Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chapter 2

On a search and rescue mission in Japan the X-Men uncover secrets they could not imagine and unlikely allies. What Consequences will they face? What challenges? And above all, will mankind survive this new undertaking? No slash.

Chapter 2 - chapter 2

Chapter 2 - chapter 2
Authors Note:: sorry for not adding one in the first chapter. This is my first X-men fan fiction. I watched the cartoons from the 90’s as a kid, the new movies and started with the comics recently so its got elements of all three. Also, in my mind I do more of the cartoon, but I make Logan taller. I feel he was way too short and it just helps making him more like the movie height in my mind. As for accents, I will be trying, but I‘m new so please be easy on me. Also important for you to check my end notes on this chapter. Thanks for reading and please review.



DISCLAIMER: All characters and rights reserved to their creatures.



CHAPTER 2

Xavier allowed himself to be lost in thought as he waited for his x0emn to arrive in the war room. His fingertips tapped together at odd intervals in an attempt to calm his mind. The anxiety of this mission clouded his mind, in fact it was this mission that his mind was attempting to wrap itself around. Saying it was complicated would be an understatement,

“Professor…?”

The gentle, Familiar voice snapped him from his deep musings. Storm stood a short distance inside the doorway, concern was written on her face. Even he could not remember the last time of of his beloved students had been able to sneak up ion him. His mind wondered further than he’d though.

Behind Storm he could see several of the other beginning to enter the room. First Scott, his demeanor somewhat irritated, followed by Rogue and coming at a leisurely stride Gambit. Behind her. He was quick to take up a seat next to her though nearly all of them were open. He flashed her a sly smile, she sighed, rolled her eyes and turned from him.

Professor Xavier gave Storm a smile of his own, reassuring her with a nod, “I’m fine Storm. You can take a seat.” She responded with a gentle if some what suspicious smile of her own before moving on to her chair.

Nearly everybody had arrived now that Jubilee, and Jean had walked through the door. Jean still had her make-up on in her hurry to head to the war room, though her hair had been pulled back in a hassle free pony. That explained Scotts stiff demeanor, but he feared this mission may be too important to let wait any longer. Hank had been with him before he called the team, as lost in his own though on the matter as Xavier himself.

Jean continued around the table, knocking Gambits Legs off as she passed. She received a childish pout from the man too old for such antics and she responded with a warning glare. Was he sure he’d picked the right team for his mission?

“So Prof.! What’s up?” Jubilee questioned with enthusiasm.

“When everyone is present, Jubilee, Everyone will know.” Taking a moment he looked about. : has anyone seen Wolverine?”

“Ah think he’s in the danger room. It was runnin’ when Ah passed it on my way here. Knowing him he ain’t gunna show till we’re done. You might as well tell us now Professor.”

“Wolverine plays a vital role in this mission I’m afraid. I must wait till he’s…” Xavier was cut off by a gruff clearing of ones throat. Turning he found Logan standing in the doorframe. “Logan, thank you for joining us.”

Logan grunted, taking the first available seat. “And my vital role?” He questioned sarcastically.

Regaining his composure, Xavier thought, only for a moment, on how to begin. “This is a very delicate matter. I have chosen you because I’m counting on all of you to be discreet.”

“And you picked Logan?” Scott asked off handed.

“Watch it, bub!” Logan growled across the table.

“Gentlemen, please!” Hank finally spoke. “This must be take seriously, Clicking a button on the large table a hologram sprang up from the center of the table. It looked nearly like a mug shot. The Picture was a woman, perhaps in her early twenties. Despite her youthful face, her mouth was in a tight line, eyes cold and dark. Other than an unusually unhappy face she almost didn’t have any signature of being a mutant. Rich chocolaty hair, brown almond shaped eyes and normal colored skin. Only difference, Physically, was her ears came to a delicate point.

“I have made contact with this girl. The only name I could get from her mind was Ren. The mission is to retrieve her and bring her back to the mansion.”

“So we’re playing taxi fro your new recruits then?” Wolverine asked, leaning back in his seat, “Why can’t she get her own ride?”

“It’s not that simple, Logan.” Xavier looked up to the image of the woman. The emotions were clear on his face, his brow wrinkled with worry. “I fear there is more behind this young woman than I could reach. When I spoke to her she was clearly hiding something.” Turning back to his x-men he wore a face of seriousness. : this woman is in danger and has no way out but the c-men. I will not abandon her.”

“No way out?” Scott questioned. “Professor, Just where is she?”

“Kyoto, Japan.” He stated flatly.

In a mere moment thousands of thoughts and memories flooded into Logan’s memory. A pang to his heart and then hot anger in his veins. “Count me out.” He stood, turning from the others, drawing their attention.

“Logan I need you on this mission. You are the only one who knows the language enough to quid the others.” The Professor said calmly.

“Find someone else!” He nearly growled out. “What about Blue,” He nodded to Hank. “I’m sure he’ll know the language.”

“Of course I do.” Hank wasn’t always modest. “That’s not an issue. My appearance, however, is.”

“This girl isn’t one to trust quickly. The less shocked she is with us, the better.” The feral seemed unmoved. “Logan you are the only hope for everyone, including this woman to come out alright.”

Logan’s back stiffened. A long pause passed, tension in the air. With clenched teeth a growl, soft enough you could only hear if you were sitting by him, Logan sat back down, clearly still on edge. A slight bow of his head gave away the professors gratitude.

“I do not know the troubles you may see,. So please be prepared. I will keep in touch should anything arise. And one more thing my X-men,” The tone in which he spoke made each team member turn from where they’d been poised to head out. “ If it could be helped, I’d rather no one but our target know of your mutant abilities. Keep your identities as X-men and mutants a need to know basis.

“Gambit cocked his head a bit with a grin. “Perfect time for Gambit to try out his new sun glasses, non?” Rogue sighed and smacked his back as they filed out the door.

Professor Xavier watched his team leave, a heavy sinking feeling in his chest. Cupping his hands together he buried his head in his hands. Thumbs rubbing his temples with a heavy sigh.

“Charles, my friend, you are doing the right thing.” Beast placed a hand on his shoulder. “If only I could believe that Hank.”

Jubilee plopped down in the, all things considered, comfy seat. She didn’t really need to change. Her outfit never really did fit in with the rest. Instead, after finding they’d be taking a private plane instead of the x-jet (less suspicious) she spent that time packing activities for the trip. She stretched her legs out and threw her arms over her head. “This is just like a vacation!” She squealed.

“Yeah, except it isn’t.” “Scott passed her to the seat in front of her. He wore his usual slacks and sweater. It fit in with the theory of them being tourists rich enough too afford a private jet. But of course he donned his trademark red shades. “This is still a mission and has to be treated like one” He stated in his usual, emotionless field commander voice.

“Oh come on! All we gotta do is find girl. I mean after magneto, juggernaut and Apocalypse this should be a piece of cake! Why couldn’t we have some fun afterwards! I mean we’d even have a native tour guide!”

“Shut it, kid.” Wolverine warned from behind her, arms crossed. It was slightly odd seeing Wolverine out of uniform but at least the well worn jeans and plaid shirt were fitting of him. “Some ‘mission’” He scoffed. “we’re being sent to another country with only an idea of where this woman is and no idea of her powers! She could blow us apart with a though for all we know. It could even be a trap.”

“Logan got a point. WE don’t know n’ting bout this girl. Why da Prof. send us in blind?” Gambit sat on the left o the others. As he’s said earlier he donned a stylish pair of sunglasses. A blue silk shirt and black dress pants and auburn hair pulled back into a sleek pony tail at the base of his skull finished the look.

“That’s all the more reason for us to be on toes.” Scott said sternly. “We don’t always know what were up against. So we’ve got to be prepared for anything.”

“Hmph. I think the Professors’ up to something.” Logan grumbled.

“We’ve trusted the Professor this long, Logan, and he’s always done what he thought was best. Why question him now?” Storm stood by Logan’s seat while Jean piled their bags into the overhead.

“Something was off.” Logan brushed a thumb across his nose to emphasize. “Didn’t smell right.”

Feeling the tension grow Jubilee reached for her MP3 player and turned the volume up high. The images of her fighting teammates muted by the music was near entertaining. She was sure that had she not already been listening to music some one would have covered her ears when Jean snatched the Cigarette from Remy’s mouth before he could light it. She could hear the telepath telling him in her head that she wouldn’t let him smoke in a confined space and his colorful responses.

How could they make 14 hours on a plane without killing each other let alone survive Japan?





Authors End Note: Please notice that yes, ‘Ren’ is an oc. However the whole story will not be focused around her, like many oc fan fictions for those that hate that type (I’m not a fan myself.) She will be like Piotr, Comes in, is important, then becomes like any other mutant that they’ve run into with alternating ‘importance’. I’ve noticed in my writing I’m Gambit, Wolverine and Jubilee heavy and this is likely to continue for a while though I am trying to keep it more like the comics/cartoon where all the characters have side stories and a vital role in the plot. Again, thank you for Reading and Please do review.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment