Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Inside the Dungeons

Ari and his newfound friends have been traveling for a long time now, with their 'leader', Stan. So far, Ari has gotten three friends, and they are in... a desert. Will Stan truely be the one and only Evil king?

Chapter 2 - Inside the Dungeons

Chapter 2 - Inside the Dungeons
After they had all writen their names in the book, and Rosalyn had muted her laughing at Stan's name, Ari had slowly sneaked through the door at the back of the room. He looked around the dark room, and walked forward, thinking he wouldn't see anything special. He had walked about ten steps, then had almost fell into a passage of water, but he had fell backwards, instead. "WOAH!.... Eh... I don't know how deep it is. . . I think we should just. . . find a different way. . ." Squinting through the darkness, he could barely see a few bridges, shaped like arcs. He gestured to Rosalyn and Linda to follow him along, and the three slowly walked across the small bridge.
Quietly, hugging closer to Ari, Linda commented, " I-I... Think I heard something over there. . ." She pointed straight in front of Ari, with a shaking hand. She had felt something poke her hand while it was still pointing, and she shrieked with fear "AHH! Something touched me!" She had recoiled furiously, jumping backwards onto Rosalyn, landing on the ground hard.
Rosalyn made a small noise when Linda had caused them to fall back on the ground, and was now pushing Linda off of her, saying, "Watch it!" She had also whispered to herself mocking Linda, calling her a prep. She stood back up, and looked in front of her. No Ari.
"Uhh, Ari?" She waved her hands in front of her, because it was possible that she just couldn't see him from the lack of light. She felt nothing. "Quit kidding around, now's not the time, who knows where Big Bull is--" She stopped mid-sentence, and had noticed Ari was just behind her, not moving.
Ari had drawn his sword out, and his back was facing Rosalyn. He ran forward, and jumped in the air, and while coming back down, sliced something straight in half. Not much later a sound of clay shattering filled the room, and Linda looked at Ari filled with awe, as she stood up beside Rosalyn.
"W-wow, Ari," was the only thing her mouth would let her say. She walked to where he was shyly, and looked down at a shattered pot.
With no expression on his face, he sheathed his sword. "I don't know why there would be giant pots here, but compared to everything else I've been through, it doesn't really surprise me. And if something strong attacks, Stan won't be able to help. No light, no shadows," he looked at Rosalyn seriously, "and that might be bad, because we've also lost Big Bull's help."
Linda following, he started walking across another bridge, when Rosalyn had ran in front of him and stopped. "Wait. That pot you destroyed, the last times we saw those, we usually had to destroy a certain number of them letting us advance the floor below. That's probably the case here, too." Holding her white-rose rapier in hand, she threw the parasol on the ground. "No shadows, remember," she asked with a smirk appearing on her face.
Ari smiled. "Linda, the pots here didn't seem too strong, so how about you go over there and check for one? You could crack it up easy, just hammer it with your microphone. I'll go to a different place, and slice another."
They all agree, and separate into the pitch-black. Ari wanders around for a couple of minutes, then runs into his pot, and it lurches forward, causing him to fly into a wall, crashing straight through. The pot magically floats up a little bit, and turns it's top towards Ari, gaining up energy for an attack. Ari, closing his eyes half-way in the eye-scorching, skin tingling light, had looked to be hopeless. As he started to stand, trying to dodge the attack, Stan had popped out, because there was now light.
Wasting Ari's precious seconds to move, Stan had stretched forward, and fell right on the pot, causing it to shatter into small pieces about the size of grains of sand, and the strange energy was slowly fading away. "Boy, be more careful, I can't become the Evil King if I have a dead body for a carrier." As the light faded away, so did the 2-D shadow.
Rosalyn, being a little bit late, had ran across a couple of bridges, to see what was happening. "Ari! What in the world just happened?!" Her gaze fastly turned to the huge hole in the wall directly behind Ari. She stood in shock that his bones weren't broken, more amazed that he was still conscious.
Ari slowly sunk to his knees, for the attack that Stan used on the pot was an attack that used up a lot of his power and energy. "Stupid pot threw me into the wall. That's it, nothing more or less."
Linda had skipped slowly up beside Rosalyn, with a smile on her face. "The pot I destroyed had money inside of it! A lot, too!" She was grinning with her eyes closed, and the floor started to slight jump up and down, like an earthquake.
Rosalyn had took a defensive stance, and looked annoyed, then remembered the small hatch leading downstairs. The shaking of the ground stopped, and Rosalyn walked over to Ari, hauling him over her back. We'll go back and heal you. You need it, heh, you can't even stand up. Then we'll go down below, and defeat whatever's down there." Finding her way back through the darkness, she was sure she'd seen light coming from downstairs earlier. Maybe, she thought, Stan'll be able to help next time.
Linda had stowed all of her money beside the healing products. "Nobody's gonna come get it and it'll be in my way, so... I'll just leave it here!" Linda sat down beside Ari and Rosalyn, and started humming the song Stan had taught her earlier (The one about Evil kings and dominating the world). She watched as Ari was quickly being healed, and stood back up, ready to go down to the next level. Walking to the stairs with Ari and Rosalyn close behind, she heard a man's voice from the entrance.
"You shouldn't enter, I caution you. As simple it may look, there are more floors than two. If you don't heed my warning, it might end your lives. Everybody who enters there never survives."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Candyochan on June 1, 2006, 1:29:32 AM

Candyochan on
CandyochanAWESOME YOSHI!!!!!! this is so cool update

Moon_the_blue_neko on February 20, 2006, 2:26:21 AM

Moon_the_blue_neko on
Moon_the_blue_nekoyay! i love it! please up date soon! yay epros! that was him taling right? ::anime sweat drop:: i like how you wrtoe this with the game references and all that was awsome... you made Linda act like her anoying self and same with Rosalyn and Stan as for ari lol he has no set personality in my book so it was awsome! i liked it ^_^ write mooooore!!!! ^_^ ::hugs you and gives you a cookie::