Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - “I have a WHAT???”

After waking up from unconsciousness, Robin discovers he and Maid Marian Fitzwalter have a son. How does Robin react to this? Read to find out.

Chapter 1 - “I have a WHAT???”

Chapter 1 - “I have a WHAT???”
Nottingham, England, October 1st, 1194 A.D.
It was a sunny day in Nottingham. Prince John and his followers were spending life in prison, due to their tax-collecting crimes. And because of that, everyone was happy. Everyone, except a certain, beautiful, orange vixen, who was King Richard’s young and beautiful cousin, named Maid Marian Fitzwalter.
Right now, Marian was in Friar Tuck’s church, sitting on a chair next to Robin of Loxley, who was lying on a wooden bed covered with blankets, with his right arm wrapped in bandages. Tuck was busy ringing his church bells, telling the people of Nottingham it was five o’ clock in the afternoon. Unfortunately, Marian was crying because of her love, Robert Fitzooth of Loxley. It has been two days since Robert fell into unconsciousness after hitting his head hard on a rock when he jumped from the top of King Richard’s castle and into the pond. He also hurt his arm from being struck by an arrow from one of Prince John’s men.
Outside the church, two elephants pulled a small wooden carriage up to the church. One elephant opened up the carriage door, allowing its passenger to step out of the carriage. The passenger was a teenage vulpine named Caleb Fitzooth of Loxley, Maid Marian Fitzwalter’s son.
“There you are, sir.” One elephant said as he gathered Caleb’s personal bags from the back of the carriage. “The Church of Nottingham.”
“Thank you.” Caleb replied sadly. Apparently, he got a letter from Maid Marian, telling him that he has a father and what happened to him.
“I can’t believe I have a father.” Caleb thought as he saw the carriage leave. “But who is my father? Where is he? And what happened to him?”
While these, and other questions, raced through his mind, Caleb took a deep breath and went inside the church to find John Little, Skippy, and Maid Marian, all sitting at Robert’s bedside. Behind her, Marian heard footsteps approach her, and the group, and turned her head to find Caleb, walking towards them, with his bags in his paws.
“Caleb!” Marian cried as she got up and ran to her son. She was more than happy to see him.
“Mum!” Caleb replied as he quietly put his bags down and hugged his mother. He sniffled quietly because he missed his mother so much ever since she left London, while he had to stay behind for school. But now, Maid Marian and King Richard have invited him to come and live with them.
“Shh!” Marian said quietly in Caleb’s left ear as she gently rubbed his head. ”There, there, sweetheart. Don’t cry. Mummy’s here, baby.”
Then Caleb gave his mother a kiss and walked over to the center of the altar, where Robin was laying.
“Who is he?” Caleb asked anyone in particular.
“His name is Robert Fitzooth of Loxley.” John Little replied. A tear ran down his left cheek. “AKA: Robin Hood.”
“Is he dead?” Caleb asked, eyeing the arrow in Robin’s left shoulder blade.
“No baby.” Marian replied as she placed a paw onto Caleb’s right shoulder. “Robin is unconscious.”
“How long has Sir Robin been unconscious?” Caleb asked the group.
“Sir Robin has been unconscious for two days.” Skippy replied through tears.
“Poor fellow.” Friar Tuck said as he checked the poor box. It was now full, thanks to King Richard.
“Who ya guys calling a poor fellow?” A tired, but cheerful, voice asked.
Everyone, except Caleb, turned their heads with happiness to find Robin, who slowly sat up and groaned in pain.
“Well, bless my soul.” Friar Tuck cried happily. “You’re awake, Rob.”
“How long was I out, everybody?” Robin asked over all the commotion.
“You were out for two days, Rob.” John replied with tears of joy now.
“And I really missed you, my love.” Marian added as she and Robin hugged each other.
“I really missed you too, Marian.” Robert replied as he planted a kiss onto Marian’s lips and gazed into her eyes, which were also filled with tears of joy.
During the entire commotion, Caleb pulled up a chair and sat down next to John. Robert, however, saw Caleb, and then looked at Marian.
“Marian, love.” Robert said quietly
Marian looked at Robert with a plain look on her face.
“Who is this young lad?” Robert asked, nodding his head to Caleb, who stood up from his chair.
Fear struck Marian as she back walked to Caleb, who looked fearfully himself. Little did Caleb know he was also Robert’s son, and that Marian and her entire family, including Lady Kluck, were all immortal due to a traditional family curse. King Richard, however, was a mortal. Marian became immortal at the age of 23.
“Robin,” Marian started to reply,”This is our biological son, Caleb.”
Both Robert and Caleb stood where they where in shock as though they were just told someone had just died. Robert couldn’t believe Marian gave birth to a child without telling him. Caleb, however, couldn’t believe he finally got to meet his father for the first time. Sure, he has heard he had a father by a letter sent by Marian and his cousin King Richard, a long time ago, but Caleb thought he would never get to meet his father.
Then, finally, both Robert and Caleb collapsed in dead faints. Robin collapsed onto the bed he was laying on, while Caleb flopped onto the floor.
A few hours later……………..
“Caleb?” Marian said quietly to her son “Caleb, baby.”
Caleb woke up with a soft groan. Sitting up, he immediately noticed he was in another room.
Caleb groaned softly again. Then he looked at his mother, who was sitting on his bed.
“Mum,” Caleb said to her, “where am I?”
“You’re at Nottingham Castle.” Marian replied as she lay down next to Caleb. “Your new home. And this room is your bedroom.”
Caleb moved to the lower left corner of his bed and took a minute to study his surroundings. Apparently, his new bedroom was next door to Marian’s room, and both rooms were in the same tower. But unlike his mother’s room, which was decorated with blue linens all over the place, including the window curtains. All of Caleb’s linens, including his window curtains, were red. And across from Caleb’s four-poster-bed, which had silk, red sheets, were his bureau drawers, painted in wooden-brown paint, and a medium-sized fireplace.
Then, eager to get to know his way around his new home, Caleb got up and left the bedroom to explore his cousin’s castle.
“Wow! This place is beautiful.” Caleb thought as he explored every single part of the castle, from the top of the towers, except the tower burned by the Sheriff of Nottingham, to the castle grounds, including the backyard.
Meanwhile, in Sherwood Forest, Robert was still stuck with the fact that he has a son. John was also shocked with the fact, but not as shocked as Robert.
“I-I love Marian, John.” Robert finally said. “But how can she give birth to my son and not tell me. I mean, the last time Marian and I were together it was 20 years ago. We were young teens back then.”
“Well, think about it, Rob.” John replied as he stirred a pot of boiling stew. “Did you and Maid Marian do anything bad back then?”
Robert closed his eyes tightly and tried to remember anything he and Marian did. Unfortunately, a huge, fuzzy cloud blocked Robert’s mind, preventing him from remembering a lot. He must’ve hit his head much harder than he thought when he landed in the pond.
“Sorry, Johnny,” Robert finally replied as he opened up his eyes, “But I don’t remember anything. I must be having a concussion.”
Then Robert laid his chin onto the palm of his left paw and sighed.
“But I do know one thing, John.” Robert said humbly.
“What’s that buddy?” Little John asked as he tasted the stew. It was right, this time.
“My whole life has changed now.” Robert replied with his paw over his eyes. “I’m a father now, and I’ve got responsibilities.”
“As a matter of fact,” Robert continued as he got up to leave, “I’ve got a child to say ‘hello’ to. I’ll be back.”
With that said Robert left the forest and headed out for Nottingham Castle.
End of Chapter I
What do you think? It’s my first Disney Robin Hood fan fiction. Please read and review. Plus, there will be characters from real ballads of Robin Hood, you might not have heard about, in future chapters.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment