Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Rest of the Day

OK....this is what my profiles were for.......it is probably not going to be very good, seeing as I can't right stories very well......but comment if you like.

Chapter 5 - Rest of the Day

Chapter 5 - Rest of the Day
 
 
      "So...what did you catch?" Stormpaw asked Songpaw. "Five rabbits, eleven mice, three voles, four adders, seven sparrows, eight robins, and...................a crayfish." His little sister meowed. "Wow...." Stormpaw sounded surprised "I only caught three mice and a pigeon." So....one by one all the apprentices got together and talked about what they had caught. It added up to about 17 rabbits, 34 mice, 8 voles, 4 adders, 13 sparrows, 24 robins, 3 grasshoppers, 2 beetles, 19 fish, and 3 crayfish. A good catch for apprentices. Songpaw had the greatest amount of prey and Spiderpaw the least, only counted with the grasshoppers and beetles. Now let's take it to the fresh kill hollow." Pandapaw suggested. "K." Every cat agreed......except Spiderpaw. But that's understandable...he's lazy....he don't count.........
 
      "I got the rabbits!" Songpaw purred grabbing one and jumping down the tunnel with it. "Robins!" Cookiepaw Shouted grabbing two by their wings and following Songpaw. "I'll get the mice." Pandapaw said as he picked up about three or four of them by the tail and jumped down the hole after his sisters. "I guess I'll do the adders, grasshoppers, and beetles...." Stormpaw said as he picked up all four adders and was going to go down the hole when Songpaw and Cookiepaw jumped out of it, coming to get more fresh kill. "Sorry Sparky...I mean Stormpaw." Songpaw chimed as she got another rabbit and raced down the hole. "Yeah sorry." Cookiepaw meowed as she jumped past with two more robins. Then Stormpaw went into the hole. Pandapaw soon came out and took in more mice. Eventually all the kill had been taken into the hollow and the apprentices sat in the meeting hollow grooming each other and sharing tongues.
 
      Daystar came into the hollow and jumped onto the High-dirt. "Clan cats come. I wish to speak to you." All the GroundClan cats came to the hollow. "My friend and rival leader of ThunderClan has informed me that Leaf-bare is coming soon.....you have done a great job at catching food today apprentices...but with each passing moon high we are loosing prey. We will need to be careful how much we eat and hunt for a few moons and then new-leaf will arrive....replenishing the forest with new creatures." A mummer went threw the cats. "Now I know for some of you this may be your first Leaf-bare others this may not. But still I wish you all to know the dangers that come of it. There is scarcer prey. Colder weather. Shorter days. And Longer nights. Those are just some of the dangers. There is no cause for alarm. We can make due under the forest...... Oh and if your coats start to feel heavy,.....that is natural." With that Daystar jumped off of High-dirt and walked off to her hollow with Yellowheart in toe.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~I know this was Short but I don't have a lot of time....If you'd comment more I'd think of updating maybe even on weekends when I have better things to do....~~~~~~~~~
 
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment