Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Fallen Angels

Dictators rise. Empires fall. The dead rise again. The war begins.

Chapter 7 - Fallen Angels

Chapter 7 - Fallen Angels
Chapter 6: Fallen Angels

        Jenny sat alone in the room again, over taken by the reality of her seculsion, being forgotton from the world again. She sat in the room, and began to hear footsteps. These footsteps were, of course, the footsteps of Ashley Eve Connors, though Jenny didn’t think that. She thought it had been another halucination caused by her seculsion. “Go away….” Jenny said, holding back all your tears. Ashley ignored this and slowly walked down the stairs, the quiet from the immense gunfire above was calming and startling simultaneously. Each step was the only sound heard until Jenny began repeating over and over that she wasn’t real and that she was still alone. The room was oddly bright and blank, kind of like a dream. Though, still, Jenny’s muttering continued till Ashley placed her hand on Jenny’s shoulder, she sat down next to her, and spoke. “Jenny Wakeman, otherwise known as Global Response Unit XJ9, I know you’ve been alone for 35 long years.” Jenny stopped believing it was a hallucination and started believing that Ashley was an annoying person out to bug her. She stood up, un amused, with a tone of seriousness in her voice. “I don’t know who the hell you are, or why the hell you know who I am, and I don’t care. Get out, now. I’ve been here alone for a while now, I don’t need sympathy.” Jenny said as she stepped over to the Nanonytes to free her memories. “You’re even trying now to free your past. You can’t run from it any longer, Jenny, when it’s staring you in the face.” Ashley said, staring at Jenny hard and almost parentingly. “Your not my mom, and she’s dead, so I don’t need to listen to your bullshoot telling me what to do.” Jenny retorted as she shoved Ashley over. Ashley sighed, knowing she would now have to stop letting on and go out with it. “Jenny, I know your past. I can free it for you. I was the one who corrupted it.” Ashley finished, looking down. Jenny began to cry, tears swiping her face, and turned to yell. “So you’re the one who wrecked my life! YOU frackING dog! You threw away my memories and trapped me here! You……” Jenny was interrupted from her rant by Ashley. “It was for you own good, Jenny.” Jenny was outraged that she would even dare say it. “FOR MY OWN frackING GOOD? MY OWN GOOD THAT I WOULD BE AN OUTCAST! FOR MY OWN….” Jenny was once again interrupted by Ashley. “You have every reason in the world to hate me, but that isn’t a reason why not to trust me.” Jenny was taken aback by this comment. She stepped back and quieted down her amplification settings. Ashley continued as she hadn’t been interrupted. “Jenny, your memories were corrupted to save you, without them, you’d be dead by now.” Jenny stepped back again. “What do you mean, dead?” Jenny whispered. “Just let me return them to your mind, and the memories will speak for themselves. Lives are at stake. The entire world’s freedom is at stake, and now that you’ve been contacted, you’re life is at stake. I need to do this.” Jenny stepped back as Ashley tried to approach. Their struggle looked as it would continue, but they were interrupted soon enough. “Mom, we’ve got company!” Yin yelled, trying to hold back the oncoming Bios. Soon, the weight of the doorway knocked Yin back, and down the stairs. Now bleeding, Yin was sagged at the bottom of the stairs, the door still holding for the moment. Ashley ran over, instinctively, and picked up the almost unconscious Yin. “No! You can’t die on me!” Ashley cried, sobbing at the same time, eyes filled with tears, at Yin’s dying body. Yin’s eyes were filled with tears of pain, and of sadness. Ashley kept performing CPR, doing no effect on Yin, falling in and out of conciousness, blood flowing from her cracked skull. Though, moments later, Yin passed out, and fell limp into Ashley’s arms. “No….” whispered Ashley, as she had the day she had died. Jenny saw the heartbreaking moment, and tears filled her eyes, as she hadn’t remembered them doing since her mother died. Ashley looked straight into Jenny’s eyes, dropping a single tear. “You see? You see what time has done? The truth, were at war! The government is a tyranny ruled by a dictator that is my father, that wants to destroy our kind, the Caliga, the 48s. Were like you, super powerful beings that are misunderstood, and now, purely fodder for genocide. There’s only 4 of us left if she dies!” She cried, sobbing tears now, mourning. “Jenny, it’s he that killed your mother, locked you here. I wiped your memory so you wouldn’t try to go out and fight him, he’s too powerful.” Jenny’s eyes filled with tears as she began to cry, for this stranger’s lost child. She felt like she had experienced this before, just, she forgot how much it hurt. “She wasn’t my child, by the way. Her parents died a long time ago. I raised her though, she is my daughter, and now, she’s dead.” This drove Ashley into full tears, dripping them and flooding the floor around her. Jenny suddenly, in all the sadness and darkness, felt a feeling of responsibility that she hadn’t felt before, or atleast in a long time. She felt, like, the world needed her, or at least the people who lay in front of her. She ran over, and holstered the shotgun onto her back. She looked down, blankly, tears still in her eyes. Jenny began to whisper “I knew, I knew what the world can do to you. How it can hurt you and tear you apart. I’ve ignored it. Been selfish for too long. You deserve you’re hope. I do not.” Ashley looked puzzled and yet hopeful when she gazed at Jenny. Jenny stopped her blank face and whisper, and began to speak commanding and with a face of authority. “You two, go over there. Keep her blood from flowing too much. She isn’t dead, we can heal her if we act fast.” Ashley put on a small smile, and looked again at Jenny. “What will you do?” She asked. “Time to take out some gate crashers.” Jenny said, with a small smile, as she flew up the stairs.

        Jenny burst through the door, knocking back the guards that were standing there, trying to break it down. 20 or so Bios flooded inwards towards her, but were knocked aback by a single spin kick. One happened to grab her, and she pulled out her shotgun and blasted his armor and head off with a single shot. She lept forward, as another tried to come in from the side, as then Jenny did a kick that picked them up, and flung them forward along with her. Their large body acted as a shield as Jenny guarded from oncoming artillery fire. The body was starting to weaken its armor. “Come on Jen, think!” Jenny said to herself, as she came up with an idea. She transformed her arm into a laser cannon, and lept over the fallen Bio, flying through the air, firing at several targets. One by one, they fell, as she regained her fighting stance, and pulled out her shotgun. As soon as a guard came out from behind her, she fired it, and flung the body at the approaching Bios, throwing them back, so she could take them out with her laser cannon at longer range, as sitting ducks. She moved inwards, ready for a physical assault. As another 2 Bios charged inwards, with electrical swords in hand, she ducked underneath them, and used a hook kick inorder to disarm them. Jenny took the swords, now in her living room, and began to dice through the crowd of Bios that were inside the room. Though, after the fight was over, she heard the cocking of guns and the sound of movement. “Snipers…“ muttered Jenny. As soon as the snipers set up around, Jenny was ready. They all fired at once, a foolish mistake, for Jenny timed her transformation into her armored mode perfectly. Inside her Dragon armor, an armor that replicates a Samurai’s armor with a mask that elongated to allow her pigtails to fit into it and still be functioning (also with an electrical staff. Sorry I’m cramming this, I haven’t drawn it yet), she used her shield power to deflect every bullet back to the sender. Once the snipers were gone, though, the fighting stopped. Though, Jenny knew, they’d be back. It was their capital. Their city. She ran back down the stairs, though, so she could help take care of the two strangers, that had dragged her out of her safe zone, and into the conflict.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment