Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - the island

this is my first fanfic, its about all the main characters, its after they have just left the north pole. hope you like it, please comment

Chapter 1 - the island

Chapter 1 - the island
"Cant Appa fly any faster?" grumbled Sokka "Im getting wet".
"No, hes tired, weve been flying for a long time now" replied Aang.
Sokka, Katara, Aang and mo-mo were flying over a large ocean on appas back. Only, the waves were getting bigger, the rain heavier and the wind stronger. Soon it developed into a ferocious storm.
"We need to land somewhere, or well get blown out of the sky" shouted Aang, above the roaring wind.
"Hey! Look! Theres an island over there!" exclaimed Katara, pointing.
Sokka looked. The island was in the shape of a moon. It reminded him of Princess Yue. His spirits fell.
Appa sped up slightly as they got closer to the island, and finally landed.
"Ill go get some firewood, Katara, can you get some fish? Oh and Sokka, can you set up camp in that cave over there?" asked Aang.
Sokka jumped up at the chance of being alone for a while. He walked towards the cave, with Appa close behind. Sokka sighed. Appa licked him, as if to cheer him up.
"Thanks, Appa" Sokka muttered.
Sokka quickly set up camp, then walked outside. He lay on the ground and looked up at the stars, the moon.
Aang and Katara were soon back, with fish and firewood. Aang lit a fire and Katara cooked the fish on it. Sokka ate his fish, then went to sleep.
"Whats up with him?" asked Aang.
"Im not sure" answered Katara "Anyway, wed better get some sleep."

Prince Zuko was up on the deck of his ship, practising his fire bending.
"Prince Zuko, the storm is getting too much. We should anchor on that island over there" advised uncle Iroh.
"Ok...whatever" mumbled Zuko. Soon, they anchored on the island. The rest of the crew decided to stay on the ship, but Iroh was getting seasick, so the two of them headed for shelter on land. Walking down the stairs, Zuko looked around. There was a cave not far away. Zuko waited at the bottom of the stairway for his uncle. However, as soon as his uncle stepped on the island, he collapsed. Zuko caught him before his head hit the floor. The ships steps were raised. Zuko laid his uncle down. He was unconscious. Zuko sat on the wet floor for a while. Darkness was creeping in. He stood up, hoisted his uncle on his back, and grunting and struggling, headed for the cave.

Katara woke up to a grunting sound. Strong and brave from the moon, she picked up a lantern, lit it, and followed the sound. Soon enough, she got to a line of trees. Whatever was making the sound was on the other side. Katara opened he canteen, incase it was dangerous.
She was surprised when no other than Prince Zuko emerged from the trees, carrying his uncle on his back. He saw her.
"You! What are you....."
He collapsed under his uncles weight.
Katara gasped. Her immediate reaction was to run over, check he was okay.
Zuko pushed his uncle from on top of him and sat up.
Katara hesitated for a moment, then asked him if he was ok.
"Yeah, but.... Uncle" he mumbled.
"I can help... if you want me to" replied Katara.
"Yeh....ok...just... make sure...uncle...is ok." he mumbled again.
"We just need to get to that cave over there, where weve set up camp" said Katara.
`Camp? Does that mean the avatar is there?... No, its not the time to be thinking about that....uncles in trouble thought Zuko.
He steadied himself and tried to pick up his uncle, but he couldnt.
"Do you need some help?" asked Katara.
"No! Im fine!" Zuko growled. He didnt want to seem weak.
He tried again, but still, he couldnt.
"Here, Ill do it" offered Katara, picking up his uncle as if he was the lightest thing in the world.
`Wow, shes strong, for a girl, but I already knew that, Ive seen her in battle....WHAT ON EARTH AM I THINKING?!" thought Zuko.
They headed of together toward the cave in an uneasy silence.
`What am I doing? thought Katara, ` Im leading him straight to Aang!...but... hes in a weak stare... and his uncle...
"Well, here we are" said Katara, walking in.
"Its dark in here, you couldnt light a fire could you?" she asked.
"N..." Zuko looked at Katara, her big eyes, blue, shining, full of hope despite her sad past.
"No problem" he mumbled, sending a fireball towards the firewood.
With the cave lit up, he could see that he was only a few steps away from the avatar; his honour, his throne. "No!" he said to himself.
Katara laid Zukos uncle on the ground, resting his head on her blanket. Then she got the water from her canteen and sprayed it over him. Her hands began glowing.
"Come on..." she whispered to herself.
Uncle Iroh wok up to see a pair of shining blue eyes looking down at him.
"Zuko?" he asked.
"Yes, uncle?" he answered.
"Where are we? Have you got any tea?" He asked.
"Sit up, and youll see, and no, I have no tea" smiled Zuko.
Iroh hadnt seen Zuko smile in a long, long time. He sat up. He was in a cave, with a warm roaring fire. He looked around. His eyes widened when he saw Aang and Sokka asleep in a corner He looked at Zuko. Kneeling next to him was Katara, a pretty water tribe girl and a powerful bender. He looked at his nephew again. There was something in his eyes he had never seen before.......


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowoffire on December 3, 2006, 1:07:10 AM

shadowoffire on
shadowoffirehey, this is my first fanfic, hop you like it, please leave a comment.