Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Making Acquaintances

Something I've been working on since August 2005. This is my personal gift to the entire Sonic Universe that's been existing since 1991. Enjoy!

Chapter 2 - Making Acquaintances

Chapter 2 - Making Acquaintances
Chapter Two:
Making Acquaintances


Date: November 10, 2005
1845 hours
Approximately 6 hours after Tory and Sonic’s first win

At the Kaota household, Tory, his uncle, siblings, Chris, Janetta, and their Battle Partners were having a big dinner in celebration of Tory and Sonic’s very first victory. They were all gathered together around in the dining room; they were all feasting on spaghetti, lasagna, hamburgers, chicken, mixed vegetables, and ice cream of the three favorite flavors.
“Man,” said Sonic, “This big dinner was a great idea!”
“You can say that again,” said Tory, “Thanks for holding it for us in our honor, Uncle.”
“Anything for my nephews,” said Steven, “But I can’t all of the credit. After all, Janetta, Amy, Jenny, and Sonia helped out with making this feast possible.”
“Well,” said Danny, “You guys did a great job.”
“I’ll say,” said Manic, “We’re practically having our own feeding frenzy here.”
“Hey, Steven?” asked Sonic.
“Yes, Sonic?” said the uncle.
“Just out of curiosity, what exactly are those long stick-looking things there?” Sonic was pointing to a nearly untouched plate of hot dogs slightly marinating in chili.
“Those would be chili dogs,” said Steven.
“You should try one, Sonic,” said Janetta, “Amy and I made them ourselves.”
“I don’t know,” said Sonic. He thought the chili dogs did look pretty interesting, but exactly enough to get him to eat one.
“Come on,” said Amy, as she picked up a chili dog and handed to Sonic, “You wouldn’t want to disappoint a couple of girls who helped your family work real hard on every single serving of this feast, would you??”
“Well…”
“Oh, no,” said Tory, had just realized something, “Sonic, whatever you do, don’t look at Amy in the eyes. I repeat: shield…your…eyes.”
Sonic turned to Tory and asked, “Why?” But when he turned back to face Amy, he saw why, and a little creeped out by what he saw: Amy Rose giving him a sincere begging face where her eyes were supposed to be as cute as a baby hedgehog’s.
“Too late,” said Caleb.
“Okay,” said Sonic, as he took the chili dog from Amy, “I guess one dog wouldn’t really hurt me, unless I’ve already eaten as much as I can.” He took a bite of the dog, and then he stopped eating as his eyes’ pupils expanded, making it look like he was incredibly focused at the moment. He then fainted downward and backward in his chair, frozen in his current state.
“Sonic, are you okay?” Tory asked. The blue hedgehog then held up the chili dog as high in the air as he could in his current position and said,
“This…is…the best thing I have ever tasted in my entire life, despite the fact that I’ve only lived six hours of it so far!!”
“I’m guessing he’s okay,” said Tails.
After they finished, everyone sat, and laid down in the living room.
“Whew!” said Tory, as he rubbed his full stomach, “You and the girls sure know how to cook something satisfying, Uncle.” He then burped a major burp, “Excuse me.”
“That’s nothing,” said Danny, as he burped even louder.
“Dude,” said Manic, “That is just wrong. The proper way to burp is like this…” The green hedgehog then burped up something major.
“You guys are so immature,” said Sonia.
“Yeah,” said Jenny, “Besides, this is how you do it…” She burped up a very big one.
“I think I can beat that,” said Sonic, as he took in a deep breath and then…

BBBUUUUUUUUUUURRRRPPPPPPP!!!!

He had belched so loud, that the just about the entire suburban area that they all lived in could hear it.
“DUDE!!” Manic said, laughing, “That…was…AWE-SOME!!”
“I think we’ve got a winner,” said Tory.
“Wait!” said Tails, “I wanna give it a try!”
“Then let it rip, little buddy,” said Caleb. Tails took in a deep breath like Sonic had, and got ready to let all of his inner gas out. Except for one problem….

PPPHHHFFFTT!!!

Tails had let all of that gas out the backdoor instead of the front, even you know what I mean. Tails just smiled nervously and let it his face turn red while Tory, Sonic, and the rest of the gang just laughed and giggled uncontrollably.
“Okay, I’ll admit it,” said Sonic, “That comes real close to beating me.”
“So,” asked Janetta, as she and everyone else was trying to calm down from all of the hilarity that had just happened, “Who’s up for some Cyber Fighting on the Web?”
“Cyber Fighting?” asked Sonic, “What’s that?”
“You’ll see,” said Sonia. And with that, Troy and his friends headed for the computer in his room. Tory’s bed had now became a double bunker; Sonic had already called dibs on the top once it had been done being put together. Tory quickly got on the Web, and entered a code called SSCFC in the keyword box. He then pressed the Enter key on his keyboard.
“Okay, Sonic,” said Tory, “What we need to do now is to plug our Battle Computers into this plug-box.” He pulled out a black, plastic box that was connected with the computer and had plug connectors in it, “After that, we activate the Transmission Code. You’ll see what happens then.”
“Okay,” said Sonic, as Tory pulled out a plug from his Battle Computer and plugged it in the box, as so did Caleb, Janetta, Danny, and Jenny. Tory then looked at Sonic, who seemed kind of uneasy with what was about to happen next.
“Ready?” he asked.
“Ready,” said Sonic.
“You okay?” asked Tails.
“Just a bit…nervous is all.”
“Don’t worry, Sonic. Everything is going to be great, especially since we’re going to the best place on the web.”
“Alright!” said Tory, “Let’s go! Transmission Code, Activate!” He pressed the Transmission Button on his Battle Computer, as so did Caleb, Janetta, Danny, and Jenny as they all said, “Transmission Code, Activate!” At that moment, Sonic’s body began to glow blue. He then noticed that the other Battle Partners began to glow as well, only Tails was glowing yellow, Amy: pink, Manic: green, and Sonia: purple. Just at that moment, the five Battle Partners began to become solid beams of light that shot towards Tory’s computer, and into its screen. Sonic felt like he was being sucked into some kind of digital vortex. He was so scared, he closed his eyes.
“Sonic,” said Manic, “You can open your eyes. Everything is alright.” Sonic opened his eyes very slowly to see that he and the other Battle Partners were flying in mid-air through some kind of black-and-green tunnel.
“Whoa!!” he said in amazement, “Where are we??”
“We’re surfing through the net,” Tails answered, “Only it isn’t really ‘surfing’, it’s more like ‘transmitting’.
“Transmitting?”
“Yeah. You see, Sonic, when a Battle Partner’s operator activates the Transmission Code, the Battle Partner’s materialized body transforms into digital, cybernetic data, making them capable of checking out specific parts of the side of technology. For example: the Internet. And the Web is this huge cybernetic dimension where all Battle Partners go to hang out and stuff.”
“Wow! So we’re being transmitted to the place where Tory entered its keyword?”
“That’s right,” said Amy, “You’re going to love the part of the Web we’re being sent to Sonic.”
The five of them then entered a very bright gate, sending them to the place they were sent to go. Once there, they were standing in the middle of a huge, digital, skyscraper-filled city. Sonic then noticed that the palm of his hand was glowing with a light bluish color, and then it showed a hologram of Tory.
“Welcome to Station Square, Sonic,” said Tory, talking to him over the hologram projector. Over on the side of humanity, or the human world, Tory’s Battle Computer was projecting a fully well-colored hologram of Sonic and the other Battle Partners.
“Whoa!” said Sonic, “This is sweet!”
“Well, hey,” said Sonia, “It’s the fifty-first century. What did you expect it to be?”
“So, where are we going?” asked Sonic.
“There,” said Tails, as he pointed to a silver dome that seemed to be about forty feet away, “the Cyber Fight Coliseums.”
“Then let’s go!” said Sonic, as he then ran towards the coliseums with great speed.
“Hey!” Amy called out to him, “Wait for us!”
Once there, Sonic discovered that there were three different kinds of coliseums each with a different color: the coliseum that he was in front of was colored blue, the one on his right was yellow, and, finally, the one on his left was red. Shortly after he realized this, he noticed that Amy, Tails, Sonia, and Manic had caught up with him.
“Do you always have to run off like that?” asked Sonia.
“Sorry,” Sonic apologized, “Got too excited, I guess. So what’s with these coliseums? Each of their entrances is a different color.”
“Well, Sonic,” said Tails, “each of these coliseums has a different color because each one is for a specific type of Battle Partner. The blue one is for Speed-type Battle Partners only, the yellow one is for Flight-type Battle Partners only, and the red one is for Power-type Battle Partners only.”
“So when it comes to Cyber Fighting, Battle Partners can only fight each other as long as their both the same type?”
“Well, only here at the coliseums. Since you, Manic, and Sonia are Speed-types, you’re Cyber Fighting here at the blue coliseum.”
“So you’re headed to the yellow one since you’re a Flight-type, right?”
“Yep.”
“And I’m off to the red one since I’m a Power-type,” said Amy.
“Well, alright,” said Sonic, “Good luck to both of you. Come on, hedgehogs, let’s go!”
“Yeah!” said Manic.
“Let’s go for it!” said Sonia. And with that, each of the five Battle Partners headed for their own coliseums. Little did they know that high above them, a small floating camera was watching. On the back of that camera was a symbol shaped like a circle, with a window-shaped rectangle on the top half of the circle, and a thin triangle coming out of the circle.
After about half an hour of signing up for their fights, the five Battle Partners were ready to begin.
“Hello, Station Square!” said the announcer over the coliseum intercom, “Welcome to another exciting round of Cyber Fights, taking place here at the Cyber Fight Coliseums! Coming up, we have a real treat for all of you. In the Speed Coliseum, we’ll be having a three-against-three fight held on the Battle Field of Earth known as the Meadow Field: it’s Sonic, Manic, and Sonia the Hedgehogs against three powerful machines known as Drill Demolishers, only they’ll be fighting three different kinds: a Fire Drill Demolisher, a Tornado Drill Demolisher, and a Tsunami Drill Demolisher. In the Flight Coliseum, it’s the flying fox, Tails Prower, against a big time Mechanoid known as a Hawk Soldier. The fight will be held on the Battle Field of Water known as the Lake Field. The young fox does indeed to have skill and guts, but can he take this big bird down? Finally, in the Power Coliseum, it’s the hammer hero, Amy Rose, who is also up against a big time Mechanoid, only that the Mechanoid is an even bigger problem than the Hawk Soldier! For she’ll be going up against a big, bad Breaker! The fight will be held on the Battle Field of Fire known as the Lava and Crater Field. And for you Cyber Fighting rookies out there, don’t worry. These Mechanoids are just downloaded copies of the real deal. Now, without further a do… Battle Partners, it’s time to get your fight on!”
“I can’t believe we’re not going up against other Battle Partners, and having to deal with these training guys,” said Sonic, who sounded a bit irritated and disappointed.
“Well, Sonic,” said Sonia, “This is your first time in a real Cyber Fight, so we thought we start you off easy.”
“Then how come Tails and Amy are fighting Mechanoids, too?”
“Because, Sonic,” said Sonia, “since you’re starting to fight big time Mechanoids, especially as a rookie, they thought they should try to do the same thing.”
“Didn’t wanna leave me hanging, huh? Alright then, let’s do this!”
“Roger!” said Sonia.
“Let’s rock and roll!” said Manic.
The siren went off, and the fight started. The three drills each looked like a drilling machine with arms and legs coming out of it, and eyes on the top of the driller box, only the Fire-one was colored red, the Tornado-one was colored green, and the Tsunami-one was colored blue. The Fire-one started to spin its drill, and pretty soon it started to ignite fire at the base of it and fired a tornado of fire at Sonic. The Tornado-one did the same thing, only it generated and launched a tornado of wind at Sonia. The Tsunami-one also did it, but it whipped up and launched a spinning current of water at Manic.
“Ring Experience, Activate!” said Tory, Danny, and Jenny together, each pressing a different colored button on their Battle Computers. Sonic was surrounded by a green light, while Manic was surrounded by a yellow one, and Sonia, a silver one. Sonic jumped into the air, just in time to dodge the tornado of fire.
“Buzz Saw Attack!” said Sonic, as the fins on his back grew sharper and longer, like the blades found on a buzz saw, and started to spin towards the Fire Drill Demolisher, with his spinning form looking like a spinning buzz saw. But just as soon as he was about to make contact with the Mechanoid, even though he was spinning at the time, he managed to catch a quick glimpse of a small marking on top of the Mechanoid’s head. The marking looked a lot like that of the Robolords’. He sliced through the Mechanoid, and destroyed it. He stopped spinning and landed on the grass of the Meadow Filed while streaking into a show off-like power slide.
“Bell Dome!” said Manic. The yellow light that was surrounding him had then transformed into a huge bell that covered him just in time before the swirling torrent hit him. “Is that all you got? Danny, hit me!”
“Right,” said Danny, as he drew out a card with a picture of a blue bracelet with some kind of plastic pendant on it, “Bounce Bracelet! Attack Card, Ready! Equiption!” He swiped the Cyber Card through the card-reader of his Battle Computer, thus downloading the data onto Manic, whom received and was equipped with the weapon on his right hand’s wrist.
“Bounce Attack!” Manic then jumped into the air, made the bell that had been around him to disappear, started to spin forward like a wheel, in which he then dropped to the ground of the Meadow Field, ricocheted off of it, and towards the Tsunami Drill Demolisher. He hit the Mechanoid with great force and knocked it down hard. But by the time the Mechanoid regained its balance, its right hand turned into a huge water nozzle and aimed it for Manic while he was still in mid-air.
“Uh, oh!” said Sonic, who saw what was about to happen to his brother. He ran as fast as he could to intercept the Tsunami Drill Demolisher while the light around him changed from green to purple. He jumped up and started to spin like a wheel, trying to intercept the Mechanoid’s gushing assault, “Reflector Spin!” The Tsunami Drill Demolisher fired a huge gush of water out of its nozzle and right at Manic, but Sonic intercepted it just in time with his Darkness-based Ring Experience attack. The somersault repelled the gush of water right back at the Mechanoid with such tremendous force, that the water short circuited it and destroyed it.
As for Sonia and the Tornado Drill Demolisher, she pulled out her electric keyboard shotgun and aimed it at the Mechanoid.
“Blizzard Beam!” she said, as a silver energy beam shout out of her piano’s gun barrel and headed towards the Mechanoid. The beam went through the opening of the tornado of wind, disrupted it, and not only hit the Mechanoid, but also froze him in a block of ice. The buzzer then went off as the announcer said, “The battle is over! The Hedgehogs win!”
“We did it!” said the three hedgehogs and their operators together. And the crowd went wild.
“Well, folks, this has been quite a show here at the Speed Coliseum. Now let’s see how Tails and the Hawk Soldier are doing in the Flight Coliseum.”
“Come on,” said Sonic, as he ran to Coliseum’s exit, “Let’s go to the Flight Coliseum and cheer on for Tails.”
“What about Amy?” asked Sonia.
“I’m sure she’s doing just fine. Tory already told me today that even though she may seem cute, she’s definitely some kind of dangerous. Now, come on!” And with that, the three hedgehogs headed towards the Flight Coliseum.
Meanwhile, Tails and the Hawk Soldier were both hovering over a lake; Tails was using his tail propeller, and the Hawk Soldier, who looked like a big red robot with the head shaped like a hawk’s and carrying a big yellow shield on his right hand, was using its heels’ hover jets. Both the Mechanoid and Tails were looking pretty banged up.
“Is he okay?” Tory asked Caleb.
“Yeah,” said Caleb, “He’s okay. While you, your siblings, and your Battle Partners were fighting, Tails was holding up pretty well.”
“I just hope he’s good enough to take that Mechanoid down,” said Tory.
“Oh, don’t worry. He is. Ring Experience, Activate!” Caleb pressed the yellow button on his Battle Computer. Tails was then surrounded by a yellow light. He then held his hand up in front of him and at the Hawk Soldier, and the light transferred to hand. His hand glowed yellow, and began to gather up a large amount of electrical energy until it was in the form of a ball.
“Thunder Shooter!” said Tails, as he fired the ball of electricity at the Mechanoid. Unfortunately, the Hawk Soldier blocked it with its yellow shield.
“Dang it!” said Caleb. The Mechanoid mechanically transformed into a jet plane just then, and charged at Tails.
“I don’t think so,” said Tails, as he flew up into the air, dodging the Mechanoid’s tackle. But then it flew up into the air and chased after him. Tails waited until he was far away enough from the Hawk Soldier. He then stopped cold in the air, waiting for the Mechanoid.
“What’s he doing?” asked Jenny.
“Wait for it,” said Caleb.
“That’s right….” said Tails, “Come to papa…..almost there…” The Hawk Soldier was getting closer and closer with each passing second, until…
“Now, Tails!”
“Roger that!” Tails then stopped spinning his tails, and started spinning himself forward, “Tail Swipe!” His tails flipped with him as he flipped them twice, only his first flip was with his tails separately and the second one was with his tails together. As they flipped, crescent-shaped waves shot right from them. The first two hit and cut off the Hawk Soldier’s wings, which sent it falling towards the lake. It appeared it was down, but unfortunately it quickly transformed back into its robot form and quickly activated its hover jets.
“The attack failed!” said Tory.
“Oh, no it didn’t,” said Caleb. The third wave still hadn’t hit its target. The Hawk Soldier drew his shield up to protect himself, only there was one small problem: his shield, which had been used as his wings in his jet mode, had been cut down to size; it wasn’t big enough to protect him. The third wave hit the Mechanoid, cutting it in half, and destroyed it. The buzzer went off, signaling the end of the fight.
“Tails Prower is our winner today here at the Flight Coliseum!” said the announcer, “And if I must say that was quite a strategy! Knowing that the shield was the Hawk Soldier’s wings when it was in its jet plane mode, Tails sent three waves at it: two for the wings, in which leaving the Mechanoid defenseless in its robot mode, and one for the Mechanoid itself! Not only does that kid have a lot of guts, but he’s also got a lot of brain, too!”
“Thank you! Thank you!” said Tails to crowd. He then talked to Caleb over his hologram projector, “We did it!”
“We sure did!” said Caleb.
“Way to go, little guy!” said a voice in the audience. Tails turned to see it was Sonic, Manic, and Sonia who were calling him.
“Hey, guys!” said Tails, as he flew to them, “Did you see me out there?”
“Yeah!” said Sonic, “And believe me, you were awesome out there!”
“Come on, boys,” said Sonia, “We’ve got to get to Amy’s fight at the Power Coliseum.” And with that, the four of them headed towards the Power Coliseum.
“How’s Amy doing, Janetta?” asked Tory.
“So far, so good,” she said, “She’s really doing very well against that Breaker, but I don’t know if she can keep this up much longer.”
“Now,” said the announcer, “let’s see how the fight at the Power Coliseum is going. Hmm, well this is strange; there’s no sight of Amy Rose or the Breaker. I wonder where…” But before the announcer could finish, something just landed in the lava of the Lava and Crater Field, “Great Jumping Hackers! What was that?! Let’s see here…Oh, my! Amy just hit the Breaker with her extremely large hammer, and sent it into the lava pit.” And he wasn’t just whistling Dixie, either. For standing heroically on a cliff, with a freakishly huge hammer, and watching the Breaker, which was a huge black, muscled robot with an equally huge hammer, be devoured by the lava was none other than Amy Rose.
“Whoa!” said Sonic, who was amazed by what had just happened, “I got to say, Janetta, your Battle Partner really does know how to put the ‘power’ in ‘girl power’. Although, how she’s able to hold a hammer that big and keep her balance at the same time, I’ll never know.”
After that, the five of them left the Coliseums.
“Well, guys,” said Sonic, “Thanks for taking me here. I had a great time, and I got to know each and every one of you a little bit as well.”
“No problem,” said Amy, “Although, part of it wasn’t really what I expected.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, when I was fighting the Breaker, I noticed that on the top of its head was a strange marking that looked a lot like the symbol of the Robolords that we had found earlier this week.”
“The Robolords?!” said everyone on both the sides of humanity and technology.
“Yeah.”
“You know,” said Sonic, “now that you mention it, I did noticed a symbol like that on top of the head of the Mechanoid I defeated, also, just before it disintegrated.”
“Yeah,” said Tails, “and I saw something like that on the shield of the Hawk Soldier I defeated.”
“Are you guys saying,” asked Manic, “that the Robolords might have sent those Mechanoids to fight us?”
“It seems so.”
“We’ve got to report this to Steven and Chuck,” said Sonia.
“Right,” said Sonic, “but first…how do we get back to the side of humanity?”
“Like this,” said Tory as he pushed a button on his Battle Computer, along with Caleb, Danny, Jenny, and Janetta, “Materialization Code, Activate!” Sonic and the other Battle Partners were shining again as they did before they entered the Web, only this time, they beamed upward to leave the side of technology and return back to the side of humanity. Unknown to them however, the camera that was watching them earlier was watching them again.
“Well, well, well,” said an evil, low voice from the camera, “this is quite a surprise. Not only did that little rodent that had completely ruined my Mechanoid invasion earlier today past my test with ease, but so did his little friends, too. Well, enjoy your friendship with them while it lasts, hedgehog, because I have a feeling that pretty soon, those friends of yours will soon become your own foes. Ha, Ha, Haaaaaaa!”

Yo! Victor here! I know what you guys are thinking, and yes, a sinister laughing cambot IS disturbing. But to find out more about what’ll happen next, you’re just going to have to read the next exciting chapter of...
Sonic Advancement

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment