands of you, and they were all killed over the years.” A long pause took the 4, as a single tear sprouted from Yin’s eye, soon turning into thousands, as she wept for her lost sisters and brothers of the league. She thanked god that Yang survived, but her friends, her life, was taken by war. She was crying uncontrollably soon, overtaken by the dark sadness. Ashley slowly approached her, and tried to calm her. She began to say “It’s oka…” Though, Ashley was soon interrupted by a explosive amount of energy, only seen before when Adam attacked Jenny at that fateful night, the pure spirit exploded from every pore in her body, scaring her across her entire body, the scar looking as a chain, chaining her body and powers. “IT’S NOT OKAY!” She yelled and cried as the dark mass spread across the area. Though, without realizing it, she had frozen the time around her. She soon regained control of the powers, still in the dark status.

        Though, she soon stepped forward, falling, not through clouds, but through time, into a dark middle realm. She hit the ground in this dark realm, and saw the skies of darkness surround her, but the clouds above her still the same, looking through the rift. She gazed into the black darkness, and saw a 16 year old boy sitting down, playing a guitar, singing. He had dark black hair, a t-shirt with a skull on it, and a darkness scar across his eye. He sang “My shadow’s…. Shedding skin…. I’ve been picking… Scabs again….” concentrating on the rift. Yin approached slowly, and finally said, “Hi, who are you?” very nervously. He suddenly stopped playing, and looked up. “Why, I’m fracking surprised. How did you get here?” He said cynically. “Oh, well, I just… well… you see.. I’m part of a race…” The boy interrupted soon. “Of super powered human beings that have the ability for their souls to harbor their mind, their by controlling a super natural force, and now this one asshole has taken over the planet and is killing all of our kind, right? How many left, you, me, 1 or 2 others?” he said, continuing tuning his guitar. “Uh… how did you know all that? And where am I?” “Well, kid, you’re in the Dark Realm, and if in a burst of rage, sadness, or even joy, you got too emotional, you might have ripped time and landed yourself here.” “It was sadness, and there’s 3 left other than me and you. That doesn’t answer my first question.” “Well, I have a question first, do you know even who the frack I am?” Yin was drawn back by his annoyed look on his face, like she was some kid who didn’t know anything about the Shadow People. “Well, you’re another 48, another Caliga, another Shadow person, another one of us for sure.” She said, trying to regain footing in his mind. “Also, you seem pretty important, and you also….” He started playing again as Yin turned away, trying to figure out how to escape. Though, while walking back, she had a thought. Yin suddenly came to the conclusion at who she was looking at. It wasn’t some arrogant kid who had 48s, it was the one. Ashley’s love, the savior. She didn’t expect him to be such an @$$, but he still was important. “Ashley’s still alive!” She turned and proclaimed, saying it fast. Suddenly, he exclaimed, “SHE IS?” And they were both sent back to their minds. Adam, back inside his chains, back inside his trap, had a glimmer of hope in his eye, as he said to the guard that was trying to shock him back into his low activity state “The end is here.” As he kept fighting the shocks and pain, he began laughing maniacly, till another squad used tazers, to knock out the test subject. Back in the air, the 4 regained their place in Space/Time as Yin said “He’s still alive…”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment