Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Second summoning

ICE WARS CHAPTER 1


THE COMING OF ICE




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I have given this a R rating for the swearing that I mentioned in it!




------------------------------------

Chapter 2 - Second summoning

Chapter 2 - Second summoning
ICE WARS CHAPTER 1
THE COMING OF ICE
*SPECIAL DIRECTORS CUT*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sonic Hedgehog and all related characters are © to SONIC TEAM 1991-2002.
Ice the Echidna, ICE TUMULT Echidna, Lumins Echidna, LUMINALPHA Echidna & MORT Echidna are © to Michael Kitch.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have given this a PG-13 rating for the mild swearing that I mentioned in it!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: BEFORE YOU READ THIS I ADVISE THAT YOU READ ICE WARS: PAST AND MORT TOP EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE 2: OK you may be asking ``Why is this a Special Directors Cut Edition?'' well the reason is that I wasn't happy with the original version of Chapter 1, so I decided that I would redo it! So this is the new and improved edition of Ice Wars Chapter 1! Chapter 2 will be coming shortly!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was mid-summer in Station Square, It was also mid-night! Sonic and Amy were fast asleep in their apartments, Knuckles was sitting at the shrine of the Master Emerald, he just sat looking up at the night sky…



Meanwhile:
High in the sky, above the clouds, on ANOTHER Floating Island, that was known as the `Mystic Island' was a being, standing on the highest mountain on the Island. The being stood perfectly still not moving, it's spines/dreadlocks being blown ever so slightly to the right in the wind… until suddenly the being's head swung to the left, the being's eyes opened and quickly narrowed as a gigantic black &Mac222;reball shot past the Island heading for the planet below…


``He's back at last…'' said the being in a quiet tone ``Now's the time for me to beat him and free my people…'' With that said the being jumped off the Island and freefell after the &Mac222;reball!


Meanwhile:
Tails was sitting on his lookout point on top of his workshop, looking through a High-powered Telescope that he had bought himself a few weeks ago! Tails looked at the sky not really knowing or caring as to what he was looking for when something caught his eye! A huge black &Mac222;reball with a white glow and trail was &Mac223;ying through the sky! Tails quickly rushed into his workshop and used his computer to try and figure out where it was going to land… to his horror he realised that it was heading straight for STATION SQUARE! The twinkle park area to be exact! Instantly Tails phoned Sonic, not noticing that it was gone 1:00 AM, the phone rang several times before &Mac222;nally…


``Hello?'' said Sonic once he had woken up!

``Sonic there's a giant fireball thing about to hit Station Square!''


``WHAT!''


``It'll crash in about three minutes!''


``Where will it hit?'' asked Sonic

``Near Twinkle Park!'' replied Tails

``Right! Tails go get knuckles then get there as fast as you can! I'll go and get Amy! We'll Meet you there got it?''


``Got it!'' Tails raced off in the Tornado 2 to get Knuckles, while Sonic raced to Amy's apartment and explained what was going on, while they were on their way to Twinkle Park! As Tails was &Mac223;ying back to Station Square with Knuckles behind him, he looked briefly to his left and he could swear that he saw a blue light moving through the sky, but as soon as he blinked it was gone!


Sonic and Amy were standing outside Twinkle Park! Tails transformed the jet back into the bi-plan and then landed it in the sea. Then they both joined Sonic and Amy! But then all of a sudden the Station Square Police Department came rushing in… they waited for a few minutes before the &Mac222;reball suddenly struck the ground with a huge crash destroying the small patch of grass in the middle of the road. Once the smoke cleared all they could see was a glowing black sphere! Well half of it anyway as the other half was in a crater in the ground! The next thing they knew the sphere started to rumble and then the top half was smashed to pieces as something burst out of it and landed on a nearby lamp post!

``FREEZE! You are completely surrounded, put your hands in the air and get off the… the uhhh… lamppost!'' said the Police Captain

``Why should I?'' asked the being in a sinister tone…


``If you do not do as we say we shall have to open fire on you!'' replied the Police Captain…


``You MUST be joking!'' said a sinister voice!

``We WILL SHOOT TO KILL if we have to!'' said the Police Captain

``Oh you can fire at me if you want to! But…''


``But? But what?'' asked the Police Captain

``But somehow I doubt that you'll hit anything!'' Said the being, and with that he just stood on the lamppost and ignore them!

``IF THAT'S HOW YOU WANT IT THEN SO BE IT!'' said the Police Captain followed by ``Ready… Aim… FIRE!'' They opened &Mac222;re and hundreds of bullets went &Mac223;ying at this evil creature. When they &Mac222;nally stopped &Mac222;ring both the police and Sonic and Co stood there, looking at the cloud of smoke that had been produced. The police seemed relieve and thought that they had won the battle! But then all of a sudden… ``That was pathetic!…'' the sinister voice said! The everyone stared in amazement as the smoke cleared revealing that this evil being was totally unharmed by the attack! ``…I've seen vegetables that could &Mac222;re better than that! Oh and by the way I think these are yours!'' and with that the creature threw down all the bullets that had been &Mac222;red at him! When the Police saw this they all ran away screaming ``RETREAT!''


Sonic turned to face his friends and then said… ``OK guys let's show this creep what we can do!''


``YEAH!'' they all said in union! But just as they started to run at this creature to attack, another being fell from the sky and landed in front of them on his hands and knees! The group stopped and looked at him! The being shot a glance at them before looking up and seeing the evil creature on the lamppost which soon said ``Well, well, well If it isn't my good friend Ice! Do you know how stupid the beings on this planet are Ice! I should just destroy them all at the same time that I destroy you! It would save me the trouble of having to do it later on!''


By this time the new being that had just landed had stood up and it was plain to see that he was an Echidna! AN ICE BLUE COLOURED Echidna!

``In your dreams Mort! Like I'm going to believe that you are so powerful that you could destroy every being on this planet in one go!'' said the Echidna ``You WON'T beat me, you do know that don't you!? I will have my revenge on you!''


``Yeah, yeah what ever Ice, Less talk and more fighting! So lets GO!'' said Mort as he dived towards Ice… but Ice easily dodged Mort's attack and flew to the side…


``If that's the best you got then you're in real trouble!'' said Ice

``I've got better!'' said Mort ``Trust me on that!''


``Well then you better pray for you're soul MORT, if you have one, and pray for the soul of all the Echidna's you KILLED!''


With that Ice and Mort went &Mac223;ying towards each other! The creature called Mort was now visible and they could see that it was in fact another Echidna who was black all over and had red stripes on his dreadlocks/spines (Whatever you want to call them I don't care! so there! ^_^) and one going down the centre of his head (Can anyone say an Echidnian SHADOW?)! The two Echidnas were having an all out battle with a case of the winner takes all including the others life! Of course they were going too fast to tell what was actually going on but after a while they started to slow down a bit son everyone could see what was going on!
Ice Charged at Mort swinging his &Mac222;st at the last second, but Mort easily dodged it and before Ice knew what was happening Mort was behind him! Mort smashed his fist into the back of Ice sending him flying back and crashing into a wall as well as making a hole in the wall!
Mort hovered in front of Ice, and then he fired two black energy balls at him! Ice dived out of the wall and dropped down while the energy balls hit the wall making an even bigger hole…

Ice quickly dived around the back of Mort and then slammed his fist into the middle of Mort's back, then, spinning around on the spot, Ice high kicked Mort in the side. This sent Mort flying to the left, after which Mort quickly recovered!

``Sonic we have to do something!'' said Tails,

``We can't help him now, but we can help that Ice guy once they land!'' replied Sonic.

Mort quickly flew at Ice and Ice swung his fist at Mort, and just like Ice had done to Mort, Mort vanished and then reappeared behind Ice! With his back to Ice's back Mort then slammed his elbow into Ice's back, he then kicked his foot up into the air and then kicked Ice directly in the head… this caused Ice to go shooting down to the ground and Ice bounced off the ground and then he hit against the side of the hotel!
Mort Hovered in the air for a while before plunging straight down on Ice and, just before he hit him he vanished and reappeared at Ice's side, and kicked him with sending him flying into the building opposite (You know, the entrance to Speed Highway). Ice looked up and he saw Mort land in front of him!

``Hah! Now Ice I shall destroy you!'' said Mort victoriously

``Well at least I won't have to listen to you anymore!'' said Ice *That's it Mort all I need is a little extra time then you can try my new special technique, the CHAOS RAY!* Thought Ice to him self..

With that Mort started to charge up his Death Blaster for the &Mac222;nal attack, Mort had won! He had beaten Ice far quicker than he thought he would, and he was a little sad that it was going to end this quickly but he didn't really care as he was about to destroy his ultimate enemy! ``Well Ice It's been fun but now it's time for you to DIE! Ha ha ha ha ha! But just as Mort was about to fire…


``Not so fast!'' yelled a speeding blur as he hit Mort's arm, sending Mort spinning into the air and then hitting the ground again. Mort quickly jumped back onto his feet.

``What!?'' asked Mort as he saw the blur skid to a halt… ``And just WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?'' yelled Mort at this new-comer into the ring…


``The names Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog!''


``Well Sonic…'' said Mort slyly, ``…I guess I have no other choice, but to…''


``To what?'' asked Sonic

``But to… KILL YOU!'' yelled Mort and at that split second that he fired his fireball at Sonic, Knuckles smashed into the back of Mort and sent him flying into the building, Ice jumped up and Mort smashed right into the spot where Ice had been!

``NOW MORT TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE!'' yelled Ice, as he had finished charging up his CHAOS RAY! The next thing he knew his attack hit the very place Mort had been standing, and then to his horror he saw Mort had jumped backwards and had elbowed knuckles right in the ribs… Knuckles was thrown aside and Mort touched the ground and skidded for a couple of seconds, before finally saying…


``Well that was fun Ice…'' he paused for a second while he took in a deep breath, ``…But next time…'' he had another pause, he was obviously injured but wouldn't give the satisfaction Ice wanted by saying that he was hurt! ``…FIGHT WITHOUT YOUR CRONIES!''


``WHAT?'' said Ice clearly puzzled by this comment, until it clicked… ``what you mean these guys?'' he asked Mort ``THEY ARE NOT MY CRONIES!'' yelled Ice ``I DON'T EVEN KNOW THEM!''


``Ha!'' replied Mort ``Don't make me laugh Ice!'', Mort paused again, this time for slightly longer than he had before, and also Mort clutched at his chest with his left hand, Mort needed to get out of here and soon! So to finish he replied ``Well when you feel tough enough to fight me on YOUR OWN, i.e. BY YOURSELF!'' emphasized Mort ``Then I'll fight you again! Till then see you Ice!'' said Mort as he suddenly vanished again.

Just after MORT had teleported away it started to cloud over, thunder could be heard in the distance. Ice just stood there for awhile letting it sink in, he had had Mort right where he needed him… and Mort had accused him of having made friends with these people, and brining them along to the fight! Ice had an expression of great depression on his face! Before he finally said…


``Why did you help me?'' demanded Ice, staring at Sonic and his friends with a cold piercing stare…


``We saw you in trouble…'' started Sonic, when he was interrupted
``I was never in trouble!''

``-Well that's what It looked like to me''

``Well then you obviously can't see very well can you!''

``-WHAT DID YOU SAY!?''

``Oh obviously can't hear to well either!''

``-WHAT!?''


``come on guys, calm down…'' said Amy in a soft voice…

``OH SHUT THE frack UP!''

``-LEAVE AMY ALONE YOU NARROW MINDED, SELF ABSORBED GIT!''

``YOU CAN'T CALL ME A GIT! YOU BASTARD…''

``-BASTARD AM I?''

``YES YOU ARE!''

- Ice and sonic yelled at each other as Knuckles just looked on, while Tails comforted Amy who had now started to cry… Sonic turned to Amy after realizing that she was crying…

``NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!'' Yelled Sonic at Ice

``What I'VE DONE!'' screamed ice in return

``YES WHAT YOU'VE DONE YOU frackING PRICK! WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT TO DIE! YOU'RE A COLD HEARTED, SELF ABSORBED, ARROGANT, OBNOXIOUS, EVIL, VICIOUS MALICIOUS TWAT!'' Sonic finished his statement and looked viciously at Ice, who, he expected to retort back, except that Ice didn't he just stood there, looking blank yet stunned.

``Come on guys'' said Sonic after a couple of seconds, ``Let's go and leave this ungrateful twat to whatever he was going to do…'' said Sonic as he walked over to Amy to comfort her too.

Ice looked at the ground for a second or two, before finally… ''WAIT!'' said Ice now with his hand in the air and jogging in front of Sonic and his friends, ``I have been alone, and away from civilization for over 5 years, in that time my words have become cold and my tongue even worse…'' Ice's tone was calmer and he himself was more composed, ``I… I… I am truly sorry about what I said to, to all of you…'' said Ice looking from Sonic to Amy, ``…I know that I have become closed and evil sounding, but that is only because of what happened to me 5 years ago, I never meant to snap at you the way I did! Anyone who would aid me in battle against Mort is a true ally of mine, and I know that I have tarnished this alliance badly by what I said, but if you are willing to forgive me all I can do is offer my heartiest apology to you, to all of you!'' said Ice. He was now bowing in front of them and then finally after a long pause Sonic finally said… ``Apology accepted!'' he paused ``Just next time-''


``Next time… what?'' said Ice quizzically

``-Next time don't be so hard on people like you were!'' finished Sonic
``I will try…'' started Ice ``…but after what happened to me and the fact I have been alone for the past 5 years, it just made me, I don't know…'' said Ice struggling to find the right words to say… ``…made me close off from the outside world. I felt that I didn't need help from anybody an that the only person I could trust with my life was… was…'' Ice paused again now looking face to face at Sonic ``…was Myself!'' Ice finally finished.

``Well...'' said Sonic, how still wasn't quite sure about this Ice guy, ``I suppose we had better get going'' said Sonic as they turned to leave…


``WAIT!'' called Ice after them

``What do you want now?'' asked Sonic tiredly

``Well… Well I… I thought that as we hadn't been properly introduced I thought we should be!'' said Ice with a hopeful look on his face ``Because you're in it now! so you'll be seeing a whole lot more of Me and Mort from now on!'' finished Ice

``What… wha…'' started Sonic ``What do you mean?'' asked Sonic

``Well seeing as how you have interfered with Mort's plans he'll be coming after you as well now!'' said Ice ``Seeing as to how he thought you were my friends, he'll want to dispose of you immediately!''


``Great,'' said Sonic ``Just great another maniac on the loose whose after us! That's all we need!''


``Well now with you on my side though…'' stared Ice, as Sonic and the others looked at him ``With you lot fighting with me, we may just stand a chance of finally finishing off Mort once and for all!'' Ice looked and felt the happiest he had ever felt, he never realized that he could this kind of happiness again!

``Don't you think you're putting a little to much trust in us pal?'' asked Knuckles

``Not at all said Ice,'' who had just seen a glimpse of the future, ``Not at all!''


so after they had finished talking, they all introduced themselves to Ice, and they then talked for a little while longer. However they eventually came to a subject that Ice did not feel like talking about…


``So Ice how exactly did you end up being alone for the past 5 years?'' asked Tails. At this question Ice started by just staring at tails horror stricken by what he had been asked,

``I… I… I can't tell you…'' said Ice slowly, his voice a little shaky

``Why?'' asked Knuckles

``I'm sorry but I just don't want to talk about it!'' said Ice trying to finish the conversation at that point, however…


``Why? Why can't you tell us? Does it have something to do with why your fighting Mort?'' they all continued to ask adding their own questions to the others

``LOOK'' said Ice standing up looking very annoyed ``I said I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS IT! ALRIGHT!'' Then all of a sudden Ice heard an explosion and felt a tremendous energy reading coming from the other side of the town…


``NO!'' yelled Ice looking in the direction of the attack! ``MORT's ATTACKING AGAIN!'' and before the other's knew what was happening Ice jumped to the top of the Speed Highway building and dashed off into the distance…


``Wait!'' yelled Sonic after him, But it was too late Ice had already gone, then suddenly they saw the thick cloud of black smoke rising from over the sky scrapers… ``No he was right! Knuckles with Me tails get the Tornado and see if you can help put out any fires! Amy go with Tails! We'll meet you guys there!'' and with that Sonic and Knuckles rushed off!

*
``HA HA HA HA HA! Look at these pathetic fools! They see me destroy a building and they flee! Now why can't everyone I meet react like that?'' said Mort, grinning viciously to himself.

``I'll tell you why Mort!'' said an angry voice from behind Mort, Mort swung his head around and saw Ice standing on top of pillar. ``It's because there are courageous people who will fight for what they believe in! People LIKE ME!'' yelled Ice as once again he dashed towards Mort, this time he was gonna win! Ice knew it, he would beat mort if it cost him his own LIFE!
``HA!'' said Mort as he dodged Ice's attack ``What good is courage? Hmmm Ice? All that courage gets you is KILLED!'' with that Mort fired a huge attack straight into Ice's back! The attack bore in deep, causing Ice to cough up some blood, and Ice was thrown across the road into a buildings wall, Ice quickly recovered though and once again charged at Mort!

``Courage is what helps people like me stand up to their enemies…'' replied Ice ``…even if their enemy is stronger they will always keep on fighting! That's why I'll never lose Mort!'' and with that Ice used his faze warp move to go from in front of Mort to behind him in a split second, this was too fast for Mort and before Mort knew what was going on… ``CHAOS RAY!'' yelled Ice as he fired his attack straight into Mort!

``ARRRRGGG!'' yelled Mort in pain as he flew into the same building Ice had moments before! Ice kept firing his attack, keeping Mort going, through the buildings wall, right into the building itself! At this point though, Mort rolled out of the way! Nimbly dodging the attack! ``Impressive! Very Impressive! His strength has increased significantly! But it won't be enough to beet ME!'' Mort quietly said to him self. With that Mort charged up his energy so he could perform his `Black Cannon' technique on Ice *This`ll get him for sure* thought Mort to himself!

By this time Ice had stopped his attack and had prepared himself for Mort to attack! Unfortunately Ice had not been expecting such a powerful attack, and when the black cannon made contact with Ice, he was hurtled through the air and crashed straight through the window of one of buildings near by! Ice managed to get in one quick Chaos Ray attack before falling down to the streets below, luckily the attack connected with the surprised Mort, the attack threw Mort back with such force that he nearly made holes in both sides of the building he hit!

However as Ice landed on the street, ``Ha! you… weren't… expecting… that now… were you? Hu?'' said Ice. But just as he finished that sentence… ``Oh no! Not… not now! I've… I've got… no… chaos energy… left! I… I can't… can't fight Mort… any more…'' and with that Ice fell face down onto the ground! Having battled so much no-stop Ice was completely drained! Ice could no longer battle Mort, however…


``HA FOOL! I KNEW I COULD BEAT YOU!'' said Mort, with glee, as he slowly got up and walked over to Ice… ``You may be strong Ice! But you still have a lot to learn about consuming your energy! Oh well! I guess It's over then! You obviously aren't going to save your people now are you?'' said Mort to the unconscious Ice, who clenched his fist a little when Mort mentioned his people! ``I mean if you are going to save your people it's going to take some kind of miracle to save you now isn't it Ice? Hmm?''


But just at that very moment a blot of lightning hit the ground in front of Mort, which caused Mort to step back covering his eyes, the lightning then took on a form and started to attack Mort vigorously! ``IS THIS MIRACLE ENOUGH FOR YA MORT?'' said the lightning being as he hit Mort so hard that he flew back into the air and almost landed on the roof of a nearby building!

Just as Sonic and Knuckles arrived they saw Mort flying towards the top of the building and crashing into it, just short of flying over the top of the building completely!

``What the hell?'' asked Sonic, ``Did Ice do that?''


``Who knows?'' said Knuckles ``Let's just find Ice!''


``Right!'' replied Sonic. As they turned the corner they saw Ice covered in debris, knuckles smashed most of it off of Ice and then Sonic pulled him out!

``He's in a bad way!'' said Sonic

``Well we better find somewhere where we can put him for the night hadn't we?!'' replied Knuckles

``Yeah your right!'' said Sonic ``I know let's take him to my place it's the closest!''


``All right then! I'll stay here and wait for tails and Amy!'' said Knuckles, he then looked around properly… ``Hey Sonic…''


``What is it now Knux?''


``Well… have you noticed how there isn't a fire anymore?'' with that Sonic looked around and saw to his surprise that Knuckles was correct! The fire that thy had seen the smoke coming from was now gone! However Sonic didn't dwell on it for too long because he raced off with Ice!

Soon everyone had arrived back at Sonic's apartment…


``Well I guess until he recovers he'll have to stay here!'' Said Knux

``I guess…'' said Sonic

Tails then appeared from the bedroom… ``Well I think he's going to be OK! He certainly looks like he's doing very well!''


``What do you mean?'' asked Knuckles

``Well it's the most peculiar thing I've ever seen! Sonic you told me that when you and Knux found him he was in a really bad shape right?''


``Yeah that's right why?''


``Because now we seems fine and looks about as badly injured as when we talked to him after his first battle!'' replied Tails


``WHAT!?!?'' yelled Sonic, Knuckles and Amy at the same time, shocked by what they had just heard

``What do you mean Tails?'' asked Knuckles

``Well like I said his injuries were, obviously, either not as bad as you thought… or…''


``Or what?'' asked sonic

``Or his regeneration is incredible! If he's regenerating, healing, himself at THAT rate then he should be fine by tomorrow morning!'' replied Tails

``All right then!'' said Sonic ``He can stay here tonight and if you're right Tails by tomorrow morning he'll be perfectly fine!'' said Sonic Tails nodded in agreement! ``Well then let's all go to bed and get some sleep of what little time we have left of the night!'' And with that Tails and Knuckles left and went back to their homes, while Amy stayed with Sonic for the night.

Before going to bed though, Sonic looked out of the window thinking what they had all been thinking *That was one hell of a long night!* Especially as it was now 5:00 AM!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END...

YEAH RIGHT!

DELUXE' EDITION OF CHAPTER 2: SECOND SUMMONING!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment