Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Vicarious

Dictators rise. Empires fall. The dead rise again. The war begins.

Chapter 8 - Vicarious

Chapter 8 - Vicarious


WAIT! BEFORE YOU READ!!! Goto This Upcoming Link, you will need to play the song, Vicarious, by Tool along with this chapter for full entertainment, when instructed. Don't play the MP3 from the beginning, play it when you get to the part that it tells you to play it at.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxy4T4ZCtcI

Chapter 7: Vicarious

        “Are you sure you want to go through with this, Jenny? It may be painful, both emotionally and physically, and your spirit may dampen too. You’re entire life could change after this. Are you ready?” Ashley instructed, as Jenny sat down in the sealed room to the side of the lab, where she had fought holograms many a time, and knew this would be her greatest test of all. She was quiet for a second, and then, said. “Yes, I am ready.” Yin got up, after the short trip into the age reversal chamber, which healed her instantly from the brink of death, ready to watch Jenny’s journey. Ashley started unleashing her powers into the chamber, taking Jenny’s mind and soul. Jenny soon saw a field, peaceful and true. Doves flew by as the wind blew gently. The sun was out and life was bright. Though, she soon saw someone. Someone she remembered fondly. Someone she remembered as her love, her lost love. “Brad!” She cried, and ran towards him. They met together in a loving brace. “Jenny…” He whispered as she tried to kiss him. He moved back and tried to speak. “I’m sorry Jenny, but I can’t do that now. I’m just in your memories, not real. It isn’t possible now. Though, I need to show you something. Something important.” Jenny was taken aback and brought back into the seriousness of the moment. “What. Show me what Brad?” “Your past….”

        They began to walk off into the green, lush plains, filled with life and hope. “Sit.” Instructed Brad as they stopped walking and sat down. “Why are you bringing me here?” Jenny asked, curious. “Jenny, I’m here to tell you your past, so we should begin with your beginning. You were constructed 40 years ago. For 5 years, you were alone, protecting the world, a hero. I soon met you afterwards…” For hours on end, which in reality were just minutes, they talked of the past, remembering killer toys, alien empires, and friendships of mass proprortion. Laughing together, sharing a kiss or two, it was Jenny’s dream. Though, soon, it would turn into a nightmare. “Then, it all ended.” Brad said definitively, stopping at Jenny’s 9 year point. “What?” Asked Jenny, inquisitively. “Here’s the story. You see, once you and Sheldon broke up, he tried to kill himself… Well, the rest of the story you’ll have to discover for yourself.” He said, knives suddenly piercing through his skin, as Jenny remember the small video clip.

        She saw though, a familiar face in the shadows. "Brad?" She spoke weakly in disbelief. "Jenny! They're after me, I need your help! I..." was his last words, a final breath made by him. Blood streamed down his chest, shot through the back. As he fell over the shooter was revealed. "You have failed XJ9, in killing Adam Williams." Dr. Connors said, in his Biosuit. "You knew... you knew your daughter was in love with him, not the SG. He didn't kill Sheldon, you're Bioforce did. I was played..."

        Then, as Brad’s stabbed , bleeding body fell to the ground, the grasses shriveling into dust and the land drying suddenly. Blackness replaced the blue sky and the peaceful times. (Play the MP3 now) “Don’t Die! Please…. don‘t…” She yelled hopelessly, sobbing at Brad’s corpse, for it wouldn’t stop the darkness consuming her, and from the memory of Brad from dieing. All around, the darkness lay. Finally, a voice began to speak out of the darkness. “It’s your fault. Your mistake.” chanted the voices, as she began to remenisce over the dark times that had fallen.

        As her eyes began to fill with tears, the shadows around her suddenly attacked, grabbing her and forcing her to remember the darkness around her, the tragedy. The violent fighting. Screens lit up, showing her seclusion, her days as a Bio, killing, and thriving in it. “Why, why did I do it….” Jenny whispered, still crying, still hopeless to herself. A figure stepped out of the darkness, which Jenny remembered to be Dr. Connors. The man who wrecked her life. He laughed “Dear child, you knew it’d be this way in the end….“ and began to sing to his slave, Jenny captured the darkness around him, as an explosion of energy happened, transforming Jenny from visitor to captive. The tentacles of darkness tightened their grip, as he grew as she shrank. “You’re a sad thing. Not human, wishing to be so. You’re pitiful. You’re my kind of person, because your easy to manipulate.”

I am the TV
Cause Tragedy Thrills Me
Whatever Flavor
It Happens to be


Like
Killed by the husband
Drowned by the ocean
Shot by his own his own son
She used a poison in his tea
And Kissed him goodbye
That’s my kinda story
It’s no fun till someone dies


“You’re a bastard. You wrecked my life, killed the innocent, and lived to tell the tale. You sicken me!” Jenny yelled, the darkness taking her even further. “Oh, my child, you’re just my favorite story. So sad, and I lived, true, but that’s why I deserve to speak!”

Don't look at me like
I am a monster
Frown out your one face
But with the other
Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie

(Jenny)
While the mother holds her child
Watches him die
Hands to the sky crying,
"Why, oh why?"

(Connors)
Cause I need to watch things die... from a distance
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
You also need it too, don't lie

        “I don’t need death to live! Maybe I’m too optimistic for you, but I believe mankind has a chance at survival.” Jenny muttered, the darkness consuming her more and more, as Ashley fought outside to keep her under control. Jenny kept emitting a blue shadow energy from her core, expanding to catastrophic proportions, unless the corrupted memories were put into place. “Ha. Didn’t you see yourself here!” The visions flowed through her. Her eyes filled with tears, as she cried, provoking the darkness farther. Her mind began to cycle, as outside, the blue shadow energy grew to gargantuan proportions. “I don’t need the darkness… I don’t need it, you bastard….” Inside her vision, the darkness finished taking it’s feeding, Her power was too strong though. Very strong. Supremely strong. Bursting from the darkness, evolved, a new robot girl. With angel wings, and a dark streak from her former pains. She looked down, her tears hitting the darkness, pouring holes of light, as she remembered Sheldon, Brad, and her Mom, dying, all that could have been saved. All the sadness she had caused. All the torture she had experience. She chose for it to be this way, why didn’t she change it? “Revenge, it’s what happened..”

(Connors)
Blood like rain falling down
Drawn by the brave and proud

(Jenny)
Well, you’re
Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivorous Voyuer
Stare at the transmitter
Sing to the death rattle

        Jenny began to fly, angel wings guiding her, attacking Connors with all her might. The first few punches were guarded with ease, but she gained speed, her combo growing, till light speed movement gained, and the Doctor was helpless. She pulled a sword out on him, and sliced at his flesh. He just kept laughing, and in one punch, she was back down on her back, as he began to fight back. Though, as she fought, Ashley had to control the blue aura that was encapsulating the entire area. It grew, till it shined brightly, the entire city able to see it. The swords continued flashing, till Jenny sliced off one of Dr. Connors arms, blood flowing, he was disarmed, and with a kick, fell over. Back in the real Dr. Connors chamber, the Biocommander sat, and said just 3 words. “She’s still alive.” In Jenny’s vision, though, Dr. Connors was at her mercy, lying down while Jenny‘s sword stood inches before his chest, kept still by the metallic legs underneath him. He cackled again, mocking Jenny, and continued to sing. “You’re fault, your mistake….” “It is my fault. But I’ll make it right. I’ll make it so that the world doesn’t have to live with my mistake. Mankind still has hope. They just need help so that they aren’t lead astray by people like you. I still believe and hope.” Jenny said, anger and sadness filling her eyes. Her hand raised, preparing to stab down, into his chest. He meerly laughed.

(Connors)
Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men
( Jenny)
I still believe
(Connors)
But pull your head on out
you hippie and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile, so impersonal
Devour to survive... so it is, so it's always been

Jenny stabbed down, blood flowing and mixing with Jenny’s tears, flooding the darkness red. Connors still was living for the moment, though, as he kept singing, still pitying Jenny, as he smiled.

(Connors)
We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

The doctor laughed again at Jenny, moment‘s into death. He still pitied her.
“Vicariously I live while the whole world dies” He said as he died, the entire world turning to black except for Jenny
(Jenny)
Much better you than I

        Jenny then began to fly through the top of the darkness, her tears flying up to create a portal back to reality. As she flew up her aura continued to enlargen, and as it was about to explode, increasing in mass and density.

Growing


Growing


Growing, moments till explosion, but then.


Suddenly, Jenny, collapsed over, passed out, back to the real reality of her past, and future.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment