Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Campgrounds

Dictators rise. Empires fall. The dead rise again. The war begins.

Chapter 11 - Campgrounds

Chapter 11 - Campgrounds
Chapter 10: Campgrounds

“Hey, Vega, how long have we been waiting out here?” Said Yin, now inside a large tent that they agreed to share. When the resistance wasn’t in underground or in tight spaces, the field of tents usually spread large across the area they lain, and while the more powerful members fought at the ridges of the area, Yin was always behind. Unless moving, she usually had a much calmer lifestyle than her brother. She usually was forced to share with Yang because they were related, but this time, she was sharing the tent with Vega, because she was often annoyed with Yang’s stories of valor and bravery. She knew that most of them were just a lucky shot on his part and most of the credit usually goes to Ashley. “About 2 hours. Why?” Vega responded. “Just wondering.” Yin responded. “So, you really were queen of an entire planet for a year?” Vega nodded allowing Yin to continue. “Wow, that’s amazing. What happened, by the way?” “Oh, it’s a long story, but basically, the military of the cluster was still under my mother’s leadership. Soon, a rebellion rose and overthrew me. Not all leaders are bad, though my mother was. She, enslaving the human race. I was banished from cluster prime after that, but I didn’t know what happened to the planet. My other friends would write to me on earth for the next year, but that was it. It was like, the whole planet died or something.” Yin was silent because she just realized that Vega didn’t know that the planet was dead. “Something wrong, Yin?” Vega asked, worried. “Nothing, nothing!” Yin said, awakened from her daze, worried that Vega would keep questioning her. “What’s up, Yin. Do you know something about the sudden stop of letters from Cluster Prime?” Vega asked, interrogatively. Yin was suddenly very nervous, trying excuse after excuse, but the issue kept reappearing. “You shouldn’t know, Vega. That’s not important now.” Yin concluded. She paused for a second and realized she acted as Ashley had many a time before. She regained her normal speaking tone and continued. “How did you get to be a felon anyways?” Yin asked, shooing away the past conversation. “Well, after I landed here, I tried to contact Jenny, you know her as you have said already. I tried, though, I was lost in the deserts. When I landed, I was stranded. For a year, that was the way. Though, soon , I was recaptured by a man named Dr. Connors. He was starting a robotic research project, and told me to join. I refused, and soon, was captured. The other experimental robot captured for use was Melody. I escaped after 3 years of painful experiments. My memories were supposed to be erased, but my Cluster design made all experimentation impossible. Soon, Melody suffered the fate that I was supposed to suffer, enslavement. Though, after my escape, I’ve been on the run for many years. I just have learned of the resistance, and believe me.” Vega clenched her fists and transformed her swords from her arms. “I want to do this.” There was another pause of time between them, when a familiar voice rang in. “Well, Ashley was right you two. Now, robochick go meet the other robochick and baby girl meet this other guy. We have work to do.” Robin proclaimed as the two girls chased him from the tent.

        “You’re an @$$, you know that, right?” Jenny said to Robin as she was walking from the spot that Adam and Jenny had landed at. “Well, since Ashley and Yang aren’t here yet, meet two other members of this weird @$$ group.” Robin said, ignoring Jenny’s comment. They both looked into the horizon, and saw the two going over the hill. “Vega? Is that you?” Jenny spoke as the two kept walking closer. “It sure is Jenny!” Vega yelled as she ran in to say hi to her. Adam instantly knew who the other one of the two was. He thought it was a halucination, but no, he had seen another shadow soul in the realm. Yin noticed this too, and spoke first. “Well, didn’t know you’d be here.” “Likewise, kid. Who the hell are you, anyways?” Adam spoke as Vega and Jenny went off to the side to catch up with each other. “Yin is my name. Yang’s my twin, who’s with Ashley right now, and….” She was interrupted by an outstretched hand. “Yin, first of all, don’t run off your mouth too much. It’ll piss me off. Second off, you have no darkness scar. How the hell did you invade the shadow realm?” Adam asked as Yin paused and began to speak again. “I don’t need a black scar to prove I’m one of your kind. Though, I haven’t mastered my powers yet either.” Yin concluded. “Oh, okay. Though, in order to do that, you need something that I’ve only seen before. Time powers. The darkness realm isn’t existant in reality, only in your mind. In the time before time existed. Only a sudden outburst of energy by a highly advanced leveled Caliga can do that, and you say you haven’t mastered your powers yet. You’ve got potental, kid. Just want you to know that. Though, don’t get cocky. You’re still young.” Adam concluded and walked away. Silence continued which was interrupted by Robin. “Young? See, I’m not the only one that thinks you’re a baby.” “Shut the frack up Robin, I don’t need lip from you.” Yin spoke.

        Adam walked over to the two robotic girls. “Hello. I already know you, you landed me in Connors prison.” He said, looking at Jenny. “And I know you, your mom landed me in her prison.” He continued, looking at Vega. “Not a very pleasant person, are you Adam? And, how do you know my Mom in the first place?” Vega questioned as he stood still. “Vega, dear, I know all about your mother, Vexus, from the day she was born.” He paused and walked a bit of the ways away from them, turning to look at the sky. “To the day she died.” Vega was stunned by this statement and yelled at him. “My mother is dead?!? How could you know that? She became Queen again, remember? She had protection?!?! Also, if she died, I would have been notified.” “Oh, about that, everyone else is dead too.” Adam said nonchalantly. Vega was infuriated by this statement. Jenny was suddenly nervous, for what had happened to her was happening all over again. “Vega, he’s just talking smack. He has something against robots in general. Just leave it.” Jenny said sternly, with a crack of nerves in her voice. “Jenny, don’t lie. You already know what happened. I’m just trying to make a point for you two to note upset me. I’m here for two things only, to kill Connors and to be with Ashley. I have nothing against you Vega, you let a lot of us slaves free. Why did you keep about 25% of us?” Adam asked, more serious than before. “I couldn’t, the entire planet would crumble. If I had known that my mom would rise back to power.” “You didn’t, though, did you?” Adam interrupted “If you were staring one of those 25% in the face right now, would you be nervous?” “Yeah, I would be a bit.” Vega said conversationally, trying to stop this argument. “Well, you are, and that’s how your planet died, because I killed it. They took the hope from my life and I couldn’t die. Your mother was my only target at first, but soon, my rage encompassed me. Sorry I over did it.” He concluded, with no hint of regret in his voice. Vega was now blazing with anger. “YOU! YOU MURDERER!” Vega yelled, only stopped from attacking by one person. “Vega! Calm down! Getting mad at him won’t solve anything. Trust me, I did, and it landed us in this situation.” Vega became calmer, but also more curious at Jenny’s statement. “What did you say? You landed us in this dictator ship?” Vega asked. “Yeah, tell her about the time you almost killed me, let Ashley die, betrayed your friends because you falsely accused me of murdering some kid you were friends with, and gave the Bioforce their technology they hold today!” Adam yelled, standing at Vega’s side. Jenny’s eyes filled with tears. “The past doesn’t matter now! Were allies now, whether we like it or not!” Jenny yelled at the two. “You two both are not innocent of things we regret. We all, though, have lost something, and are searching for the one who took it. Vega, sure, he destroyed your home, but he was trying to destroy the tyrant that ruled it. He, though having much control, will go. That’s what he came to warn us about. He will kill anyone that upsets him, and it was unlikely you would ever see it again. Adam, Vega isn’t some super princess, like Ashley isn’t some rich girl. She has a mind of her own as much as any other being on this planet. Though, all three of us have one common enemy, and it is definitely the greatest of our enemies. Truce?” Jenny concluded and the three shook hands and agreed to fight as one, not as friends, but as a resistance.


        “So, this is the location?” Yang asked as they flew overhead the subway station that they hid the resistance members. “It looks like they are still hidden without a fight.” Ashley said, surprised. Usually after 2 days, which they were on 3. “Yeah, that’s weird. Like they’re all gathering one area, not here.” Yang replied and pointed to the heavy concentration of Bios near the Airport. “What? The airport? Uh oh, we’ll be fighting sooner than I though.” Ashley replied again. “And we’ve lost the cover of surprise now.” “What?” Said Yang. “What do you mean by lost surprise?” Ashley paused as they began their decent. “We should have struck them off guard, and taken out the city much easier. If they know were there now, though, oh god. Pray that we’ll survive it, okay?” Ashley concluded. Yang stayed silent and they soon entered the subway. There were cheers and other cries of satisfaction of the safe return of Yang and Ashley. Though, question soon flew up, and unsure state. They began asking where Jenny and Adam were, did they leave Robin and Yin, what happened to the mission. The small startled cries grew into an uproar as Ashley took stage. “My fellow Resistance, we now have the tools we need to win this war!” Ashley proclaimed, though the lack of the two others lead to an even larger uproar. “Silence! They are back at the new base where we will move ourselves after this short speech.” The uproar quieted a bit but continued to rage. “Everyone, shut up!” Yelled Yang annoyed. “Ashley, we don’t need to speak till we get there.” Yang whispered back at her. “It’ll be a few hours for flight, but I can get them all there in about 10 minutes if we use teleportation. I can’t teleport you, though, because your darkness aura won’t allow of it. You should just go, and I’ll start taking them there. Thanks for getting me here.” Yang concluded as he began speaking to the angry crowd. “People! We need order if we are to do this!” The yelling quieted as Yang began to speak again. “Good, now, instead of our usual flight pattern, since we know the exact location of the base, we will use teleportation. Now, I want everyone to be completely still. I’ll have to do this one at a time. Set up your tents and families at the site, we’ll take care of defense. We will also need all the strength we can get, so anyone capable of fighting the Bios, we will arm you and train you.” The room took a serious tone as Yang took a pause. “Those who do not wish to go into battle for personal reasons but are capable, you must tend to the sick and the injured. This will be no walk in the park, by the way. There is a likelyhood that not one of us will survive. Though, hiding will just ensure that fate. They are at a critical point. They will never be at this weakness again, and we will never have this strength. The other 4 that you were speaking of are at the base already, for Ashley will fly to the base instead of teleportation.” The room regained a disgruntled feel as Yang finished speaking. Ashley got back up to the podieum. “Though, I would like to say, that no matter what happens, we will make an impact. The strongest weakness of any tyrant is that if fear is lost, control will lose itself. Our weakening of the foundation of that has put us into the position to take attack. Even if the resistance dies, the rebellion will never end. It has only begun. I assure you, not all of us will survive. Our numbers are about a thousand, while they are in the billions. Though, this world does not deserve the dictatorship we face, it deserves better. It deserves freedom. Thank you.” There was a small applause, though the success was quickly dampened by the impending death that faced them if that was their fate. There was a moment of silence, and Yang began teleporting members as Ashley flew off into the sky.

        “More and more people are landing here. Yang must be teleporting them.” Robin said to Adam, the two both watching guard over the slowly growing crowd. Jenny and Yin began leading them into the safe area as Adam and Robin kept watch over the area. The amount of tents kept growing every moment as they all began entering the safe haven that would soon be a battlefield. The mass flood of people of all ages and sizes began growing and it was pouring into the grassland. Robin pulled out his guitar. “You know, I can show you how to play if we have time.” Robin said as he began playing Iron Man. Though, after a few minutes, it was snached up by Adam. “Here, let me show you some real talent.” Adam said as he began playing the main rift for Battery by Metallica. “I could do that…” Muttered Robin as he looked back at the teleportation crowd. “Yeah right, kid.” retorted Adam as he began the solo. “So, what’s your power?” Asked Adam as he continued to play. “Healing the living and summoning the dead.” Robin answered. “Oh. Mine are flying, transforming into my shadow form, acute senses, extreme speed, the ability to strike fear into anyone‘s mind, never aging, regeneration, my shadow consuming anything that it wants to, and a shadow burst attack.” Robin was silent for the next 20 minutes. “Say, who are you staying with, anyways? I’m probably chilling with Yang, since Yin’s trying to get a friend of her own gender for once. You’ll probably be by yourself, there is no way that you’ll get another tent as a intrusive and violent stranger.” Robin concluded as Adam frowned at this remark. “I already know what tent I’ll stay at. Unless she’s more of a dog now, it’ll probably work.” Adam concluded and resumed playing. “You mean Ashley? Nope. Never. Only person to never ever bunk with anybody here. Really private, likes to write in her Journal a lot. Wait, I think I see Yang down there. You’ve probably had enough talk for the day, we won’t go to battle for the next 2 days I think, so I won’t introduce you now. Though, he’s probably the one other person you’ll get along with.” Robin concluded. “One other person? Possibly the only other person. You’re an @$$, but then again, I am too, so well, you’re tolerable. You should go talk to him. I’m going to keep watch over this area.” Concluded Adam as Robin walked off.

        “So, Yin, what do you do around here for fun? They’re will be some time till the Bios know our exact location and we decide to attack, so what do we do to kill time?” Jenny asked, as her and Yin continued to move people in. “I don’t really know. Usually, I’m alone most of the time. Chatting with you and Vega, though, I actually feel less of a freakish mess.” Yin answered. “Well, in general, were some of the weirdest things you’ll find. Though, then again, there’s a lot weirder stuff around.” Jenny spoke along with her. “We should really get you a tent. You seriously need somewhere to stay.” Yin said as the last bit of crowd went into the tents and darkness fell. “I’ll just sleep out here. I don’t really feel tired right now. You should get to bed though.” Jenny answered to Yin. “Well, we have room in our tent for a third person. If you’d like to join us…” “Just for tonight, I want to be alone.” Jenny inttrupted as Yin walked off into the night.

        Adam kept sitting on the mountainside, looking out for any Bios. A few people came up to him and soon walked back down when he told them he was on guard. He stared into the sky, as the night began to turn pitch black. “Well, I’m free now. All that’s left for me to do is do what I do best.” Adam said, standing and practicing his Kitanas. His movements, at first awkward, turned back into the masterful slices and stabs that Adam had been known for. “See that you still have the fire in you, like you did when we were just kids.” Said a voice behind Adam. He turned to see Ashley, now 8 years older than she had been the day they met. They both ran forward, tears in their eyes, and kissed in a loving embrace. “Seems you’ve gotten a bit older than I have. Though, not as old as time has gone by. Still, I never thought I’d see you again.” Adam said, as the stepped back a bit from each other, his voice fading into the night. “I never thought you’d survive it. I’d thought you’d died.” Ashley whimpered, as she fell to her knees and cried tears of joy and sadness. Adam knelt beside her. “I’m still alive. Though, do you still love me, or is that something of the past?” Spoke Adam as she kept crying. She stopped and looked at Adam with emotions of ecstasy and sadness. “You are still my only love. My only one. My hero.” She whispered as she stood up again. “Come on, lets go to the camp you’ve set up. We both need rest. Can I stay in your tent, though? I’d piss off anyone else.” Adam concluded as they walked down the mountainside. “Were at war, Adam. You do understand that. No safety anymore.” Ashley spoke softly, staring into the ground. “Our kind is attacked by genocide every day. The ones who are against my father will suffer fates worse than death if we do not succeed.” Adam spoke again. “My angel, when have we ever been safe, since the Bioforce started. War was inevitable. I’m glad that your leading it though instead of a suicidal maniac. Though, can I stay in your tent tonight, I reiterate.” Ashley‘s tone turned from her overwhelmed tone to a more usual dictating tone. “Yeah, but no sex, foreplay, seeing me nude, long hours of making out, or suggestion of any of these things. I’m tired, and I need some space. We’ll be working hard tomorrow on strategy and training our men. We won’t die without a fight.” Ashley said. “Now, you got that from me!” Adam joked as Ashley smiled at this. They both walked off into their tent, with the happiness that they were both alive.

         Jenny checked to see if anyone was around and then walked over to the uninhabited grasses. “Mom, if you can hear me, just wanted you to know that I’ll make things right with the world. It’s not over.” Jenny whispered into the sky, staring into the heavens. She then sat down, and fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment