Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Winter Morning

OK....this is what my profiles were for.......it is probably not going to be very good, seeing as I can't right stories very well......but comment if you like.

Chapter 6 - Winter Morning

Chapter 6 - Winter Morning
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I realize I am skipping ahead a lot....deal with it.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
      Softpaw awoke with a groan. It was another day of trekking threw the snow on patrol of the Clans border. She hated snow. It was cold. And wet. And soggy. And it crunched beneath her paws. And it gave way at the most unexpected times. She hated snow....no. Hate is a strong word. Softpaw LOATHED snow. Every cat in the Clan knew it. Her brother Racconpaw didn't understand how she could hate it. Personally. He loved the snow. He would always try to step back into his tracks in the snow.  Racconpaw LOVED the snow. Dogpaw on the other hand. Could care less about snow. He didn't like it. Didn't hate it. It was a neutral existence to his life. He blended in a little but his spots made him stand out slightly. Dogpaw and Racconpaw were still asleep though. Softpaw gently got out of her nest, and made her way to the meeting hollow where the rest of the dawn patrol was waiting for her. Apologizing for being late Softpaw followed behind the patrol.
 
      Spiderpaw woke up, stood up, and stretched. Blinking his eyes to adjust them to the dim yet slightly brighter than closed eye light. He opened his mouth in a yawn and close it turning his head to look around the hollow. 'So' He thought. 'Softpaw's awake.......interesting.' He looked at his siblings sleeping around him in in their moss twig nests. Then he looked at the tunnel entrance. It seemed long ago that he once had lived in a warm house and would now be waking up to his mother licking him. He had long since forgotten his mother's soft caressing licks to his fur.....he seemed to be the one that needed them the most. Since he was to lazy to even clean himself. But he got used to it. He silently slunk out of the tunnel and closed his eyes against the bright morning light that illuminated the outside world. He hated snow. It made his muscles ache...not that moving them in general didn't make then hurt....but still. He yawned again, went back to the apprentices hollow, curled up into his warm nest, and fell into a deep sleep.
 
      Bloodfur had just woken up. He knew how cold it was outside but went out anyway. Slowly he made his way to the stream they drank from, broke the ice, and drank the ice cold water, turning and going back, but wandering threw the tunnels. He hated Leaf-bare. Not because it was cold. Or because you had to break ice to drink. Not even because of the lack of prey. Bloodfur hated Leaf-bare because his fur didn't blend in. Dark redish brownish black defiantly stood out in the white winter wonderland that snow brought. Yes.....Leaf-bare made Bloodfur's blood boil inside his body.
 
     Fluffystorm woke up. She had been waking up all night. She figured it was morning but had to check. She slowly made her way out of the maze of dirt tunnels and sat next to the entrance to the underground camp that was GroundClan. She noticed the paw steps of Bloodfur...no mistaking them...or his sent. She saw the paw prints of the dawn patrol going to patrol the boundaries of the territory. She also noticed the spot that she guessed Spiderpaw had sat in judging by the way the snow was pushed down and the sent it held. Fluffystorm decided to go back to sleep. She turned around and went back into the tunnel, Finding her way to the Warriors Den. Daystar had told her the day before she would be made an Elder very soon. But she was Ok with that. She knew her muscles were stiffening. Her movement slowed. She could barely catch a mouse let alone fight an enemy. So, Fluffystorm went back to warriors den and fell asleep.
 
      Bladestorm had been awake for some time now. She had been felling funny all night and part of the day before but said nothing. he figured it was because she was going to be kitting soon but didn't wish to bother Fishfang who had enough to worry about. It was cold. Running noses were everywhere in the clan. Littlefoot had a nasty cough. Lemurfur had a large gash in the side of his body from an unexpected fight with a fox. No Bladestorm was not going to bother Fishfang with needless problems. Of course Fishfang was in the Queens hollow everyday asking how Scruffypelt and her were doing. 'Well' Bladestorm though as she yawned. 'Now I'm getting tired. I better get some sleep.' With that Bladestorm circled in he nesting, laid down, and went to sleep, hoping not to have her kits in this horrid weather.
 
      Fishfang awoke with an uneasy feeling. She had the feeling that Bladestorm would be kitting soon....no matter what the gray queen kept saying. Fishfang got out of her nest, stretched, looked around at the different herbs in her hollow. She then saw what an Apprentice probably left for her this morning. A mouse. She slowly trotted over to it and picked it up taking it to her nest. She silently ate the little brown field mouse. And deposited the bones in there designated place. Fishfang then slowly drifted off to sleep.
 
~~~~~~~There we go! Another senseless chapter. Please comment....please...I'm begging~~~~~~~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment