Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The New Duo on the Block

Something I've been working on since August 2005. This is my personal gift to the entire Sonic Universe that's been existing since 1991. Enjoy!

Chapter 1 - The New Duo on the Block

Chapter 1 - The New Duo on the Block
Sonic Advancement

Written by: Victor Aziz Saber

Chapter #1

The New Duo on the Block

The year is 5005 A.D. A lot has changed, but it’s a pretty cool era. It’s because its lifestyle is mainly based on advanced technology and other grand sciences that have been discovered and used to help the world become a better place to live in. Right now, the big technological metropolis filled with skyscrapers in its center and smaller buildings and stores we’re in is my hometown: Mobius City.
The young fifteen year-old boy wearing a green t-shirt, blue jean shorts, black-and-grey colored sneakers, and a black helmet while skateboarding down the city’s streets on a skateboard that’s blue, flat, slim, with wheels are very small, while the board itself is quite aerodynamic, is me. My name is Tory Kaota, and I’m loving every bit of this cool era we live in. People say I’m pretty smart and good-hearted, but I’m just doing what I feel is natural for me and those around me. I’ve got great friends and family, and a pretty good school record at MCCA (Mobius City Cyber Academy). The only thing I don’t have… is a Battle Partner.
I know it might be kind of early to explain things this far in the story, but trust me, unless I do, you really won’t know what’s going on. You see, people here in this era have what we call “Battle Partners”. They’re animal-like creatures with the minds and personalities of humans, and they are made specifically to assist us in our everyday lives, as well as become friends with. What’s special about these Battle Partners is that they’re made from a process known as “materialization”. First, the human, or “operator” as they are called, buys a big, black, skeleton-shaped figure with cybernetic encryptions within it. This thing is called a Cyber Skeleton, or Cyton for short. Then, the operator decides on how they will customize their Battle Partner: what animal they will be, what age they will start out at when they are materialized, and most importantly, what powers they will have. There are three types of Battle Partners: Speed, Flight, and Power. Speed-type Battle Partners are based mostly on both being and striking fast, Flight-types are usually based on attacking from a distance and maneuvering in the air, and Power-types are based on striking hard, fast, and taking no prisoners. Now, the powers and abilities that Battle Partners have come in two kinds: a standard attack and elemental attacks. A standard attack is an attack that the Battle Partner can go ahead and use without any problems, and an elemental attack is an attack based on one of the seven main elements in this futuristic era: fire, water, light, earth, ice, wind, and darkness. The elemental attacks are activated by a special activation program called Ring Experience, or R.E. for short. This program exists within each Battle Partners’ Cyton memory core, which is basically their brain. This program can only be activated via a special small device called a Battle Computer. Once the operator has made all of the following decisions, they are then able to materialize the data they have created for their Battle Partner to make the Battle Partner itself be one. Once that happens, the Battle Partner is ready to cooperate with its operator.
While Battle Partners are used to help their operators, they can also be used to fight each other in a match of friendly competition called a Cyber Fight. But sometimes, the fight becomes more about taking down the opponent than having fun with them. I say this because it’s a known fact that some Cyber-fighting duos are a lot more interested in helping themselves than each other, if you know what I mean. But nowadays, those kinds of things are only half of the world’s worries. But I’ll explain that to you later.
Bottom line, it’s pretty cool to have a Battle Partner and become a friendly duo with them. Well, that’s how I see it, anyway. But even so, it’s not that much of a big deal to me because believe it or not, my luck with that is about to change. I’m stopping here because I’ve arrived at my school, Mobius City Cyber Academy, one of my most favorite places in the city. It’s a large a white school building that’s three stories high, has two gymnasiums, one for operators and Battle Partners to train together and another for big school competitions and announcements, a large picnicking area in the back, an indoor cafeteria, an average school library, and a large swimming pool. So, I just take off my helmet to reveal my short brown, and carry both it and my board into the building until I reach my locker. I enter the combination on its blue colored number pad, it opens, and I put my gear up in it and take some of my school books out. I just casually walk to my homeroom class, until I walk through the double-doors leading to the hallway it’s found int. There, I drop my books and say,
“What the?!”
To my surprise there’s a bunch of bee-like robots hovering above the ground with orange-red spherical robots right beneath them. These things are known to us as Mechanoids, powerful machine-like creatures that cause havoc anywhere they go or pop up from. No one knows where these things came from or who made them, only that they all come in different shapes and sizes, each with a different kind of weapon, and they all have the ability to materialize from the infinite regions of cyberspace and into this one that humans like me live in. Plus, they can create as much damage in cyberspace as they can here in the human world. Occasionally, we refer the world of cyberspace as “the side of technology” and the human world “the side of humanity”. But you’ll find out about what I’m talking about later on in the series. For now, let’s get back to me being in a hallway filled with a bunch of dangerous robots and about to be pummeled to a pulp by them. By the way, the bee-like robots are called Buzz Bombers and the round robots beneath them are called Bomb Tanks. And with that, I’d like to take this moment to let the writer and creator of this story, Victor Saber, to take over narrating privileges from here on out. Victor?
Thanks, Tory.
Suddenly…
“Tail Swipe!”
“Hammer Slammer!”
The Buzz Bombers in front Tory were immediately sliced in half while the Bomb Tanks were all pummeled together by a giant red hammer, thus destroying the Mechanoids immediately. The explosions that followed weren’t THAT powerful at all. Mechanoids are dangerous, but small fries like those two kinds are very easy to beat. After all, the smaller they are, the lighter they explode.
Anyway, the ones that had just saved Tory were a young dark yellow fox with two tails and a young pink hedgehog wearing a red dress and matching boots carrying a big red hammer with both of her hands. The fox was Miles Prower, but he everyone called him “Tails” and the hedgehog was Amy Rose.
Miles “Tails Prower
Age: 10
Type: Flight
Standard Attack: Tail Swipe

Amy Rose
Age: 13
Type: Power
Standard Attack: Hammer Slammer
As for their operators, they were standing right behind them. Tails’ operator was a teenage dark colored boy with short black hair wearing a yellow t-shirt, black shorts, and white tennis shoes, and Amy’s was a cute teenage girl with long orange hair wearing a red tank top t-shirt and long blue jeans with black and white sneakers; Tails’ operator was named Caleb Jineer, Amy’s operator was named Janetta Garden, they were both Tory’s age, and they’ve been his best friends since grade school.
“Phew!” Tory said, in a very relieved way, “Boy, am I glad to see you guys.”
“You okay, Tor?” Caleb asked me.
“Yeah, thanks to you guys I am. Mind telling me what’s going on here?”
“To make a long story short,” Tails began to explain, “these Mechanoids just materialized out of our home room teacher’s laptop and started causing trouble in this hallway. No one’s been hurt and we’ve all been doing a good job pushing them back, but we gotta keep it up or else there’s going to be even more trouble.” Amy held up her hammer high and said,
“Then let’s start cleaning this schoolhouse up!” She charged at the Buzz Bombers and Bomb Tanks that were still in the hallway causing all kinds of mayhem, and started to swing her hammer wildly, taking out as many as she could.
“Wow,” Tory said with a surprised look on his face, “That Amy sure knows how to throw down the gavel.
“You can say that again,” Janetta said with a bit of a nervous but humorous look on her face.”
“Well,” says Tails, as he started to spin his tails together like a propeller, “I for one sure don’t want to miss out on all of the fun.” He flew off in the same direction as Amy.
“Go get him, Tails!” Caleb said, cheering his friend on.
Tails began to spin forward like a wheel in mid-air with his twin tails spinning with him and in front of him. The tails glowed white as the young fox kept slicing through the aerial path of Buzz Bombers and destroying them,
“Tail Swipe!”
“You’re doing great guys!” Tory said the Battle Partners, “Keep it up!”
“Thanks!” Tails and Amy said together back at him for just a brief second, long enough for three Buzz Bombers to swoop right behind them without them realizing it, until they both had disturbing looks on their faces and Amy said to Tails,
“There’s something very bad right behind us, isn’t there?”
“Most likely,” the fox replied.
“Hang on, guys!” said Caleb, as he held up his right wrist to himself. What was strapped to his wrist was a small, yellow hand-held computer with many different colored buttons on it. It was his tool he used to assist Tails, his Battle Partner, in combat; it was his Battle Computer. “Ring Experience, Activate! Wind!” Caleb said, as he pressed a light blue colored button on his Battle Computer. Tails was then surrounded by a light blue colored light,
“Tail Breeze!” He spun his tails like a propeller again, this time creating a powerful gust of wind that blew and hurled the Buzz Bombers away from him and Amy. Just then…
“Keyboard Cannon!” Three pink energy bullets shot out and hit the hurling Mechanoids, thus annihilating them. They came from a gray, energy-shooting shotgun shaped like a musical keyboard, which was being held by a small, violet hedgehog with pink hair wearing a red and purple dress with matching gloves and boots. Next to her was a green hedgehog with long hair that was shifted into some kind of mohawk wearing a red sleeveless t-shirt and matching sneakers. The violet and green hedgehogs were named Sonia and Manic.
Sonia the Hedgehog
Age: 15
Type: Speed
Standard Attack: Keyboard Cannon

Manic the Hedgehog
Age: 15
Type: Speed
Standard Attack: Drum Sickle
Right behind Sonia was a young teenage girl with short black hair wearing a white t-shirt, a black skirt, and blue and white sneakers, and behind Manic was a young teenage boy with short black hair wearing a blue t-shirt and light blue jeans. The girl was named Jenny, the boy was named Danny, they were each fourteen years old, and were Tory’s young twin siblings.
“Want some help guys?” asked Sonia.
“Yes, please,” replied Amy.
“Heads up!!” said Manic, as he pointed to the Mechanoids behind them. The Buzz Bombers were pointing their stingers at Tails, Amy, Sonia, Manic, Danny, and Jenny, as well as the Bomb Tanks, who had opened the top of their hatches to reveal they had gun barrels ready to fire.
“We’ve got this,” said Jenny.
“That we do!” said Danny. The twins each held up a green plastic card, which seemed to look like a credit card, with a picture of a light green circle on it.
Hey there, guys! Tory Kaota here. Sorry to interrupt, but, apparently I forgot one important detail: aside from using a Battle Computer to help out the Battle Partner, an operator has special cybernetic cards called Cyber Cards. They come in three different kinds: Attack, Defense, and Recovery. You’ll soon learn what each kind does. The way these cards work is that each one carries data that can be materialized into either matter or energy by sliding the card through the Battle Computer’s card reader. Once the data has been materialized, the Battle Partner then uses it as a weapon, a shield, etc., depending on the type of Cyber Card and its data’s primary function. You’ll see what I’m talking about right about…now! Take it away, Victor.
Thanks, Tory.
“Barrier!” Jenny and Danny said together, as the each swiped the green card through their blue Battle Computer’s card reader, which was found on the right side of the screen, “Defense Card, Ready! Protection!” Manic and Sonia quickly got in front of Tails and Amy, and two green energy barriers appeared out of thin air, protecting all four of the Battle Partners together. It was at that moment the Buzz Bombers launched small balls of energy from their stingers, as well as the Bomb Tanks did from the gun barrels, at the Battle Partners. However, the green force field was protecting them from harm. After the Mechanoids were done firing at them, the force field disappeared.
“Time to end this,” said Manic, as he ran straight towards the remaining Mechanoids. He pulled out a drumstick, the kind you used to play the drums, not the food, and twirled it around to make it transform into a blade. “Take this, Mechadudes!” said Manic, “Drum Sickle!!” He slashed his way through the path of deadly robots using the blade, destroying them all in one swift swoop. All of the Buzz Bombers and Bomb Tanks that had been attacking the hallway were now completely destroyed. The battle was over and won.
“Nicely done, guys,” said Tory, “That was sweet!”
“Well, what did you expect?” Amy said, confidently carrying her hammer upon the back of her neck, “There’s not a Mechanoid out there that can beat us.”
“But man, this is getting old fast,” said Caleb, “This is the fifteenth random Mechanoid attack on our school this semester. Plus, they’ve been attacking other Cyber Academies all over the world. Dude, I swear that this really tanks.” He then turned to what was left of the Bomb Tanks and said, “No pun intended, of course.’
“Speaking of the Mechanoids,” said Tails, “What do you guys make of that?” He was pointing to left over piece of scrap metal from one of the destroyed robots. Tory and the others all walked over to it, and examined it to see that the piece of metal had a black-colored symbol shaped like a circle with a thin triangle pointing out of the top of its right half and a black rectangle in the center of the circle. Tails carefully picked up the metal piece.
“Strange,” said Chris, “We’ve scrapped tons of Mechanoids before, but none of them have ever had this symbol on them before.
“Well, I think I know why,” said Danny, “This symbol here practically looks like something a preschooler drew.” Tory could tell that obviously, his brother was trying to be funny.
“This symbol must be some kind of insignia belonging to whoever’s been causing these Mechanoids to attack and cause so much mayhem,” said Tory.
“I think it might be a good idea if we report to this to Headmasters Steven and Chuck,” said Jenny.
“Yeah,” said Janetta, “They might be able to tell us who this symbol belongs to.”
And with that, Tory and gang headed straight for the office of the Cyber Academy’s Headmasters, Steven Kaota and his retired Battle Partner, Chuck the Hedgehog, a.k.a Tory’s uncle and his uncle’s Battle Partner. The Headmaster duo’s office was pretty fancy and spacious, as any Headmaster’s office would be. As for Steven, he was a tall middle-aged man with grey-white hair and a mustache, dressed in a white dress shirt and long blue dress pants, and Chuck was a small blue hedgehog who was about the same age as Steven and also had a white mustache.
When Tory and friends presented them with the symbol they had found, the Headmaster duo carefully examined it. After a minute or two of observation, Steven said, “I don’t believe it…”
“What’s wrong, sir?” asked Tory.
“This marking you have found is the symbol of the Robolords.”
“The who?” asked Janetta.
“The Robolords,” said Chuck, “An old organization that produces and uses Mechanoids to do their dirty work. Kids, what we’re about to tell you is very important.”
“Indeed it is,” said Steven, as he began to explain, “You see, the Robolords are the most horrible, cold-hearted organization in history. It all happened about 30 years ago, back when Chuck and I were a student duo at Soleanna Cyber Academy. The world had a bit of a powerful crime organization to deal with, and that organization was known as the Robolords. Their leader was a brilliant scientist named Dr. Ivo Robotnick. He was a real expert on technology and robotics, but pretty soon his love for both sciences got the best of him. He thought that the Earth’s side of technology should rule over the side of humanity instead of the humans, but no one agreed with him. He thought that if no one would agree with him, then he would have to take matters into his own hands.”
“Robotnik created and illegally sold disks that contained data that when installed into a Battle Computer,” said Chuck, ‘It turned the Battle Partner into a stronger, better-skilled, and faster learning creature, but at a terrible price… It would also transform the Battle Partner into a living, breathing android. The disks were called Robotisation Disks, and it was already known to the entire world that the Robolords had to be stopped once and for all. Every single Cyber Academy and world organization agreed to work together in order to stop Robotnik’s madness.
“Pretty soon,” said Steven, “there was a war that intertwined the fates of both the sides of humanity and technology. A war that was so tremendous, that it made World War II look like the longest game of “Cops and Robbers” ever played. But in the end, the Robolords were defeated, the Robotisation Disks were destroyed, and Dr. Robotnik was sentenced to an eternity in prison. And that’s the story.”
Tory and the others were incredibly surprised by the story Steven and Chuck had just finished telling them.
“Whoa…” Danny said deeply, “Sounds like this Robotnik guy was one heck of a bad seed.”
“You’ve got that right,” said Steven, “The only thing is that Robotnik was in his very late 40’s when that war happened.”
“Wouldn’t that mean that he’s most likely dead now?” asked Tory.
“Well, yes,” said Steven, “That’s what Chuck and I have always thought. But now that you’ve brought this symbol to us, it is possible that he’s not only still alive, but has managed to escape from prison, and is planning his revenge on the entire world. And these random Mehanoid attacks are just the very tip of that iceburg.”
“I think it is possible, sir,” said Janetaa, “I once had a classmate in my seventh grade English class who said that her grandma lived up to be one-hundred and twenty years old.” Tory, Steven, Chuck, and the rest of the people in the office felt a bit disturbed after hearing that.
“Ahem, yes, well,” Chuck said, clearing his throat in order to break the silence, “If that is possible, then perhaps Robotnik is still alive.”
“You better report this to the World Cyber Academy Council and the G.U.N., Uncle,” said Tory.
“I agree,” said Steven, “If there is going to be another war, then we better be prepared for anything.”
“Well,” said Tails, “At least we now know who’s been causing all of these Mechanoid attacks.”
“Yeah,” thought Tory, “But I’ve got a feeling that the Robolords have more than just Mechanoids with them right now.”
Later that night, at the Kaota family residence, which was a wide blue house with a dark brown rooftop, a garage with a large white door, and had a black-green SUV that was very mobile and aerodynamic parked right outside of the whole thing, Tory was busy doing his homework in his room; his room had a skinny, dark blue computer sitting on a brown metal desk, a bed with blue covers and pillows, and a few different posters, each of them having pictures of the types of Cyber Cards and R.E. elements, as well as world famous Cyber-fighting duos. Just then, Steven and Chuck walked in.
“Hey, Uncle. Hey, Chuck,” said Tory, “What’s on your mind?”
“Tory,” said his uncle, “There’s something Chuck and I need to tell you about the war that occurred 30 years ago. You see, I told you, your friends, and your siblings that Robotnik was defeated, but I didn’t tell you exactly who it was that defeated him.
“Okay,” said Tory, who didn’t know exactly where this was all going, “So, who was it?”
“You see Tory,” said Steven, “There were several people who defeated him and brought complete balance to the world’s sides of humanity and technology. This may seem unbelievable to you, but…those people…were your parents, myself, and our Battle Partners.
“Say what now?!” Tory asked, who so surprised that he immediately stoop up from his desk’s chair.
“We wanted to tell only you this because you’re the oldest,” said Chuck, “And also because your parents, your uncle, and even their Battle Partners, including myself, are just too old to defeat the Robolords again. We feel that this time, it’s this new generation of duos’ job to stop the Robolords. And it’s about time that you became the operator of your own Battle Partner.”
“Uncle, Chuck,” said Tory, who seemed to be concerned after hearing all of this at once, “I’m sorry, but come on! Knowing that Robotnik was gone for three long decades, he’s got even more tricks up his sleeve in order to try and take over the world. In other words, he’s probably too strong for anybody to stop him!”
“Maybe,” said Steven, “But I have total confidence in you, Tory. Besides, your friends and family will be there to help you out.”
“Well, yeah, but how do you expect me to fight the Robolords? I mean, in case you have forgotten, I’m the only one in this family, and at Mobius Cyber Academy for that matter, who hasn’t earned the right to have a Battle Partner!”
“Until now,” said Steven, who pulled out a regular looking computer disk from his pants pocket and held it up for Tory to see. The young man just stood there amazed to see that his own uncle was about to give him the disk that he could now use to make his own Battle Partner.
“We’ve already talked to the World Cyber Academy Council about this, Tory,” said Chuck, “They’ve approved of it, and now all you have to do is design the kind of Battle Partner you want and let us take care of the rest.”
“Thanks, guys, but-”
“No ifs, ands, or buts about it!” Steven interrupted, “We both know that all of this is vey sudden, as well as short notice, but we both also know that you’ll make a great operator, Tory. After all, you’ve spent a lot of time watching other people fight with their Battle Partners, as well as studying them, how they fight together, and how they work in perfect sync. You’ve got all the knowledge that’s needed to help you out, and besides that, you’ve got your parents’ fighting genes in you. The will to fight for what’s truly right for the world runs deep in your blood, Tory.”
“You can do this,” said Chuck, “You know what they say, ‘Like senior, like junior.’”
Tory looked at the CD his uncle was still holding up to him long enough to see his own reflection in it. He then took the CD to look at it some more; he was doing some serious thinking. Maybe he did have what it took to be an operator. After all, he always wanted to be an operator more than anything, and now was his chance to be one. Tory smiled and faced Steven,
“Ok, Uncle…” he said with an honest and determined look on his face, “I’ll do it.”
“That’s my nephew,” said Steven, as he proudly put his arm around the boy into a prideful hug.
During that week, Tory went ahead and worked on the design, appearance, and attacks of his Battle Partner, as well as buying his own Battle Computer and a set of the best Cyber Cards he could find and get. Because he wanted it to be a surprise, he didn’t discuss the new Battle Partner he would soon be having to anyone except his uncle and Chuck. Around the time his Battle Partner was only less than a day away from being ready to be materialized, Steven suggested that he help him add a couple of “special” features to its design. Tory was really surprised to hear what they were, but he went ahead and let Steven do his thing without giving it a second thought. It was all going great. However, on that following Friday, the day of the materialization, the school had another Mechanoid infestation that seemed to be just a little bit more than we could handle.
BOOM!!!!

And by “infestation,” I really mean “total invasion.” It was all taking place outside of the Cyber Academy this time. The Mechanoids that were attacking it were green robots with drills for hands and tank treadmills for feet, chicken-like robots with wings that are razor-sharp and rotate together as a blade propeller, and gray diamond-shaped robots that open up their outer shells to reveal a laser gun; the green robots were called Grounder Tanks, the chicken robots were Scratchers, and the diamond robots were Mirrors.
As many of the academy’s teachers, students, and their Battle Partners were fighting back, Tory, Steven, Chuck, and some other professors and teachers were all gathered together in one of the school’s large computer science labs, watching what was happening outside through a window.
“This isn’t good,” said Steven, “At this rate, the entire academy will be destroyed! It looks like you’ll get to use your Battle Partner much sooner than expected, Tory.”
“I like the sound of that,” said Tory, half-smiling, “But do you really think I can handle all of those Mechanoids by myself?”
“To be honest, I’m wondering the same thing. Just do the best you can out there, Tory.” Steven then walked up and put his hands on his nephew’s shoulders, “And remember the most important thing when being an operator: mainly trust not what you think or see, but what you feel.”
“I understand.”
Tory took the Cyton he had been given by the Cyber Academy and placed it in a grey-violet pod standing up next to a large purple-and-black colored computer. Steven and Chuck then started typing on the computer’s keyboard, then pressed its Enter button, making the inside of the pod shoot out a ray of white energy that engulfed the Cyton from the bottom-up.
“It looks like the materialization process is working well, so far,” said Chuck. And that it was: the energy surrounded the Cyton’s limbs, body, and head, and then began to transform it all into the flesh and fur of a blue hedgehog.
“I just hope that this Battle Partner we have created is powerful enough to at least help destroy those Mechanoids and save this school,” said Steven.
“So do I, my good friend…” said Chuck, “So do I.”
Meanwhile, back outside the academy, Janetta, Caleb, Chris, Danny, Jenny, and their respective Battle Partners were all working together to help destroy the Mechanoids that were attacking the school.
“Ring Experience,” they said together, “Activate!”
Janetta pressed a blue button on her red Battle Computer, Caleb pressed a silver-grey one, Danny a green one, and Jenny a purple one.
“Water!” said Janetta, as Amy was surrounded by a blue light.
“Ice!” said Caleb, as Tails was surrounded by a silver one.
“Earth!” said Danny, as Manic was surrounded by a green one.
“Darkness!” said Jenny, as Sonia was surrounded by a purple one.
The light surrounding Amy transferred to her hammer, which mechanically transformed into a red bazooka, and she aimed it at some of the Grounder Tanks, “Bubble Bazooka!” She fired a massive barrage of blue bubble-shaped energy bolts that hit the tanks, drenched them in water, and caused them to short circuit.
“Frosty Twister!” said Tails, as his tail propeller created and blew a massive gust of ice and wind right at the Scratchers, causing them to become frozen solid.
The purple light that was surrounding Sonia transferred to the inside of her keyboard gun.
“Gravity Blaster!” she said, as she fired blasts of purple colored negative energy from her keyboard gun and at the Mirrors, causing each of them to fall to the ground and be stuck to it. Sonia then turned to Manic, who had transferred the green light around him to the pair of drumsticks he was now carrying in his hands, “They’re all yours, Manic!”
“Sweet!” he said, as he twirled the drumsticks around before slamming both of them hard on the ground beneath him and saying, “Rockin’ Earthquake!!” The slam caused an upward tectonic shift to rise at the Mirrors and destroy them.
Everyone was doing their very best to fight back, but no matter what anyone did, it wasn’t enough. Eventually, the Mechanoids had forced all of the teachers, students, and their Battle Partners to be gathered together in one spot with their back towards each other; they were completely surrounded.
“There’s just too many of them!” said Janetta.
“This isn’t good!” said Caleb.
“Correct me if I’m wrong,” said Sonia, “but isn’t this usually the kind of situation where someone comes up with a great idea to save everyone’s hides at the very last minute?”
It looked like it was the end for Mobius City Cyber Academy, but just then, out of nowhere…
“Hey, techno-freaks!!” called out an extremely loud voice. All of the attacking Mechanoids immediately stopped what they’re doing, turned around, and see that it was Tory calling out to them, “Leave them peers of mine alone!!”
“Tory??” asked Janetta.
“Just what the heck is he doing out here?” asked Manic.
“Tory, get out of here!” said Jenny, “It’s too dangerous for you to be here!”
“It’s okay, you guys,” said Tory, as held up his friends couldn’t believe to see; a blue Battle Computer strapped to his left arm wrist, “I’m prepared.”
“No…freaking…way!” said Caleb, with an incredibly surprised look on his face.
“Way…” Tory said coolly, “Now!!”
“Sonic Spin!!” said another voice out of nowhere. Just then, a dash of blue light streaked across a part of the large group of Mechanoids, then it came to hit another part of it, and then again, and again, and again, and again; all of the Mechanoids that were being hit by the dash were being sent flying into the air and falling to the ground, breaking up into scrap metal.
“Whoa!” said Manic, “What’s going on?”
“I’m not sure,” said Janetta, “but I think what’s going on is Tory’s new Battle Partner.”
The blue streak then started to dash around and through all of the rest of the Mechanoids that had surrounded the entire student body and school faculty. Everyone was only to make out what the streak looked like: a blue spinning wheel. In no time at all, all of the Mechanoids had been sent hurling to the ground busted and everyone was free from their trap.
“To make a big introduction short but sweet,” said Tory, as the blue wheel headed straight toward him, “I’d like to introduce you all to my new Battle Partner.” The blue wheel stopped spinning, and out of it came some kind of small figure that skidded on the ground in a bit of a show-off way until it was right beside Tory and facing everyone he was facing; the figure was a small blue hedgehog wearing white gloves and red sneakers with a white striping and a gold shoe buckle on their sides. And with that, Tory said, “Say hello to Sonic the Hedgehog!”
Sonic the Hedgehog
Age: 15
Type: Speed
Standard Attack: Sonic Spin
“Awesome!!” said Manic, excitingly, “I’ve got a brother of my own now!!”
“Good for you,” Sonia said sarcastically.
A good number of the Mechanoids that had been hurled into the air and back to ground hard were getting up, ready to charge at the meddling rodent that sucker-attacked them.
“Time to clean up the rest of this mess,” said Tory, “Ready, Sonic?”
“Ready!”
“Then let’s do this,” said Tory, as he pressed a yellow button on his Battle Computer, “Ring Experience, Activate! Light!”
Sonic ran at the remaining group of Mechanoids while being surrounded by a yellow light. He then jumped into the air and spun forward like a wheel while creating a yellow spiked energy flux in front of his spinning form. “Homing Attack!” he said, as hit a good number of the remaining Mirrors while also hitting all of the remaining Grounder Tanks; he hit and destroyed each of these with only one hit at a time.
“Whoa!!” said Tails, “Look at him go!”
“I’ve never seen a Battle Partner be that fast before!” said Caleb, “He’s got to be the fastest one ever created!”
“Try the fastest thing alive,” thought Tory, as he then looked at the person/people reading this and raised his eyebrows at them multiple times as if he was wittily hinting them about something.
Sonic landed on the ground while still having the yellow light around him, and noticed that the rest of the Mirrors had opened themselves up to reveal their small laser cannons; they were about to fire at him. He dashed off while they chased after him, trying to shoot him with their lasers, but Sonic kept avoiding them with great speed and agility.
“Hey, how come his Light aura hasn’t gone out yet?” Amy asked Janetta.
“I don’t know,” said Janetta, “but I think we should focus less on his current state and worry about ours.”
“Why do you say that?”
“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that… he’s leading those Mirrors right towards us!!” Sonic skidded to a halt while spinning around to face the Mirrors; he stopped right in front of Janetta and Amy.
“Hi there,” he waved at them.
“Time for the R.E. Shift, Sonic!” Tory called out to him.
“Got it!” said Sonic, as the yellow light surrounding changed to a purple color. The Mirrors fired their lasers at Sonic, but he immediately spun like a wheel again; this time, in mid-air and with a purple color. “Reflector Spin!” The lasers hit Sonic, but were spun around with him and sent right back at the Mirrors, destroying every last one of them. Sonic landed on the ground after that.
“Wow…” Amy said deeply amazed.
“You can say that again,” said Janetta.
“Bet you didn’t see that coming, now did you?” said Sonic, as he winked at the girls and, apparently, the reader(s).
“Heads up, Sonic!” Tory called out to him. Sonic looked to see that all of the remaining Scratchers were charging at Sonic while their razor-wing propellers were spinning.
“Chicken stampede at 3 o’clock,” said Sonic, “Wow, it’s only my first fight and I’m already a chick-magnet.” The current image of the reader(s) shifted to Manic sitting at a drum set and doing a drum rim shot for Sonic’s smart remark.
“Let’s end this,” said Tory, as he pulled out from his pocket a small, red plastic card with a picture of a yellow metal spear on it, and began swiping it through his Battle Computer’s card reader, “Spark Spear! Attack Card, Ready! Equiption!”
Just then, a yellow metal spear materialized upon Sonic right arm wrist; the spear was strapped to the wrist and its spear tip was beginning to spark with static electricity. Sonic ran quickly at the Scratchers, then skid along the ground with his spear ready to attack them.
“Spark Strike!” he said, once he had skidded close enough to jab his spear into the Scratcher leading the group. A burst of static electricity shocked and destroyed both it and all of the other Scratchers. As the Spark Spear dematerialized, Sonic said, “Now that’s what I call ‘fried chicken.’”
“We did it!!” Tory said excitingly, “We won our first fight!!”
The whole school cheered while Janetta, Caleb, Danny, and Jenny all ran at and hugged Tory so hard that it caused all of them to collapse to the ground.
“That was so cool!!” said Janetta.
“Way to go, man!” said Caleb.
“Sweet job, bro!” said Danny.
“You and your Battle Partner were amazing!!” said Jenny.
“Okay, guys, take it easy!” Tory said, laughing happily. “I’m real happy, too!”
Meanwhile, Tails, Amy, Manic, and Sonia all walked up to Sonic to congratulate him.
“DU-U-UDE!!” Manic said loudly, “That was awesome!!”
“Yeah, you were unbelievable!” said Sonia.
“You were so cool!” said Amy.
“Thanks, guys!” said Sonic.
“So, what was your name again?” asked Tails.
“The name is Sonic…Sonic the Hedgehog.”
“Sonic the Hedgehog, huh?” Amy thought, “Cool name…”
“Well, we did it, Sonic,” said Tory, as he and his friends and siblings walked over to him, “We saved both the Cyber Academy and my friends.”
“Yep,” said Sonic, “And I’d say our partnership is off to a good start. Don’t you think?
“Heck yeah, I do!”
“So, Tory,” said Sonic, “Don’t take this the wrong way, but do you think you’ve got what it takes to be my operator?”
“Only if you think you’ve got what it takes to be my Battle Partner.” Tory stuck out his hand to Sonic, “So, what do you say? Wanna help me take down the Robolords, and become a great duo… and even greater friends?”
The two of them just smiled at each other.
“I say,” Sonic began, “‘that’s sounds like an offer that I can’t refuse.’”
And with that, the two of them shook hands, and began their new partnership as a heroic duo.
Tory Kaota here! Well, folks, there you have it. That’s how my life as an operator began. Now, Sonic and I are ready for anything, including the Robolords. But just what kinds of adventures and challenges lay ahead for us? Well, Sonic and I may not have that much of an idea what, but we definitely know that nothing is going to stop us from defeating the Robolords and saving the world. So stay tuned for more action-packed excitement in the next chapter of…
Sonic Advancement

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment